Nike Penny 1/2 cent Vs Cody Harris Penny Hybrids

first of all GREAT thread. Put Head to Head Nike design team vs. BP the Owner . . .

this is a rare case, I like the 1/2 cents more that those penny III fusions.

I hope they put BP designs into consideration. He have major skills that a lot of sneaker fans would definitely get the cw he comes up. Hey BP, do you have anyour your own designs instead of changing cw? Thanks!

Originally Posted by jer23

i'm not sure if they've ever shown up on niketalk
roll.gif

Whoa.... seriously dope. Still gotta say that Nikes 1/2 cent is better. These should be the new Penny 3 remix though. Really nice.

I love the 1/2 Cents and purchased a pair. One of my favorite Nike/Jordan designs in years. The only hybrid that has worked for me.

But BP's designs are amazing and he is the first true designer that has produced designs as classic as original Nike/Jordan releases such as the Air Jordan1 thru 7 and classic Nike basketball releases.

I haven't witnessed such talent since Tinker Hatfield.

I'm certain we have only seen the emergence of Cody's limitless imagination, talents, and passion.

Nike is insane for not locking up a career with Cody... thrusting him into the best design schools... and exposing him to the best current, future, state ofthe art, design technology and tools.

You are amazing Cody, Thank You for sharing your art. I always looking forward to viewing it.

these are so much better than the half cents.. nike always does way too much.. could've made the half cent so much better.. but i like the sole of the shoewith the lil penny hologram and the back of the shoe

i like the 1/2's better only because bp's main feature on his hybrid was the penny 3-not a big fan. but still, bp did an amazing job

hey BP,
the reason I initially made the post was because i think your penny hybrid is Amazing AND so that someone at nike would see your renderings (if by some smallchance they haven't already) and look at their final version of the 1/2 cents and say 'we really let all the die hard posite fans down'

As a designer myself (chairs, not shoes) I've always thought the foamposite one was a shoe that nike could never top in terms of overall concept andexecution. when i heard they were going to be releasing a penny hybrid i thought maybe, just maybe this could be a shoe that comes close, but only if theydon't concern themselves with giving equal weight to all of the shoes the 1/2 cents are drawing from just for the sake of saying 'there's 1/4 thisand a 1/4 that' and so on. unfortunately, this is exactly what nike did and the 1/2 cent looks amazingly awkward and really quite ridiculous from themidpoint up where it looks like they had no idea how to transition from foamposite to penny II with a touch of III.
in short, the 1/2 cents look like a $100 shoe; yours look like a $200 shoe.

next, i'd like to see an original posite concept : )

Jeremiah

I should also note that i think the foamdomes were horribly executed...could have been great

Back
Top Bottom