Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Wow if that's the swingman I have LOW hopes for the authentics. I feel like they'll be thin material and thin stitching. The new authentics will probably look like the swingmans from 2003-2004, super light and not up to par with game jerseys.

Noticing that some jerseys have the double tag and some don't. The second tag seems to have a smartphone graphic on it indicating the NBA Connect feature. But wasn't it said that both swingman and authentic versions would include that feature? They def aren't replicas since Nike aren't making those. Maybe they'll have a (lower priced) version of both tiers without it idk

IMG_8944.PNG
IMG_8941.PNG

I wonder if the sizing will be the same as adidas and if there is the "+2" phenomenon. I'm an XL in every shirt I own by rock a L in the adidas swingman.

Y'all overreacting over a swingman :lol:

We don't have detail pictures but unless I'm blind, what's wrong with em? They look fine for a cheap jersey which is what they are

We don't have detail pictures but unless I'm blind, what's wrong with em? They look fine for a cheap jersey which is what they are
Yeah forreal. Except for that one dude with the dad bod in the tight cavs jersey, they all look ok.

Is that Mike jersey going to be a ridiculous price too like the Authentic? If so I'm out but does anyone know?

Noticing that some jerseys have the double tag and some don't. The second tag seems to have a smartphone graphic on it indicating the NBA Connect feature. But wasn't it said that both swingman and authentic versions would include that feature? They def aren't replicas since Nike aren't making those. Maybe they'll have a (lower priced) version of both tiers without it idk

IMG_8944.PNG
IMG_8941.PNG

I'm probably wrong but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those are stickers. Refuse to think Nike would put an extra and BIG tag like that just for the phone capabilities

I'm guessing some removed them while others didn't

But again I'm prob wrong but hoping I'm not because that looks stupid af

everything looks screen printed vs stitched. screen printing should be the lowest tier imo.

Spacing looks better, because on the old Nike swingmans and Adidas swingman jerseys, the team name would be too low. One problem though looks like the jerseys are cheap imitations... I mean the Cav's jersey doesn't even have the correct collar. They also look short, like t-shirt short. Saw another picture of the back of the jerseys and they do not have the proper cut and stitching on the back.

I think the beef so far is that that $110 isn't really the "cheap" jersey of the past. With the adidas deal, for $110 you got a good cut and stitching on the swingman. If you wanted a cheap jersey, you went "replica" with the wider cut and screen print for like $80 (I think, cant remember).

So to take out the cheap jersey (I know, I know, you can buy at fanatics, but it might not even have nike logo) and then make the middle-tier the cheap materials is bogus.

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they went back to the heavy mesh of the previous Nike deal in the past. Some of my jerseys from then are still so primo.

Authentic only. However, I'll fool with a swingman if stitched and heavily discounted on a player that I like but isn't a Laker.

I'm glad they are bringing the Jordan jersey back hopefully they do other colors as well. It's a damn shame that it's a screen print though for that price. If they are smart next year they will alter that. With that being said the authentics better be greatly different because swingman wise Adidas is winning right now in having the better quality product and most fans purchased the $60 replica as opposed to the swingman. I'm curious to see the sales after a year.

not sure why would anyone want a Jordan jersey with a swoosh on it? maybe thats just me.

Last edited:
Swingmans are indeed screenprinted..

Although it looks nice but wow

Idk, if you've seen the Nike NFL replica jerseys, they're cheaply screen printed and the materials are super thin, this is a huge step back imo. If Nike is asking $110 for screened jerseys, I'm not buying and we as consumers should not accept that since we were at least getting twill numbers and logos for that price before. Screened Champion jerseys and Adidas replicas were $50-$70 before.

Back
Top Bottom