Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

IMO Nike has been doing way too much with the uniforms. Once in a while a special jersey is cool, but they just produce way too many different versions. I kinda miss when it was much simpler with home, away, and alternate, and the occasional throwback. Also Nike not doing Christmas jerseys :smh:

This! This whole association icon thing is silly to me. Keep it simple

stop the city jerseys. Do the Christmas ones again.

This! This whole association icon thing is silly to me. Keep it simple

stop the city jerseys. Do the Christmas ones again.

yeah i agree with you guys and think less is more when it comes to the jerseys
there's just way too many jerseys and makes a rebranding of a team less exciting

i do see this being away to just make more merch for fans to purchase and for the league/teams to make money, but some of these new designs are straight up terrible (i.e. those knicks jerseys)

and 100% need christmas day jerseys brought back

yikes, raptors are underwhelming too. 3x with the black and gold LMAO. lakers have the best imo, there’s looks like a hwc joint, very clean and you’ll be able to get an authentic of it with a 17 patch.

YIKES at NYK's City Jersey :emoji_grimacing:

The PHX and SAS have the best ones so far.

Some changes that I think would've made them perfect to me.... Instead of the "The Valley" (of the Sun), they should've used "Phoenix" or even "PHX". The SAS would've been better if they used the Fiesta colors on the armhole and neckhole bands. For example, the left armhole band should be Turquoise, the neckhole band should be Pink and the right armhold should be Orange. That would've been dope, and I'm not even a Spurs fan lol
Respectfully, i think that they got both of them right.

I’m definitely scooping these up! Simple yet effective!

BBC69A6A-FB37-4110-B721-B56BA3663292.jpeg

I like the city jerseys since Dallas never plays on Christmas 😂 their last Christmas Day game was in 2011 against Miami. We got blown out by 40 points raising the banner. Talk about a sh*tty drive home.

sorry if posted

Attachments

• 5B8F629E-7A87-4C13-8610-0917EA4F7895.jpeg
    5B8F629E-7A87-4C13-8610-0917EA4F7895.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 4E6E0945-4633-42D9-8F97-F7B306CFC0FA.jpeg
    4E6E0945-4633-42D9-8F97-F7B306CFC0FA.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 308
That’s exactly what all these jerseys are. A money grab. And while it was a minor color in their 90s logo, light blue and red were in there team colors before. Not exactly colors that aren’t their own.

Last edited:
This is just blatant. But hey, it looks like it won't be going anywhere.

I remember back in early 1990's, the Bulls PR staff suggested the Bulls wear their road uniforms at home against the Knicks on Christmas Day, but the players shot that down.

I remember when alternate NBA uniforms came to fruition (94-95 season), there were some purist that did not like it, but thankfully they teams that adopted an alternate that season (Suns, Hornets, Magic), nailed it the first time.

Back
Top Bottom