Nike needs to retro the Air Maxes from 1998-99

You and me both
nthat.gif

Deluxes are my favorite AM ever and that colorway is top 2 tied with grasshoppers.
not mine

BTW, everybody posting in this thread should be aware of this site - there's a bunch of shoes people are lusting available here - random sizes though.

The search feature sucks, so you pretty much have to keep clicking through the pages. It sucks at the beginning, but keep going through - there are like 20+ pages - good stuff will come!

http://www.deadstockoriginals.com/storename/deadstock/ViewDept-268808.aspx

Last edited:
BTW, everybody posting in this thread should be aware of this site - there's a bunch of shoes people are lusting available here - random sizes though.

The search feature sucks, so you pretty much have to keep clicking through the pages. It sucks at the beginning, but keep going through - there are like 20+ pages - good stuff will come!

Saw a lot of my childhood memories just clicking through those pages. Had quite a few of those shoes

Z7crS.gif

Ah man, blew up my spot. Well...not really because I haven't ordered from there yet but I've had a few pairs bookmarked. Got one on eBay for cheaper, there were still 3 I'm eyeing but i just saw my size is gone in one of them now.

One pair is pretty obscure and I'm sure 99% of NTers had never seen or heard of them but I've wanted them for YEARS. It's weird, I'm not even 100% sure why I like them so much, haha. Not that it'd influence me anyway but they were never popular, not sure I'd even seen anyone wearing them when they came out. I'll post pics if/when I get them.

I'd sent an e-mail to them a couple months ago because I had stumbled across the website and had a few general questions but never heard back. Made me a little skeptical but I'm sure it's a legit site...I hope.

I remeber back when i use to work at champs from 2001 - 2006, the air max plus would sit on the shelves forever. Even when the HOA came out nobody rushed to buy the Infareds, 93's, and the 180's.

Times have definitely changed. :smh:

Ah man, blew up my spot. Well...not really because I haven't ordered from there yet but I've had a few pairs bookmarked. Got one on eBay for cheaper, there were still 3 I'm eyeing but i just saw my size is gone in one of them now.

One pair is pretty obscure and I'm sure 99% of NTers had never seen or heard of them but I've wanted them for YEARS. It's weird, I'm not even 100% sure why I like them so much, haha. Not that it'd influence me anyway but they were never popular, not sure I'd even seen anyone wearing them when they came out. I'll post pics if/when I get them.

I'd sent an e-mail to them a couple months ago because I had stumbled across the website and had a few general questions but never heard back. Made me a little skeptical but I'm sure it's a legit site...I hope.

been shopping on this site and love it

here's some of mine amps

View media item 428384

View media item 428385

View media item 428386

It's legit. I've purchased from there in the past, though haven't made any purchases in years.

And, as far as blowing up the spot, they've had basically the same pairs in stock for literally YEARS at this point. Anybody who knew about this site had more than enough time to get anything they wanted hassle-free. ...I don't think this site is anything of a secret in the vintage community. And, your ebay point is a good one. That's the thing, you can get almost all of these pairs cheaper IF you can catch them popping up on ebay, etc. But, the thing is some of these things only pop up once a year or so, so if you miss it you are screwed. You pay a bit of a premium here (basically around original retail for most of these shoes) for the convenience and peace of mind - a fair tradeoff if you are just scooping 1 or 2 pairs.

It's legit. I've purchased from there in the past, though haven't made any purchases in years.

And, as far as blowing up the spot, they've had basically the same pairs in stock for literally YEARS at this point. Anybody who knew about this site had more than enough time to get anything they wanted hassle-free. ...I don't think this site is anything of a secret in the vintage community. And, your ebay point is a good one. That's the thing, you can get almost all of these pairs cheaper IF you can catch them popping up on ebay, etc. But, the thing is some of these things only pop up once a year or so, so if you miss it you are screwed. You pay a bit of a premium here (basically around original retail for most of these shoes) for the convenience and peace of mind - a fair tradeoff if you are just scooping 1 or 2 pairs.

I was kidding about blowing up "my" spot. Prices aren't bad at all, at least for the pairs in my size that I'd buy but I got lucky with the one pair I bought on eBay for about 30% less.

Thanks for letting me know its legit, I'll most likely order soon. I'd have to check my sent email but I'd had a few questions for them...I guess the OG boxes are included. Not sure what else I wanted to know at the time.

I did a search for some pics of these orange Air Max Pluses actually being worn...it seems this new release features weird laces: standard black Plus laces but with a yellow and red aglet.

Also appears to be some tiny text on the aglet but I don't know what it says.

Dunno if people would find this to be a deal-breaker. If it were me, I guess I could overlook it...

I'll write what it says later, but it's something to do with years of tuned air. They come with a plain black pair of laces too, so no worries on the deal breaker aspect.

my OG pair. nike definitely needs to bring these to Canada & the US. can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the euro site...yet.

To me, these were some of the best Air Maxes (and Nikes in general) ever released and I think they all came out in like a year & a half timeframe. Aside from the 1st ones, I don't think Nike retroed any of these, did they? Either way, it's about time. So many great colorways but I'm sure they'd get botched.
NO... These do not need to be retroed.  As a friend of mines dad said, they look like nurses shoes.

My first pair Air Max was the third picture. I remember trying to be a graffiti writer and wearing those with cargo pants back in the day. Good shoes

Back
Top Bottom