Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I’d say no

There’s also no quality issues with the authentics

The swingman jerseys feel cheap and look too boxy for me

Word. I’ll prob snag one of each eventually. Thanks for heads up. I don’t wear enough to justify more than one authentic

An indication of the next and last jersey design for GSW?
7B42979B-AF5B-4A45-85D7-463E3698D761.jpeg

So given the quality issues on authentics, are swingman the real move here?

Depends on how rich you are and what you plan on using the jerseys for. If you're well off and you're going to frame the jerseys up, then go for the authentic. But if you just plan on wearing them, just go with the swingmans and use the extra $90 in savings on something else. Only NT and jersey collectors know the difference between swingmans and authentics. The remaining 98% of the world doesn't care.

Depends on how rich you are and what you plan on using the jerseys for. If you're well off and you're going to frame the jerseys up, then go for the authentic. But if you just plan on wearing them, just go with the swingmans and use the extra $90 in savings on something else. Only NT and jersey collectors know the difference between swingmans and authentics. The remaining 98% of the world doesn't care.
CAMBY.gif

yeah, I bought a swingman and am already looking for an authentic Kyrie, but the Celtics proshop blows :lol:

Has anyone copped the socks? Either Elites or Grips? Wondering how long the crew goes up your calf.

I had the OG Nike Elite Crews and I had to pull on them to get them halfway up my calf. Stance crews go 1/2 way up easily with some bunching too.

I hate short, crew socks.

Did I hurt your feelings? Don't be sad. When you're all grown up and have real responsibilities, you'll realize I was telling the truth.
:rofl:
You're a herb, man

So if you pay bills its dumb for you to want an authentic jersey over the replica, right? :lol:
I don't see what other responsibilities could possibly have any influence over someone wanting a good jersey vs. a great jersey

:rofl:
You're a herb, man

So if you pay bills its dumb for you to want an authentic jersey over the replica, right? :lol:
I don't see what other responsibilities could possibly have any influence over someone wanting a good jersey vs. a great jersey

Like I said, if you've got the money, then go for it. If not, just get the cheaper one. No one cares. I've been collecting jerseys since 2000. Got a bunch of authentics (Nike and Mitchell and Ness) in the closet. Switched to buying swingmans when Adidas jacked the price of their authentics to $300. Haven't noticed a difference.

Hint: Banks don't care if your jerseys are authentic or how many pairs of shoes you have in the closet when you're applying for a mortgage. But yeah, go ahead and call me an herb for living within my means. I don't really care.

Like I said, if you've got the money, then go for it. If not, just get the cheaper one. No one cares. I've been collecting jerseys since 2000. Got a bunch of authentics (Nike and Mitchell and Ness) in the closet. Switched to buying swingmans when Adidas jacked the price of their authentics to $300. Haven't noticed a difference.

Hint: Banks don't care if your jerseys are authentic or how many pairs of shoes you have in the closet when you're applying for a mortgage. But yeah, go ahead and call me an herb for living within my means. I don't really care.
I don’t know about you but I don’t buy or wear certain things to look cool to others or peak randoms interest in me or what I’m doing with my life

I wear authentic jerseys because I like them and want the closest thing I can possibly get to the stuff the players wear

But why bash others for buying what they like? I live within my mean and I’m still able to grab authentic jerseys.

Has anyone copped the socks? Either Elites or Grips? Wondering how long the crew goes up your calf.

I had the OG Nike Elite Crews and I had to pull on them to get them halfway up my calf. Stance crews go 1/2 way up easily with some bunching too.

I hate short, crew socks.
I wear a sz 9 and I rock the 6-8 size because I don’t like the super long socks. For me it hits right below the calf

I don’t know about you but I don’t buy or wear certain things to look cool to others or peak randoms interest in me or what I’m doing with my life

I was about to say the same thing. I know I like to buy authentic jerseys as I prefer the sticthed name/numbers. Really couldn't give one what other people think!

Back
Top Bottom