NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Ill give yall a link to a review here in a couple weeks, we will have several colors here at finish line

Men’s Cross-Training Shoe
Weight: 11.2 oz
Heel to Toe Drop: 4mm
Flat, max-support heel for weightlifting
Drop-in midsole & forefoot grooves for greater flexibility
Breathable, abrasion-resistant mesh
Lightweight Vectran filaments (Flywire) for optimal structure and support
Color: Anthracite w/ black, cool gray, white

^ ^ ^

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. Holding off on buying the new 3.0 Traner Free V3 until I get to check these out.

I still don't get why nike makes a woman's 1.0 and Men don't have one. The womens 1.0 Bionic is basically everything i want. A shoe that puts you basically on the ground. Would be the perfect deadlift shoe.

This is puzzling to me as well but I guess they might feel that for mens, since we tend to be heavier, the 1.0 sole might not be enough cushioning? I think the Hyperfeel TR is the closest we will get, it has a 3mm heel to toe drop.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. Holding off on buying the new 3.0 Traner Free V3 until I get to check these out.

I still don't get why nike makes a woman's 1.0 and Men don't have one. The womens 1.0 Bionic is basically everything i want. A shoe that puts you basically on the ground. Would be the perfect deadlift shoe.
This is puzzling to me as well but I guess they might feel that for mens, since we tend to be heavier, the 1.0 sole might not be enough cushioning? I think the Hyperfeel TR is the closest we will get, it has a 3mm heel to toe drop.
There will be a $90 Xfit shoe in like aug thats closer to a hyperfeel outsole/midsole.

Ill post the link to our blog in about 2 weeks when i can get the review up.    ( Finish Line)

Definitely interested in that lower XFit shoe but August is a long way from now and I am definitely going to need something til then.

Worst comes to worst I pick up some 5.0 on deep discount to hold me over if the Metcon and new 3.0 Trainers aren't as good as I hope.

Ill give yall a link to a review here in a couple weeks, we will have several colors here at finish line

Men’s Cross-Training Shoe
Weight: 11.2 oz
Heel to Toe Drop: 4mm
Flat, max-support heel for weightlifting
Drop-in midsole & forefoot grooves for greater flexibility
Breathable, abrasion-resistant mesh
Lightweight Vectran filaments (Flywire) for optimal structure and support
Color: Anthracite w/ black, cool gray, white
Thanks - good to hear FNL is getting them in as I have some rewards to use.  Haven't seen them on their site or release calender so that is great to hear.

Last edited:
Yeah mainly want something good from deadlift and squat... too much of a brand loyalist to pull out the chucks in the gym I'm afraid to say

im all about these when they come out. ive been using nb's mx series for the longest time as my main gym shoe and have my romaleos for the heavy lifts. im a big fan of all these minimal firm trainers and im pretty sure these will do well at the gym.

Hey I'm pretty new on here and I can't seem to find where to ask this from my phone, but does anyone know what the "1" means in Lunar TR1?
Is it referring to the drop of the shoe or just the model (although there is a new Lunar TR1 model)?

Thanks!

Great info from the finishline rep appreciate it and repped

Can't wait to see the lower to the ground crossfit shoe. I am going to pick up some new 3.0 trainers as soon as they go on sale. Will grab the metcon's most likely too. I need new gym shoe rotation. I have so many miles on my old 3.0s that i love to death and my free run 2s. Wear my flyknit lunar 1s some times and my flyknit trainers too. But my 3.0 runs from forever ago are still my favorite shoe

What stores other than Nike Stores will have them in stock? I don't want to wait for them to be shipped. IDK why this shoe dropping is reminding me of a AJ release. I live in the SoCal area.

Finishline (link just above) and RoadRunnerSports.com (link in the OP) will have them. I don't think this will be too difficult to get though local availability might be scarce.

@RFX45  I know most of the online places to get them. Roadrunner and Rogue are already sold out. I was just hoping to run into Sports Chalet, ***** or Finish Line and buy them on release day. Looks like I'm going to have to drive to NTLA for them.

I'd give Finishline a call or maybe even Footlocker at Beverly Center (not sure if that one is better for you) but I don't think it'll sell out quick so just try and keep up with this thread and hopefully we can get some more local locations.

I'll likely check at the Footlocker at Beverly Center myself and I'll report back wherever I see them at.

Sweet! I've called the Sport Chalet's in Arcadia and La Canada and they aren't getting them. The DSG in Pasadena and West Covina aren't getting them. FNL in Arcadia (is closing 1/24) Montebello and West Covina aren't either. Leg work just like an AJ release. LOL

Finishline (link just above) and RoadRunnerSports.com (link in the OP) will have them. I don't think this will be too difficult to get though local availability might be scarce.
What my man said is right on. Local availability for all will be tough for roughly the first 6-8 months. 

Here is our blog post

http://blog.finishline.com/2015/01/21/nike-metcon-1/

The blog says 1/31 to cop a pair, but we wont have them online until the 2nd and 3rd week of feb, theres shipping delays right now with anticipated snow storms..... wait and grab these from us! Im sure many of you have coupons and FinishLine rewards to use right?

Also, im the guy in the Camo Metcons in the blog post- Tech fleece pants, camo tights- 

-Fresh 

What my man said is right on. Local availability for all will be tough for roughly the first 6-8 months. 

Here is our blog post

http://blog.finishline.com/2015/01/21/nike-metcon-1/

The blog says 1/31 to cop a pair, but we wont have them online until the 2nd and 3rd week of feb, theres shipping delays right now with anticipated snow storms..... wait and grab these from us! Im sure many of you have coupons and FinishLine rewards to use right?

Also, im the guy in the Camo Metcons in the blog post- Tech fleece pants, camo tights- 

-Fresh 

What colors are releasing to start?

Back
Top Bottom