Nike SB "Concepts Lobster" Dunk

got to work today and there were already a bunch of cats waiting.. mostly out of towners... the line grew all day and itll prob keep doing so until saturdaymorn.

let me start this by saying.. 1- i am not a fan of dunks 2- i am not a fan of sbs 3- this has nothing to do with me working at concepts 4- i probably will noteven get myself a pair BUT...

the design and concept of this sneaker is off the hook. the promo was straight ridiculous.. we had dudes taking a break from working on new star wars/indianajones promo stuff to DO WORK on this release...

and
another release to show that word of mouth is more powerful than designs and innovation.

you are definitely entitled to your own opinion, but how is this not ridiculous to you? i dont even like gimmicks and concept stuff normally butthis is just over the top... with the wooden lobster cage/box to the extra laces coming in a butter container with labelled packaging, etc... i think dudes dida really good job.

ugly shoes...
sick.gif

^i agree. but everyone is entitled to n opinion. i live in boston too....too bad i dont like these or i would be all over these...but....new castles....
pimp.gif

i aint gonna front, i like these a lot. i like the whole concept from the gimmick to the shoe to the extra's that come packaged with it, it just sucks thatthis isnt releasing on the west coast (fisherman's wharf) where us Left coast folks can get a chance at these. First House of Hoops gets limited kicks, nowConcepts?

Originally Posted by airmaxlows

let me start this by saying.. 1- i am not a fan of dunks 2- i am not a fan of sbs 3- this has nothing to do with me working at concepts 4- i probably will not even get myself a pair BUT...

the design and concept of this sneaker is off the hook. the promo was straight ridiculous.. we had dudes taking a break from working on new star wars/indiana jones promo stuff to DO WORK on this release...

and
another release to show that word of mouth is more powerful than designs and innovation.
you are definitely entitled to your own opinion, but how is this not ridiculous to you? i dont even like gimmicks and concept stuff normally but this is just over the top... with the wooden lobster cage/box to the extra laces coming in a butter container with labelled packaging, etc... i think dudes did a really good job.

this is a very hot promo, i love the way it comes in that special edition box and all the extras but IMO it's all still a gimmick to sell a sneakerthat would have sold poorly had it been a straight GR. i could just be hating on the ugly shoes, i don't know but i am glad it is limited. i'm notgonna front....i would buy just the box
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RaNdZ4937

i aint gonna front, i like these a lot. i like the whole concept from the gimmick to the shoe to the extra's that come packaged with it, it just sucks that this isnt releasing on the west coast (fisherman's wharf) where us Left coast folks can get a chance at these. First House of Hoops gets limited kicks, now Concepts?

hey, stop complaining, you guys have had enough HufSF and NT SF exclusive releases to last forever so......

eek.gif
you gotta be kidding me about that line, it's only thursdaygeez.... didn;t know people in boston were crazy like that.....normally, i only see 1 night campouts, not 2

for those that cop, i hope you will remove that blue rubber band before you wear these right?...please don;t be trying to match to the rubber band

i didnt even bother checking that link because i know for a fact that the only pairs of these that have left the warehouse have been shipped to concepts asidefrom the samples floating around. either those are fake, or it is some sort of pre-order.

so, i just checked that link. those are not legit.. compared to the real sample pair we have, the red on the middle and toe portion is way off

Originally Posted by ucjb2

These will release in june across the country, this is just a special concepts only release. Dont worry to everyone who wants to pick them up in the regular sb box for $90 without all the extras.

Any confirmation on this?? I'm trying to take a break from JB
tired.gif
smh.gif
.. and I like these alot
smokin.gif

i mean even in a couple pics in a few of the links you just posted, the red on the mid part is different from the same place on the dunk in the photos onanother link... and
I can go to sleep peacefully now
grin.gif

got to work today and there were already a bunch of cats waiting.. mostly out of towners... the line grew all day and itll prob keep doing so until saturday morn.

Did that guy in the white T with long hair really bring extra pairs of shoes to change in while he waits for a shoe to release ...
roll.gif

Or is that 2 different people

Damn... these people are crazy camping out for two days and two nights!

That's some dedication right there
eek.gif

i swear i'm the only NTer that don't hate new SBs
laugh.gif

these are kinda sick, that packaging is the sellin point... which is what i think NSB was goin for...

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view/2008_05_30_Sneaker_geeks_camp_out_for_Nikes/

Sneaker geeks camp out for Nikes
Jay Fitzgerald By Jay Fitzgerald
Friday, May 30, 2008 - Updated 6h ago

Jay Fitzgerald has been a journalist and blogger for years. He's now the general economics reporter for the Boston Herald.

Like, cool Nike SB Concepts Lobster Dunk sneakers, dude.

A small army of sneakerheads has camped outside Harvard Square's Concepts footwear and fashion store to purchase a pair of specially made Nike"skateboard" sneakers that, to some, have become collectible items.

"It's a piece of history," said Chris Langer, a 16-year-old who on Wednesday drove up to Cambridge with his pals from New York for tomorrow'sbig sneaker sale.

Langer and friends were the first of dozens to camp outside Concepts - with the vigil starting Wednesday night - for the 11 a.m. unveiling tomorrow of theConcepts Lobster Dunk.

What's a Concepts Lobster Dunk?

Why, it's a sneaker "inspired by the seafood heritage of New England" and designed and produced via collaboration between the hip Concepts storeand Nike.

Nike often produces different styles of its Dunks - and the sneakers are much sought-after items for some consumers. The Concepts Lobster Dunk is just thelatest in the line - at $150 a pair.

"It gives you an excitement and a thrill to own a new pair," said Langer, who skipped school, despite the misgivings of his mom, in order to add tohis 100-pair collection of Nike SD Dunks.

Langer said he actually wears and uses the sneakers.

But others are known to just collect them, similar to how others might collect Hummels, Precious Moments dolls, baseball cards, stamps, coins, bottle caps,whatever.

There will be only 200 Concepts Lobster Dunks on sale tomorrow, exclusively at Concepts. The event will be catered by Boston's Legal Sea Foods.

The first 50 pairs will come in wood crates, designed by Boston's Creative Pilot Inc. Inside each crate, besides the sneakers, will be lobster bibs, forksand other items in keeping with the crustacean concept.
jfitz@bostonherald.com

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

got to work today and there were already a bunch of cats waiting.. mostly out of towners... the line grew all day and itll prob keep doing so until saturday morn.
Did that guy in the white T with long hair really bring extra pairs of shoes to change in while he waits for a shoe to release ...
roll.gif

Or is that 2 different people

Unless that guy is faster than a speeding bullet (or the time it takes to snap off 3 quick photos on a digital camera), those are 2 different people.

Back
Top Bottom