NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

All i want is the Grey and Volt ones, but can't find them in stock anywhere that isn't size 15. All i need is the 9.0s!

Also, Invictus needs to hurry up and ship!

So, games talk aside, what new CW's are we expecting in the coming weeks? Owed a pair from a friend at Nike and trying to get my order in before the end of the month when I see him again. Digging that 3m version. Was hoping to afford the orange ones, but just not in the budget currently :/

There was zero shade for the athletes to get in after they had completed there events while they were forced to wait out in the sun until the event was over. Yes, they handed out water bottles, but at the finish lines there should have been better preparation. Again this is only what I could see from the stands.
Excellent point, did anyone else see Sara Sigmundsdottir climb underneath that table after finishing Midline Madness?  She was doing anything she could to get some shade, poor planning for conditions.  

Ya, I saw that, but then they told her to get out from under there.
I had the opportunity to volunteer for the medical staff this year in regionals, but my work schedule didn't work with it. Maybe next year I can so I can pass some ideas on.

no one is talking about reebok having a fundamental flaw in its shoe that didnt allow the athletes to stick to the wall on the pegboard. is it possible if they were in metcons they would have not slid the the board as much? i know for sure if they were in vibram soles they would have walked right up that thing.

i could see lots of people blaming the poor quality shoe for not allowing the athletes to stick to the board

Excellent point, did anyone else see Sara Sigmundsdottir climb underneath that table after finishing Midline Madness?  She was doing anything she could to get some shade, poor planning for conditions.  

How many tents do you see at a sporting event?

Tents at a warning track on a baseball field? Tent on the sidelines during a football game?

The majority of athletes hit the tunnel right after the heat was done, there were big *** fans at every corner of the field for anyone on the field to use for cooling down. Matt Fraser hung out by one for a while after the soccer chipper.

Athletes need to deal with the conditions. Was it hot? Hell yeah it was hot, but I've worked football games in September where it's just as hot, and dudes are wearing helmets and pads.

The whining is becoming laughable at this point, all over the interwebz. Talking about changing venues, making it indoors, changing the dates of the event to a cooler time. :lol:

The funny thing is that it isn't coming from the athletes.

You have to deal with the hand you are dealt.

Nobody says to cancel the NFL or NCAA Footbal season because the season starts with extreme heat (September) and ends in extreme cold (December).

If people want CF to be taken seriously as a sport, you have to deal with anomalies... and injuries. Theres a difference between training and competition. In training, know your limits. In competition you push those limits, because if you don't someone else will.

You can't compare the conditions with Crossfit with those sports... #1 those players are acclimated to the weather come September due to training in those conditions all summer. Some of those athletes showed up to Cali a week before the games started. And #2 ain't nobody in football or baseball doing them grueling *** workouts where ur lucky if u don't get rhabdo... Multiple times a day.

i HEARD that they drop to the public in august......athletes have said only "20 were made" though....

this is huge. this will be my last pair.

thanks to the homies who broke down the AUS prices. but this pair is now my prime objective. must seek. will destroy non believers.

how can you beat a shoe you wouldn't compete against?! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom