Nike Please Bring these Penny IVs back, and dont mess them up!

Wish they would bring them back. My buddy broke them out a lil while ago, i was staring at them for like 5 min. haha

1) Penny IV Retro was whored out.

2) Penny 2 Retro fell so short of retailer expectations that the Atlantics,
which according to some on Niketalk are a 'high demand colorway' didn't even get a GR

3) Penny 3 was on sale as soon as it dropped.

These factors don't bode well for future Penny IV releases.

I've two pairs of Penny IVs.

OGs, and the 'Ross special' black/carolina colorway. Forefoot cushioning is about non-existent,
and they fit half a size big, like something significant was removed.

Nike may well turn the Penny IV out again, but they'll insure themselves against the possibility of
poor retailer support, and will do so by cutting the corners on the shoe.

People need to realize;
1) The Penny IV probably won't be back for a long time.
2) The odds of it being anywhere close to the OG *IF* it comes back at all are slim.

pimp.gif
=

sick.gif
=

I agree with this. Please bring these back I've been looking for these Penny IV and can't seem to get my hands on a pair. Everytime I try looking for apair their either beat or not in my size. These shoes are hot. Nike please release...

Penny IV is one of my most favorite shoes to ball in. But, yeah... the latest Retro's don't feel the same as the 2001 Cool Grey's, and probably theOG's too (don't own any OG's).

Edit: Can anyone confirm if the Retro's even have Zoom Air in the forefoot or not?

I'd definitely love to see these come out, with some closer-to-OG treatment.

People should get past their emotional attachment to this shoe.

Nike have better ways to make money than to retro this shoe.

If it comes back, it comes back cheap, or not at all.

A couple of dozen people in a thread isn't going to translate into the shoe being retrod.

Quit daydreaming and go put some effort into finding OGs, because the Penny IV is effectively dead and buried.

Originally Posted by Mikeisoriginal

no lie i hate the penny 4 with a passion their so ugly and plain i swear

OGs don't score that well in comfort, looks, or performance.

black and blues , and suns are some of the nicer pennys in the line with the color blocking.

and ummm penny IVs are one of the BEST ball shoes i have ever played in , and form what people say its one of the better balling shoes
of all time.

Here's a concept drawing for the Penny IV

Barely the same shoe. It's like Nike weren't really behind the IV from the start.

So is someone going to chip and claim that Nike should put the above shoe into production because they feel they're entitled to it in someway, or because
it would somehow 'honor' Penny?

the OG colorways were certainly eye catching. i had the black/red/white. superb materials used, too. the leather was incredible!

Aren't these still sitting in an outlet somewhere? I remember outlets had these for dayyssssss and for something like 29.99. That's how I scooped allof mine.

Originally Posted by r00m112

Aren't these still sitting in an outlet somewhere? I remember outlets had these for dayyssssss and for something like 29.99. That's how I scooped all of mine.

i know for a fact they are still in outlets, i just saw them....the retros failed terribly.

last good colorway were the cool greys.

I'm sure if these were brought back in a limited release with the og materials used.. some of you guys would be all over this.. (aimed at the dudes who actlike these arent
pimp.gif
)..

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Nike Please Bring these Penny IVs back, and dont mess them up!
(Chir Rock) You have a better chance of winning the bronze medal in female gymnastics!
laugh.gif

These were dumped in the Air Trainer SC category with Nike -- Let's just make a crapload of colors with horrible materials and kill its legacy.

Out of all the Pennys, the IVs are most dear to my heart, especially the first colorway and the black Phoenix Suns "Footaction" exclusives.

But, from a mass public standpoint, Nike killed these.

I don't think these even made it on the half cents.
laugh.gif

agreed, im glad i have the retro white/black/blue colorway. wished i was able to get the suns colorway but i thought the jet flights were better so i got thoseinstead lol
mad.gif

Originally Posted by swingshot

Here's a concept drawing for the Penny IV

Barely the same shoe. It's like Nike weren't really behind the IV from the start.

So is someone going to chip and claim that Nike should put the above shoe into production because they feel they're entitled to it in someway, or because
it would somehow 'honor' Penny?

Those are dope.

Originally Posted by r00m112

Aren't these still sitting in an outlet somewhere? I remember outlets had these for dayyssssss and for something like 29.99. That's how I scooped all of mine.

yep jeffersonville just sold the last pair 4 weeks ago (i bought)for 19.99 i think it was a return. it was all black.

I use these for ball and these are one of best balling shoes ive ever used. U cant deny the ankle and lockdown support these shoes have. If they retro the IVsit needs to be just wht/royal and the black royal. If Nike is skeptical on how there going to sell then release them like how they did to the atlantic 2's.

Back
Top Bottom