Nike says high hype is killing the culture / Sneaker culture is “gentrified”

The irony. . .
All this recent talk. . . . . And Nike drops a big restock on the Nike app.

:rofl:

Yea & who directed the onslaught to Nike’s app? SOLE LINKS’ instagram!

Direction to reap n sow… guided access, word of mouth. :angry:

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate SOLE LINKS notifying me, I just don’t like that gentrified resellers got what I couldn’t. This hurt me this morning that I was broke from buying car tires & missing out on Patinas, shadow 2.0’s, Silver toe 1’s & what the V’s for retail. Only happiness I got is getting rust pink 3’s for lil sisters bday cause i seen how she said they’re sick.

But damn man JB when you gon plan a massive restock drop like this when I’m strapped with cash bro?

What is FLX? And why is it so trash?

If I can't cop on SNKRS i don't even try anymore.
Footlocker/Champs/Foot action(RIP) new loyalty rewards program.

I don't know how much better the old system was, but I've seen many comments/posts that you're not consistently winning with them unless you have 1 million points ($10,000 spent). Might require more in more competitive cities.

For me, it's not even worth the hassle trying to build up the FLX points, so resale works for me.

SNKRS is just back to what ndc always was on hyped/limited releases. The only difference is they do more limited releases than they used to and pairs that would have been in-store only regional releases get loaded on SNKRS just to tease people. Limited releases couldn’t be had by sitting in your couch and pressing a button 10 years ago; why should they be now?

met a bunch of people here on NT that i still keep in touch with. my kids have played with their kids. we meet up when we’re in each other’s area. there’s a group of us that chat on IG daily. text each other through hard times. check up on each other. that’s what has lasted long after the shoes that brought us together have crumbled. i’ll take those relationships over any SNKRS release.

met a bunch of people here on NT that i still keep in touch with. my kids have played with their kids. we meet up when we’re in each other’s area. there’s a group of us that chat on IG daily. text each other through hard times. check up on each other. that’s what has lasted long after the shoes that brought us together have crumbled. i’ll take those relationships over any SNKRS release.
Man this is beautiful. I love this aspect of the hobby and this forum.

Nike should sue all the resale sneaker shops if they really want to stop all this 🤷🏽‍♂️

Suing people you've done collabs with would be kind of wild.

I know they wasn't the first resell shop but RoundTwo definitely inspired and influenced the second wave of them that's everywhere now. Especially with the whole, Youtube + shop show combination.

I actually really loved the store when they first had their Richmond location, they actually used to give you fair prices too on trade ins. I haven't been to any other locations since they closed the RVA stores.

Got big in Richmond in a majority black city, then go to the rich affluent cities with your success and leave the place that got you there.

for the most part everyone I met from NT in real life are cool people's... except one was a big hater so I stopped talking to them

Nike just re-iterating everything we already knew, aside from the fact that it's their fault.

I knew it would never get back to what it used to be. And a lot of the older heads know, you get to a point where you just dont care. It always happens.

There's much more Nike needs to fix aside from their bottom line being hit from "sneaker culture gentrification". Their work culture, their labor practices, etc. etc. They really don't care. They just want to set up the next "phase" of Nike and have you all buy into it.

I think people are going the UA route more than other brands, because "hyped" New Balance aren't that easy to get. I think that segment often moves between Adidas, New Balance, Saucony, Asics.

I noticed even with Yeezy's, I see way too many Yeezy slides and foam runners for how hard they are to get and the resell price. I think a lot of people are like **** it, especially when resell on a Travis or another hype release is so high.

In NYC, I've peeped the hood gravitating to Pumas

Seen cats rocking asics/onitsukas too like dude at 2:06

Whatever Adidas Confirmed (their version of SNKRS) is doing Nike needs to take notes. Winning draw/raffles over there is way more frequent.

I was just watching recess earlier on Disney +. The black kid does look Vincent & the waitress @ the end reminded me of Ms. Growky lol.

Vince was that dude, this show looks stupid

Vince was that dude, this show looks stupid
The IG page you linked is gold :wow::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom