NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

IMG_20200617_143707.jpg

Got the Wet Test Amp Metcon 5's. Just in case you didn't know because NDC does not say this at all, other than a slight hint with one of its pics, the upper will eventually wear down and reveal a red/orange color underneath. The heel clip also has a chrome finish that is hard to tell from the picture. Nike actually affixed a sticker to the heel of the shoe with that disclaimer of "with use, the chrome finish will eventually flake off" like they do on their chrome plates with football and soccer.

I really like em and the dual-density insole is very comfortable. Thinking about getting a pair of the React ones as well.

Just picked these up. Missed out on the initial NDC release waiting for them to go on sale. I never pay retail for my training shoes but caved and paid retail.
8E30293F-5685-4B15-9421-ADD20F6C3DB6.jpeg
6A63B9EA-BFD4-4CB7-8BBA-BC811272B608.jpeg

I like the 6...not necessarily in those colors but the upper looks mesh which might be more flexible and light weight.

metcons are moving backwards design wise imo. they leaked at the 4, now they just keep getting uglier and uglier. my current pair is beat. might have make the switch to nanos

not cosmetics but it seems the upper got the most focus and they made ti much more breathable and they tried to emphasize it most in the article

along with the upper, they also made a flyease version

1595962222962.png

im low key excited about the upper. If it is more flexible ill be in for a pair (on sale). My current every day workout shoe is the reebok nano 9. But i still have a pair of metcon 1s that i prefer to squat in over my nanos just do to how flat and "attached" to the ground i feel in them over my nanos.

upper is cool.. early feedback is its WAY lighter. Colorways do nothing for me so far.. to include the matcons.

I like that Mat Fraser CW. I don't see them at all on NDC but they have a FSR at Richards right now. Idk if I wanna drop $140 right off the bat tho....

MVIMG_20200901_142937.jpg
MVIMG_20200901_142953.jpg
MVIMG_20200901_143017.jpg
IMG_20200901_143113.jpg

These Fraser's are something else, tons of great detailing, the lace tips are metal, and they really are lighter than the previous edition. Even the box is dope; the tissue paper has his workouts listed on it.

Back
Top Bottom