NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

laugh.gif
 I like Khalipa. He worked out at my box several times and is a nice guy. He's just a company man with a company answer. Any Nike athlete would say the same thing.
I agree you support your team for sure. 

Don't you think Crossfit and Glassman love the competition though? Forcing Reebok (Adidas) to respond, get better, pay more?

Anyone notice Rich hasnt been in the Nano 5.0? I saw one video doing pullups but other than that its been 4.0 strictly. Not a good sign that your top guy is not pushing the new product. Maybe he is holding out for the PUMP... Frasier has been at his place a lot lately. You think Rich has tried out some metcons? 
wink.gif

That reminds me of this tweet from the other day. I lol'd
View media item 1628304

Hell... Geg Glassman said himself in his 60 Minutes interview that he wished Reebok would sell to a company more innovative willing to grow with CrossFit. Adidas owns them and has no plans to do it. When the 5 years left on the contract with Reebok is over I don't see CrossFit resigning with them.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/video/2V3s2ipVtqaIhDBTZ9TVxmx7ZvSz6RuW/king-of-crossfit/?nm

Last edited:
I agree you support your team for sure. 

Don't you think Crossfit and Glassman love the competition though? Forcing Reebok (Adidas) to respond, get better, pay more?

Anyone notice Rich hasnt been in the Nano 5.0? I saw one video doing pullups but other than that its been 4.0 strictly. Not a good sign that your top guy is not pushing the new product. Maybe he is holding out for the PUMP... Frasier has been at his place a lot lately. You think Rich has tried out some metcons? :wink:  

Rich barely wears his signature show as well. Mostly nano 4.0's. Which is a good shoe.. Just ugly as hell

My concern with these would be stability (if we are comparing them to Metcons) Sole looks too rounded to me. Good looking shoe though.
OH, I totally agree - your foot will be all over the place -- would not wear for any sort of barbell movements. I would rock these to the gym on a light day... Plus, if they are already on sale for women, they could be a cheap men's pickup

The ones on sale for women and the ones just posted aren't the same shoe. The one on NDC has been out for a while now. They both feature a free 1.0 sole but that is the only similarity and even they are different from each other.

Last edited:
Of course Reebok/Adidas is upset that Nike has decided to step into Crossfit. Competition is good for the end user and this means they can't just sit back and do what they feel is right or what they want to do. It is going to force them to innovate more products, sponsor more athletes and spend more on them, come up with new ways to help with the open, regionals & games, etc... It's going to be a lot more money and time for them and if they don't want to do something you know Nike will step up. The other end of that to though is with Nike stepping in and kind of "validating" the market it will probably lead to other companies jumping in too.  

I posted the 1.0 before and it was labeled a "training" shoe. Just posted by a soccer IG user i follow. I would def cop a men's 1.0. Would love them for deadlifts

That reminds me of this tweet from the other day. I lol'd
The model T was a great car. There from the beginning. Doesnt mean we should still be driving it.  I cant for the life of me understand why anyone who crossfits or HIIT wouldnt be thrilled that Nike is getting involved in the sport.  Reeboks technology is what nike made obsolete 30 years ago.  You want real, cutting edge techonology and materials, then reebok simply isnt going to get you there.  Hell reebok is a subsidiary.  Its not even its own company.

Back
Top Bottom