Nike Payaa

Pair just came in today and I'm loving them!

As stated before, TTS. It wouldn't hurt to go .5 up for wide feet, but I feel like these will stretch over time

Diggin' the bungee lace system, so I don't have to tie my shoes. Mesh conforms nicely to my feet. The contrast with a leather insole, pull tab and lace holes are also nice details. 

Definitely a solid comfortable light weight shoe for the price.. looking to cop more CWs
How is the sizing compared to Roshes? Should I get the same pair?

Also, how is the comfort? Close to an OG Roshe?

How is the sizing compared to Roshes? Should I get the same pair?

Also, how is the comfort? Close to an OG Roshe?
Never owned the OG Roshe, but you should be good with going the same size.

Someone stated previously in this thread that you could probably size down like you do in Roshes because of the mesh. I went with my TTS in Nike Runners (8.5 + slightly wide feet) and feel like I could still go half size down, but then I run the risk of my toes poking through the mesh too much.

They're pretty comfortable right out of the box. I don't know know about OG Roshe comfort, but I've been wearing Huaraches for the past few months and these are just as comfortable, if not more. Only thing left to test is how they hold up after a couple of wears for long periods of time.

Never owned the OG Roshe, but you should be good with going the same size.

Someone stated previously in this thread that you could probably size down like you do in Roshes because of the mesh. I went with my TTS in Nike Runners (8.5 + slightly wide feet) and feel like I could still go half size down, but then I run the risk of my toes poking through the mesh too much.

They're pretty comfortable right out of the box. I don't know know about OG Roshe comfort, but I've been wearing Huaraches for the past few months and these are just as comfortable, if not more. Only thing left to test is how they hold up after a couple of wears for long periods of time.
Nice. Yeah I have a pair of Air Huaraches as well and they are pretty comfortable. Is there a separate insole or is the insole part of the shoe?

Nice. Yeah I have a pair of Air Huaraches as well and they are pretty comfortable. Is there a separate insole or is the insole part of the shoe?

The leather insole can be removed with ease and there's even more padding underneath that is part of the shoe.

The only worry I have about the leather insole is that my feet might start to slide around later on. That hasn't happened, but it's definitely something to keep an eye out for in the future. However, I did notice my feet stuck to the insoles as I tried to take off the shoes. It's not a problem at all for me, but should be noted for those looking to wear these sockless.

Received both my 11.5 and 12. It was almost a tossup, but I decided on keeping the 12. 11.5 was doable, but was maybe just a little too snug. Length not as much an issue as the width. 

was on the fence with this shoe to begin with

got my pairs in today and not impressed to say the least

uglier when on feet and almost feminine looking

not even worth the mistaken $80 price tag

will be sending them back tomorrow

Last edited:
I received my pairs today ($80 price tag).  And I must say, I actually like them better in person and on foot compared to the images.  I find the red much more wearable than the lava on a daily basis...  Very comfortable (I prefer these to my FK Roshe's).  Also went .5 down, similar to what I would do in a Roshe, and the fit is perfect (snug but stable/supportive).

Last edited:
I keep going back to the product page just to look at the shoe lol

It just looks like a really well constructed shoe even though I'm still a bit skeptical about that midsole extending to the heel so much like that. I'm hoping it serves to provide more heel support that wouldn't exist if it wasn't so high. Hoping I won't be disappointed once they arrive in the mail.
The #payaa tag on IG only has bird's eye view shots so far.. I'm waiting for more angles.. preferably a side profile shot, but I like what I'm seeing so far.
They actually fixed the price for the $80 colorways about an hour or 2 after they launched and raised it to the correct price of $100.
They didnt fix the sticker price on the box...just got of chat with nike and they are refunding me the 20

Last edited:
Damn only up to 11-11.5 left and I need a 12. Really want the white ones :/

Were these limited? They seemed to have sold out pretty quickly for a typical NDC release. Anyone know if they'll restock?

Last edited:
Broke out my University Red pair during the last 3-days at Disneyland.  Very comfortable (greater than my Roshe's)...

Sorry to bump this thread after a few months, but anyone know if these can be found anywhere in the black colorway still? Tried locating them with the nike chat but no luck. Man, I should have picked these up back when they dropped, but with winter coming up I passed. Regrets all day.

Also anyone end up swapping in regular or rope laces? Wanted to do that if I got them, but I'm just not feeling any of the colors left on NDC.

Back
Top Bottom