Nike S.O.D. unis ( specifically oregon's) (paging menoforegon??)

watching the k-state texas game, k-state has new SOD unis, they look a lot like ohio state's. Sorry no pics.

do the new SC uni's have like SC or Trojans on the shorts anywhere?

i looked on the USC and eastbay websites and they only show one side....

i think i might get the black pair..

yo , K-state is wearing s.o.d. uni's......im feeling them, and i could use a sweet pair of purple ball shorts... i hope they release them...

Part of the reason I believe the Names and the School was Blacked out WAS to put focus on the Player like someone mentioned above. This added to the style ofthe Uni.

The player the school and everyone else knew who's uniform it was, and blacking out the name shows its about the School.. not the person. Blacking out theschool shows it was about the TEAM not even the school.

I agree they could have been outlined though....

Can someone post Marylands Unis.. I havent seen em..

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Part of the reason I believe the Names and the School was Blacked out WAS to put focus on the Player like someone mentioned above. This added to the style of the Uni.

The player the school and everyone else knew who's uniform it was, and blacking out the name shows its about the School.. not the person. Blacking out the school shows it was about the TEAM not even the school.

Regardless of whether or not its about the team, the school, or the player... if you don't want the name to show, then don't even print it. Get ridof the nameplates all together. If you don't want the school name on there, drop that too. But to attempt to "make a statement" by blacking outboth... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it just seems so lame and contrived. And the resulting look isn't stylish, it's just bizarre.

^Bizarre is a very good way to put it. Aside from the fact that I think SOD looks ridiculously laughable, and if the "about the team" thing istrue(which I'm sure it is) it's mind numbingly cliched. The jerseys look cheap and have no discernible markings, so I don't understand why theywould do this from a marketing stand point, either. Judging by the response's, you won't be selling a large portion more to those who are up on theathletic world(e.g. nt'ers), you turn off die hard fans who would be buying any sort of jersey(but won't because he can't see the school name) andyou also turn off causal viewers who are attempting to watch the game, but can't see any player names.

That being said, I do like the striping on the insets of the green SOD's and the yellow insets themselves.

Here you go rockdeep....
5a515de073a6490df68a75a1ee41d95b35003ab.jpg
87235b77e4ae7ec7a046475901f830222664ea0.jpg
23e3549de15e7a72ae834fc8026fe4584930018.jpg
ac9157e472af430dbada2fccc239e506a16c5e0.jpg

Thanks for the pics andfattoo...

As for turning off the Hardcore Fans cause they can't see the names of the players, thats a lost argument seeing as how some of the most Elite Schoolsdon't have the names of their players on the back.

They were talking about the Uni's on Mike and Mike this morning, and they have discussed them on PTI but no one has mentioned the fact that the names werewritten with sequins.

I find this whole thing strange but clever and if UO had a good or great team this year, this might actually be something of note but as it stands its justOregon Bball doing something Oregon Fball has already done and better with less sequins.

I also just saw these on Eastbay.
17604812_z.jpg

17410487_z.jpg

I like the thought and style of the black on black but what person is going to pay $60 for what is essentially just a black on black nike short?

if there are more details to the shorts don't you think you should SHOW them and if they is not then see my previous sentence.

peace

Jonas

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

61b255ee6375da2c45a0fca9ec489a8f7bfab3a.jpg

SMH...white oregon dude looks like he's in a dress...

The folks at Uni-Watch have taken to calling the SOD style unis "Frocks for Jocks"

I wish they wouldn't have changed the UO hoops jerseys. The old ones were sick, especially the black. Glad I got a pair before they stop selling 'em.

Hopefully they will introduce a white SOD for Oregon, b/c those yellow ones were horrendous. First time a yellow UO jersey made me want to change the channel. Can't wait to see those green ones in action tho.

I had to order that black Oregon jersey - it's totally intriguing to me. The way people talk about it as an all time BAD jersey makes me want it as well.Grabbed the OJ Mayo USC as well - the cardinal colored one.

I love the SOD unis.

The jerseys are already released for retail, or at least they have the green, yellow, and all black authentica in the bookstore. No whites so far

I'm really liking the all black and yellow. I watch them play in the yellow ones. Miss the game with these black ones. Have they worn the green or CAMOcolor on eastbay? If so does anybody got pics of the game. When they get the baseball team started I bet they are going to have some crazy uni's!!

The Duck Store got all 3 sets of the new Uniforms I bought the Green and Yellow shorts, couldn't justify purchasing solid-black shorts for that much $,although I am a big fan of the black-out uni, it's definitely unique... No new whites set as far as I know..I just wish they didn't make them so big, Ihad to get smalls and they're still too long, way bigger than my Mediums in the previous style replica version. But yea, love the new gear...The grey (3Mor whatever it is) stripes on the sides of the Green and Yellow shorts is my favorite part.

I apologize for responding to this post so late. As I was "backtracking" a few pages, I realized I overlooked it.

According to the designer himself:

"I designed that uniform to be black on black like that for a couple reasons. First, to be polarizing and twist some heads. UO has a reputation for being game changing on the football field and we're going to start being more aggressive with basketball too. When you look at acollege game, there are 20k fans, cheerleaders, media, graphics on court and on your tv set... Basically a lot of visual noise. What I wanted to do wassilence that noise by being really quiet with the uniforms. Those solid black unis really stood out. A lot of people, said "WHAT?" I did'OREGON' in black and even our SWOOSH in black for swagger. You and other fans knew it was OREGON. Only they would be so crazy and bold to black outtheir names. And you know NIKE would be the same. Fans knew that was a Nike uniform, it didn't need a swoosh in yellow. Both of those ideas speak toconfidence. You know it was Oregon and you know it was Nike. That's what makes me laugh a little, when people complain that the OREGON NAME was blackedout... They all knew it was OREGON. The only contrast element was the number, and that was for the referee's purpose. And blackening out the player name(and even tonal on their green and yellow unis), is to pay homage to the front. It's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. That is the essence of college bball and what makes it so different and/or special compared to the pros.

That black stealth uni got a lot of people talking about Oregon hoop. That was the goal. Will we see it again? Not sure... But it stirred the pot a bit andwas irreverent. Just what Oregon likes to do. There will be more of that pop stirring, trust that.

They will receive a white uni and another black uni in the fall for next season. Both of which will have more team color included and some camo... They lookpretty hot in my opinion."

There is always a "method to our madness". The jerseys did their job.....to serve notice that it was the OREGON DUCKS on the court. It may have notbeen overly accepted, but it got publicity. And that always works in our favor. Who else would be that bold/different? So for those planning on purchasingthese unis, you'd better do it soon. It may not be available in the future.

P.S., Tinker did not design them.

Back
Top Bottom