Nike PG 5 - $110 - Out Now

I don’t think the React midsole will be enough because of durability. To keep costs the same, I think they should make the midsole a thin slab of React plus the Air Strobel thickness from the PG4. I think this would get it back to the PG4 comfort + impact protection without requiring higher cost (also considering the Phylon is pretty thin on the PG5 but still remained the same cost while offering less cushioning).

^
Yeah I was gonna say..........this is a downgrade from the 5 and 4. Its just react (and not that good react probably) without zoom or air strobel

More photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-155040_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-155040_Instagram.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot_20220107-155031_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-155031_Instagram.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 582
PG must've had a contract for a certain number of pairs and they're just giving him the whatever designs to coast into contract expiration:lol:

I don't absolutely hate these but they aren't great.

Player sig designs have fallen off a cliff the last couple years. They weren't exactly setting the world on fire anyway and now they are very uninspired and bland. No rollout, no build up. People just don't seem as interested as they used to in them so I guess they don't see any incentive anymore.

Last edited:
Nike basketball is def in the toilet. Players don’t care, Nike don’t care, so why should we?

Bring back commercials and press conferences.

Seems like T this point the signature athletes collect the check and keep it moving. At least Kobe Bryant have a damn about his product and actually tested it extensively.

When you think about it, depending on where you live, gyms might be closed and/or pickup games aren’t allowed (with all the pandemic stuff). People just don’t care about performance basketball shoes as much as they used to. I will say the tech in the Lebron 19s is great and innovative (I love them for hooping at least) but overall, sig lines just don’t have the appeal and awe-inspiring feelings for me anymore.

When you think about it, depending on where you live, gyms might be closed and/or pickup games aren’t allowed (with all the pandemic stuff). People just don’t care about performance basketball shoes as much as they used to. I will say the tech in the Lebron 19s is great and innovative (I love them for hooping at least) but overall, sig lines just don’t have the appeal and awe-inspiring feelings for me anymore.
I think the interest was mostly lost before the pandemic started.

Ehhh maybe but I feel like it was still interest around the time of the PG 3
The pandemic definitely had something to do with interest going down

Agreed. Though The pandemic def altered things but yes before March 2020, the masses abroad were “meh” for Nike Basketball products for off court purposes. Of course if you’re a athlete getting free

For many the golden age was 2008-2013. 2009-2012 specifically. Kobe IV-VI and LeBron 7-9 was the sweet spot. Whether you were hooping or not those kicks were something to be had. I used to rock Kobe kicks with casual clothing and got clowned for it. Now these same people years later we’re meat riding me hard trying to get a Protro pair

For me it all went to hell I would say 2016 until now.

Agreed. Though The pandemic def altered things but yes before March 2020, the masses abroad were “meh” for Nike Basketball products for off court purposes. Of course if you’re a athlete getting free

For many the golden age was 2008-2013. 2009-2012 specifically. Kobe IV-VI and LeBron 7-9 was the sweet spot. Whether you were hooping or not those kicks were something to be had. I used to rock Kobe kicks with casual clothing and got clowned for it. Now these same people years later we’re meat riding me hard trying to get a Protro pair

They definetly fell hard, I used to get excited about Nike basketball. Now the sigs dont do anything for me and they also got rid of the Hyperdunk line. I was browsing their site and they have a lot of these budget basketball shoes that no one wants and weak sigs. Im looking for a new pair of hoop shoes and Im so limited in options from NIke now.

2003 and the immediate couple of years after that year was the golden era (to me). Started with dope silhouettes that weren’t even sigs - Ultraflights, Ultraposites, Zoom Flight 2K3, Jet Flights, Shox, Huaraches, Hyperdunks, and then you throw in the Lebron and Kobe lines, man I miss that era.

Nike getting rid of Hyperdunks is a crime. Those were probably their most successful non-signature ball shoe of the 2010’s. You couldn’t go to the courts without seeing someone wearing a pair of the 2012’s.

For me it started to fall off in 2017. 2016 was the last year Nike did legit All Star packs, BHM, Christmas, and Easter collections. Then the NBA deal came and they got even more lazy.

Nike getting rid of Hyperdunks is a crime. Those were probably their most successful non-signature ball shoe of the 2010’s. You couldn’t go to the courts without seeing someone wearing a pair of the 2012’s.

For me it started to fall off in 2017. 2016 was the last year Nike did legit All Star packs, BHM, Christmas, and Easter collections. Then the NBA deal came and they got even more lazy.
Facts. The ‘08 hyperdunks are one of my favorite shoes all time for on court performance

Nike got all major professional sport contracts and was f**** it!

Back
Top Bottom