NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I like the React Metcons and they'll likely be the replacement for my tried and true Flyknit Metcons, but the review posted is off I believe. The React Metcons have a knit upper, but it's not flyknit (which I can care less for in a training shoe TBH). Roadrunner sports actually has the White/Black pair:

1577480423224.png

nike says its forged flyknit:

BUILT FOR STRENGTH, SPEED AND COMFORT.

The Nike React Metcon takes the stability and traction from the training original and pairs it with Nike's most comfortable cushioning. Tackle high-impact and lifting workouts with a light, breathable upper and durable grip to keep you going.

High-Impact Cushioning
Nike React foam provides lightweight, responsive cushioning for high-impact moves like box jumps, double unders and sprints.

Forged FlyKnit
Lightweight knit construction is zonally reinforced for durability, comfort and speed.

Speed Lacing
A quick-pull lacing system lets you make adjustments on the fly so you can focus on your training.

Durable Traction
The rubber sole climbs the side of the shoe for durability and extra grip during rope climbs.

^^^
Ok that’s wassup, it wasn’t a deal breaker for me but an added plus. I really want to see if Nike will release a grey/gum pair but I’m excited to try them on. Might actually start CrossFit again next year, if not other HIIT, so I’m pumped.

Never bought Metcons as a workout/training shoe. I always use high-level runners or basketball shoes. How are these? Because whenever I look at them, I keep thinking that a shoe that flat can't be good for working out/training and I have very high arches.

Never bought Metcons as a workout/training shoe. I always use high-level runners or basketball shoes. How are these? Because whenever I look at them, I keep thinking that a shoe that flat can't be good for working out/training and I have very high arches.
Metcon‘s are made for crossFit but also double as a good lifting shoe, not really cross training...

Metcon‘s are made for crossFit but also double as a good lifting shoe, not really cross training...

Entirely depends on your style and purpose of training. I compete as a sprinter, so I like the Metcons for how adaptable they are. I can use them for my big lifts as well as my dynamic/plyo work. I don't particularly like the 5s, because I felt the heel was too clunky for my. I ended up going with a Nike SB shoe that also has a drop in midsole. But most Metcons remind me of Kobe shoes: low profile, high court feel, etc.

My gf loves CrossFit, has been doing it 5 days/week for like 2 years and says the Metcon Reacts are the best CrossFit Shoes she's ever had. Says the stability on heavier lifts combined with cushioning for running/jumping is unparalleled.

Really gotta try the Metcon Reacts. Would love to get them on disco. I’m a fan of the no lace/quick lace design.

Nike Free X Metcon 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom