Nike please retro Air Maestro (fab five)!!

maestros are the $@$@, scottie pippen rocked those well, distracted from his alien mug

Originally Posted by bpt1986

maestros are the $@$@, scottie pippen rocked those well, distracted from his alien mug

he's got a super hot wife though...also, watching that Fab Five special took me back to my childhood..

Yeah that fab five documentary was the $hit, I cracked up over Pat Sullivan from UNC....totally forgot about that dude.

I love when Jalen talked about how they went to a nike outlet when they were on Michigan and saw the shoes advertised as "fab fives"...I wonder which pair exactly it was that day and if the players would even know the names of the shoes they helped make iconic like we do if you asked them today...Thought I'd add a pic of the actual black colorway:

AirPIPMaestroSz10mainPic1.jpg

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

3new colorways coming out but I don't think the colors your looking for...

So that means NOT the black and white colorway. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

I love when Jalen talked about how they went to a nike outlet when they were on Michigan and saw the shoes advertised as "fab fives"...I wonder which pair exactly it was that day and if the players would even know the names of the shoes they helped make iconic like we do if you asked them today...Thought I'd add a pic of the actual black colorway:

AirPIPMaestroSz10mainPic1.jpg
thanks for the Pic, I haven't been able to find a good one of the Black and White's.

^^ no problem...after watching that flick I had to go grab them out of storage....everyone thinks about the air force max b or flight huaraches when they think of fab five, but at the time they were playing these were the coolest to me...of course that had a little to do with Scottie rocking them as well, as I was obsessed with the Bulls at the time too! they did release these a few years ago...
AirMaestroSz105mainPic.JPG

I don't know if this was their attempt at retroing these or not, but hopefully they will do it right soon...anyone know (have pics) if this was a true to original release of another air maestro that came out at one time or just an tweeked version of the one we are discussing?

^^ no problem...after watching that flick I had to go grab them out of storage....everyone thinks about the air force max b or flight huaraches when they think of fab five, but at the time they were playing these were the coolest to me...of course that had a little to do with Scottie rocking them as well, as I was obsessed with the Bulls at the time too! they did release these a few years ago...

I don't know if this was their attempt at retroing these or not, but hopefully they will do it right soon...anyone know (have pics) if this was a true to original release of another air maestro that came out at one time or just an tweeked version of the one we are discussing?
That picture is of the Air Maestro II... Pippen wore an all-red version in the '94 All-Star game.  Nike retroed those in 2005. 

The Air Maestro I is the one worn by the Fab 5 (and Pippen) in the '92-93 season... Way better than the II's in my opinion, and very deserving of a retro.  

Originally Posted by Hyalite

That picture is of the Air Maestro II... Pippen wore an all-red version in the '94 All-Star game.  Nike retroed those in 2005. 

The Air Maestro I is the one worn by the Fab 5 (and Pippen) in the '92-93 season... Way better than the II's in my opinion, and very deserving of a retro.  

I concur

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Originally Posted by Hyalite

I concur

I second that. I was disappointed when the Maestro II's came out over the Maestro I's, always felt like this shoe was very very clean, lightweight and comfortable.

I was assuming the Is would drop when the IIs did.

5 - 6 years later, still waiting.

But I'm assuming, after the ESPN special, a "FAB 5" pack will be released soon.

5 shoes they wore as a team = Bball Huaraches, These, Barkleys (again), Force V, and it'll be a toss up on other shoe.

Nike gonna make it do what it do, lol.

They gonna capitalize (aka exploit) now with the "NEW" awareness.

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

3new colorways coming out but I don't think the colors your looking for...

So that means NOT the black and white colorway. 
mad.gif
The shoe dropping is NOT an original style...it is a Franken-Maestro...ala Spiz'ike...

JM

I thought they were meastro II's but Nike didn't put that on the box....its almost like nike forgot about there even were I's themselves 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I was assuming the Is would drop when the IIs did.

5 - 6 years later, still waiting.

But I'm assuming, after the ESPN special, a "FAB 5" pack will be released soon.

5 shoes they wore as a team = Bball Huaraches, These, Barkleys (again), Force V, and it'll be a toss up on other shoe.

Nike gonna make it do what it do, lol.

They gonna capitalize (aka exploit) now with the "NEW" awareness.
That would be
pimp.gif

I'm sure well see em soon...vie heard cats talking bout the fab five that couldn't even name the fab five last week n I'm sure they would-be on a "fab five pack"

A Fab 5 pack would be interesting, but I doubt they would actually make a pack called the "Fab 5 Pack" considering how controversial that subject is with the NCAA right now. 

Hopefully Nike will give us the white/black cw or black/fire red cw.  These are awesome:

And the White/blue cw is nice too:
2czst95.jpg

Back
Top Bottom