Nike running, sensor, iphone etc. question???

I would like to start running again and the nike+ has gadgets that seem pretty motivating. But I am confused. Some sound like they need a sensor and some do not. What do I need if I were to purchase the nike lunarglide 4 or lunareclipse 2? I have the iphone 3GS and waiting for the iphone 5 if that ever comes out. What equipment do I need to keep track of my statistics? Thanks in advanced.

I may purchase the lunarglide 4.....I have seen this app, but it does not seem to need a nike+ready shoe. If the lunarglide 4 is nike+ ready shoe, what does that mean? I am confused with this nike technology stuff. Can someone explain?
With the nike+ app, you can use any shoe to run in because it uses the gps signal in your phone.

Any shoe with the "+" attached to it, like the lunarglide 4, is built with an insert under the sockliner of the shoe for a sensor. The sensor comes with the nike+ sportband because it does not have a gps chip built in.

Basically, unless you buy the sportband, you dont have to run in a nike+ shoe because all you need is a gps signal and the nike+ app. Or this.

With the nike+ app, you can use any shoe to run in because it uses the gps signal in your phone.
Any shoe with the "+" attached to it, like the lunarglide 4, is built with an insert under the sockliner of the shoe for a sensor. The sensor comes with the nike+ sportband because it does not have a gps chip built in.

Basically, unless you buy the sportband, you dont have to run in a nike+ shoe because all you need is a gps signal and the nike+ app. Or this.

Thanks, this was a huge help... I've been reading on apple, nike.com and other websites and I kept getting confused. Thanks again!!!

Do yourself a favor and skip the Nike+ stuff and get a Garmin. Much better quality and more accurate.

You do not need to use the sensor with Nike shoes. Sometimes I just place it in the upper part of my sock while wearing adidas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom