Nike PG 5 - $110 - Out Now

The more colourways I see of these the more im feelin them clean simple shoe which im sure will perform like the early PGs.

Love that the pricepoint is still low despite his bad play nike signature shoes normaly would have risen in price by the 5th model.

Not sure why they bothered releasing an Xmas model of the 4s if hes been done with them nothing stops a shoe selling more than the athlete not wearing them not that theyve been selling b4 that.

Looks like some slime/splat style print on the front upper.
1608970543675.jpeg

Gotta say, I dig 'em! And I bet my knees and ankles and lower back would also dig that full length Air setup in those when hooping 🤔

Looks like an ornament on the tongue of the purple pair. Wonder what the theme is? Dope tho!

Dont think its an ornament It looks more like a water balloon which would play in with the splat like pattern.

The purple pair is called the LA drip and will release February 12. They say its blue but looks purple to me.

PG5

Pointed out by Jahronmon: compare the press releases of this and the WN4.

its can't be more than 5

Nike messed up with this entire line IMO

The line could’ve been great if we got some of the colors he got. His PE’s be fire. But they gave us generic TB flavors and he himself doesn’t really promote his shoe on social media or engage with his fans like that.

I was a big fan of the 1 and 2. But I realized what the jig was and got off.

Last edited:
The line could’ve been great if we got some of the colors he got. His PE’s be fire. But they have us generic TB flavors and he himself doesn’t really promote his shoe on social media or engage with his fans like that.

I was a big fan of the 1 and 2. But I realized what the joy was and got off.
I said back from the PG 1 that George isn’t a signature athlete. He was the backup plan because Harden left Nike for Adidas. If they do end up cancelling his signature line, they should get on a Ja Morant signature shoe as he’s a rising young star who’s very exciting to watch.

I agree about Ja Morant. He has the charisma and playing style that’s very enticing and marketable.

had James Harden stayed with Nike he def would’ve had PG’s spot. The dude (Tony Hardman) that designs PG’s shoes designed the Nike shoes that James Harden wore during his last season with Nike (Zoom Run The One and Zoom Hyperchase).

I don't think its not that PG isn't a signature athlete but he hasn't completely met our expectations as a player. If any of you all were into kicks back in the 90s there were plenty of signature kicks from tier 2 or 3 type players that weren't superstars but were all-star caliber players. We are spoiled with what MJ, Kobe, Lebron, KD, etc have accomplished on the court and in their sneaker lines.

PG has a solid and affordable line. The PG1 was epic for a debut shoe, the pg2 was dope, the pg3 was ehhh and the pg4 was good overall. All his shoe were good performers on court and the 1-2/2.5 were dope casually as well. I'm always hoping we go back to how it was in the 90s with many signature athletes from a variety off brands. That's just me doe...

Back
Top Bottom