NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I use my metcons for weight training and some HIIT every now and then.

I squat in lifting shoes, and I prefer to DL barefoot, but they just scolded me at my gym (at a university) and told me I have to wear shoes in the weight room, so I'm deadlifting in metcons too.

I haven't ran in the metcons and I don't want to. I like them for their stable base, but they feel a bit clunky. I like running in dedicated runners.

Do any of you guys do crossfit? Or moreso just enjoy the kicks?

What I do would be similar to CrossFit. I compete as a Sprinter/jumper, so there are a lot of explosive movements and lifts in the 80-95% range. For what it's worth, I like the look of almost every new shoe that comes out. I'm always excited for updates in terms of performance, but I couldn't really care about aesthetics.

Do any of you guys do crossfit? Or moreso just enjoy the kicks?

I’ve been doing CrossFit since late 2012, I started in a pair of Nano 2s, then jumped on the Metcon train when they dropped. Really liked the 1s but I have bought several CWs of 2s, 3s, 4s. Also have a lot of Nanos, some NoBulls & a pair of the UA TriBase. Talked with James Newbury about them since he is a UA athlete, watched a few vids on them so I copped a pair. I like them for their minimalist fit but I find myself rotating through the Nanos, RF1s & UAs now & not so much of the Metcon for anything.

I’ve been doing CrossFit since late 2012, I started in a pair of Nano 2s, then jumped on the Metcon train when they dropped. Really liked the 1s but I have bought several CWs of 2s, 3s, 4s. Also have a lot of Nanos, some NoBulls & a pair of the UA TriBase. Talked with James Newbury about them since he is a UA athlete, watched a few vids on them so I copped a pair. I like them for their minimalist fit but I find myself rotating through the Nanos, RF1s & UAs now & not so much of the Metcon for anything.

might have to check out the UAs. gonna need a new pair soon

I use my metcons for weight training and some HIIT every now and then.

I squat in lifting shoes, and I prefer to DL barefoot, but they just scolded me at my gym (at a university) and told me I have to wear shoes in the weight room, so I'm deadlifting in metcons too.

I haven't ran in the metcons and I don't want to. I like them for their stable base, but they feel a bit clunky. I like running in dedicated runners.

This
Was squatting in my romaleo's and DL in my metcons (been squatting in my metcons recently since being tall some times the heel elevation causes me to pitch forward in my squat putting my back at risk). I would also wear metcons for chest day some times. But my issue was always running. I usually am on a tredmill every day i work out and if i wanted to run more then 2 miles id rather just wear running shoes to the gym. And being i was coming from work packing 2 pairs or shoes was unnecessary.

I do not crossfit but am looking into those new UA tribase reigns or the metcon 5s.

This
Was squatting in my romaleo's and DL in my metcons (been squatting in my metcons recently since being tall some times the heel elevation causes me to pitch forward in my squat putting my back at risk). I would also wear metcons for chest day some times. But my issue was always running. I usually am on a tredmill every day i work out and if i wanted to run more then 2 miles id rather just wear running shoes to the gym. And being i was coming from work packing 2 pairs or shoes was unnecessary.

I do not crossfit but am looking into those new UA tribase reigns or the metcon 5s.
Metcon Free might be good for you

Last edited:
Metcon Free might be a good for you

When they dropped i literally was like this is the perfect combination. But I find them visually unappealing :lol:. On my list though. If i ran into them at an outlet for the low low id def cop

When they dropped i literally was like this is the perfect combination. But I find them visually unappealing :lol:. On my list though. If i ran into them at an outlet for the low low id def cop

My personal issue with the Metcon Free is that they don't stayed securely laced when I am doing short runs/HIIT work outs. They are comfortable and great when I start off but the shoe laces keep coming untied after awhile so always in the back of my mind as my workout intensifies. I use regular Metcons as well for straight lifting and if strictly running like everyone else I use shoes strictly for that purpose. Wanted the Frees for my HIIT workouts but the lace issue is annoying. Hopefully the new Metcons solve this issue and I'll look into the UA TriBase as well. Also, wanted to use the Frees for some Spartan stadium sprint races for 2019 but again the lace issue probably will force me to go another route unless the new version fixes it. Just my personal experience with the Free but def comfortable and great otherwise for those type workouts.

My personal issue with the Metcon Free is that they don't stayed securely laced when I am doing short runs/HIIT work outs. They are comfortable and great when I start off but the shoe laces keep coming untied after awhile so always in the back of my mind as my workout intensifies. I use regular Metcons as well for straight lifting and if strictly running like everyone else I use shoes strictly for that purpose. Wanted the Frees for my HIIT workouts but the lace issue is annoying. Hopefully the new Metcons solve this issue and I'll look into the UA TriBase as well. Also, wanted to use the Frees for some Spartan stadium sprint races for 2019 but again the lace issue probably will force me to go another route unless the new version fixes it. Just my personal experience with the Free but def comfortable and great otherwise for those type workouts.
You think it's the laces?

on my metcon frees i swapped out the laces with some rope laces and never had an issue. i just did it for looks but i guess it served two purposes :lol:

Grabbed these for $71 with that SAVE25 code that was going on a couple weeks ago, supposed to arrive today. First Free x Metcon's for me. I debated which color forever, but thought this had really cool color mixing on em with the olive, orange and speckled sole.

free-x-metcon-cross-training-weightlifting-shoe-VKoLdD.jpg

Did a ton of work in the Metcon 3, some in the 2 and just recently got the Creed Flyknit 3's, but might need to get them stretched, they're narrow AF. Was so excited for them too, especially after getting my pre-order cancelled then hitting the restock. Luckily my parents own a shoe repair shop so he can professionally stretch them perhaps. Don't want to return after all that >D.

Last edited:
Disappointed Nike took down the dax2s from the website. Was planning to cop the blk iridescent blue pair on discount lol

I started to do CrossFit this year. It’s been humbling to say the least. My focus is to gain competence in the movements and worry about the weight later.

I use my metcons for CrossFit with the exception of the running component.

Back
Top Bottom