NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

UPDATE: The Metcon 3 is set to hit NIKEiD on December 19 with a general release scheduled for January 6.

nike-metcon-3-1.jpg

nike-metcon-3-3.jpg

nike-metcon-3-4.jpg

UPDATE: METCON 2 FIRST LOOK

View media item 1703611View media item 1703612View media item 1703613View media item 1703614View media item 1703615

Metcon 1s can be pre-ordered now (02/02/15 release): http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/00261/mens-nike-metcon-1/

Men's NIKE[emoji]174[/emoji] METCON 1 :: Score the hybrid shoe that's specifically designed to withstand the demands of cross training, all while keeping you moving at full speed, the Men's Nike[emoji]174[/emoji] MetCon 1. Lift, jump, climb and run without missing a beat in this shoe that offers the ultimate fit, combining stability, flexibility and lockdown support. Ease through every part of your high powered workouts with the fantastic traction and abrasion resistant details, and count on the MetCon 1 to last wear after wear thanks to its exceptionally durable construction.

Forefoot grooves: Provide flexibility to run with ease
Rubber covers the midsole: Reduces abrasion from rope climbs
Drop-in midsole: Offers both stability and flexibility for dynamic movements
Abrasion-resistant mesh: Allows for breathability and durability
Flywire cables: Offer excellent midfoot lockdown
Flat, firm heel: Gives stability during heavy lifting
Heel-To-Toe Drop: 4mm
WEIGHT: 11.2 ounces

00261-001

Last edited:
Wodcast Podcast reviewed the Metcons and compared it to the Reebok Nano 4 but I can't find anywhere to download and listen on it though.
http://www.wodcastpodcast.com/episodes/

December 10, 2014
John "Moose" Mustafa joins Armen Hammer, Eddie Ifft, and Scott McGee as they chat about recent big lifts, changes to Regionals, NorCal CrossFit, the Nike Metcon 1s, the question of the week, then get into Grid, the Gridscore, then get into the lightning round.

At the 17:47 mark.

Last edited:
Dedicated shoes for crossfit? Come on..
Nike makes shoes for damn near every sport including fencing and rowing so why not make one for one of the most heavily rising and popular fitness activities out there?? And no I don't crossfit

The Nike Metcon 1 is strategically designed to withstand the demands of cross-training while keeping you moving at full speed. Lift, jump, climb and run with the ultimate fit; combining stability, flexibility, lockdown and durability for high-powered workouts.

– Minimal heel-toe drop for stability when lifting, running or jumping.

– Flex grooves let you move more naturally

– Durable sides for protection on the ropes. Lightweight stability for intense conditioning.

-http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2015-01/nike-metcon-1?cp=usns_aff_080113_je6NUbpObpQ&site=je6NUbpObpQ-zehp7AxTpAZWITDH.3disA

I'm excited. More competition means everyone that is currently making stuff in that area will have to step up their game. I want to try these out and see how they compare to other shoes that I've been using from other companies.

Not too sure if i am going to try these or nike free trainer 3.0s.

They both have 4mm heel to toe drop. I am going to assume that the metcon will be more "stable"? Idk but i like the looks of the new free trainer 3.0 more then these

Can I deadlift in these? Lol been waiting for a Nike shoe to switch to but nothing it flat enough for heavy pulls.

Can I deadlift in these? Lol been waiting for a Nike shoe to switch to but nothing it flat enough for heavy pulls.

Flat, firm heel: Gives stability during heavy lifting

Maybe. This has been my hang up with these. No actual talk of the cushioning and how low to the ground they will be. But if the heel is indeed firmer it may be better for squatting then nikes other trainers at least. Firm heel and a very minimal heel to toe drop says they should be ok for deads....idk i think nike is banking on its versatility. Funny that its 2015 and still hard to beat chucks for deads

I deadlift in Free Trainer 5.0's and I think they are pretty stable. These just look too generic, Nike coudve done a much better job.

For squat work I have Adidas Powerlifts, pretty good for $90. They suck for deadlifting though.

I thought the design is fine, not mind blowing but my main interest is in how it performs.

I was very disappointed with the review of the Hypercross and I didn't like the performance of the TR1s. Both shoes looks good but it doesn't perform as promised.

Plus it's not like the Metcons are an eyesore.

I know a lot of people that swear by the reebok nano series and i think nike is just trying to cut into that market.

I still don't get why nike makes a woman's 1.0 and Men don't have one. The womens 1.0 Bionic is basically everything i want. A shoe that puts you basically on the ground. Would be the perfect deadlift shoe.

Back
Top Bottom