Nike Retro Basketball? What do YOU want to see?

Yessir, nike basketball was so ill then...now we get a retro or 2 from that era and its not og colors or materials are off smh. Glad i still have most of my pairs from then
Its honestly just soooo sad. Wish I still had more pairs from than but I do have a couple

Loved these back in Jr High. Had a pair of the Black ones. Was a Flight Huarache takedown model but it wasn't much of a takedown since the Huarache Bootie was basically the same. Only missed the strap. So wish they brought them back.

Last edited:
Loved these back in Jr High. Had a pair of the Black ones. Was a Flight Huarache takedown model but it wasn't much of a takedown since the Huarache Bootie was basically the same. Only missed the strap. So wish they brought them back.

Had the joints posted (Not my pic though). One of my all time favorites.

Naw they weren't a takedown..it was nike re-using da same mold on a new upper (Barkleys, air strong)

Those would sell really good now along with da pippen dynamic flight.

It's amazing the Zoom BB hasn't dropped yet. The lows in decent CWs (not OG; OG colorways for this shoe were terrible) would sell like mad now that lows are in. Plus, they perform better than most shoes out there today.

It's amazing the Zoom BB hasn't dropped yet. The lows in decent CWs (not OG; OG colorways for this shoe were terrible) would sell like mad now that lows are in. Plus, they perform better than most shoes out there today.
I knew I wasn't the only one.

Maybe the GOAT Nike performance shoe to me, especially at $90 I believe.  I thought the OG colorways were okay, but I only liked the lows.  Black/red patent toe lows and of course the Nash PE's.  This was when HoH was just starting and they had Ben Gordon PE's, J Kidd and so on.  I still look for them on ebay to this day.

If they did the wack 08 Hyperdunks, maybe there is hope for the Zoom BB.  Just a no nonsense, comfortable performance shoe with no hype and no issues.

Saw a bunch of my wishes already posted but LeBron 4s esp the bday cw, the Real Flightposites, silver foam pros, zoom flight 2k3, the air Darwin, the Pippen 5, Penny 3, Ultraflights, and the first two VC Shoxs as well as the Shox BB4 are overdue for retros IMO.

I knew I wasn't the only one.

Maybe the GOAT Nike performance shoe to me, especially at $90 I believe.  I thought the OG colorways were okay, but I only liked the lows.  Black/red patent toe lows and of course the Nash PE's.  This was when HoH was just starting and they had Ben Gordon PE's, J Kidd and so on.  I still look for them on ebay to this day.

If they did the wack 08 Hyperdunks, maybe there is hope for the Zoom BB.  Just a no nonsense, comfortable performance shoe with no hype and no issues.
The part where you said " they perform better than most shoes today"

Is why nike will butcher them. If not it just makes their current top level product look trash.
Its why zoom 96s have no forefoot air in retros and why we will likely never see a proper air maestro retro.
Id still play in the hurache bball over the lebron 11, 12 or 13 even in garbage retro form.
I hate de tuned products bevause they sure dont detune the price

Lol perhaps if I double quoted I would have quoted the right person.
Whoops
tongue.gif
Haha I got you though.  You're right on.  They are far too stingy.

Most zoom air today doesn't even compare to the simple zoom of the Lebron II, Zoom Flight Turbine, Zoom 2K3 and so on.  I just played in the KD8's, a shoe that retails for $180 that has full length zoom, and it just doesn't feel the same as the old Turbines or 2K3's which used the max-volume zoom bags if I'm not mistaken.

It really is rare to see a shoe that feels the same underfoot.  Jordan's special "unlocked" zoom was pretty much the norm back in the day.  I detest these "low-profile" setups which is really their way of saying "cost cutting".

Haha I got you though.  You're right on.  They are far too stingy.

Most zoom air today doesn't even compare to the simple zoom of the Lebron II, Zoom Flight Turbine, Zoom 2K3 and so on.  I just played in the KD8's, a shoe that retails for $180 that has full length zoom, and it just doesn't feel the same as the old Turbines or 2K3's which used the max-volume zoom bags if I'm not mistaken.

It really is rare to see a shoe that feels the same underfoot.  Jordan's special "unlocked" zoom was pretty much the norm back in the day.  I detest these "low-profile" setups which is really their way of saying "cost cutting".

Truth. All of the performance reviews talking about rhe greatness of unlocked zoom crack me up. Imagine if they experienced double stacked zoom of the XVIII.

Since the Olympic Flight 96's are about to drop, all that remains for me are proper retros of Maestro 1's and Unlimiteds.

Since the Olympic Flight 96's are about to drop, all that remains for me are proper retros of Maestro 1's and Unlimiteds.

+1! Looks like we got our wish with the Unlimited! Now we REALLY need a few Of Colors of the original Maestro!!! Really want the Pippen Playoff/Michigan colorway!!!

Zoom BB

Jet Flights

Need those to try them for hoopin. Never had the Zoom BB, only the Zoom BB2 which were ugly compared to the originals. 

I d K why keeps retroing ****** performance kicks like the pippen 1, zoom 96 and 95 etc. bring back the ultra fights and the rest

Back
Top Bottom