Nike sues Wal-Mart for ripping off shox

nike god

Banned
[h1][/h1]
[h1][/h1]
[h1]

Nike hits Wal-Mart with copycat suit[/h1] [h2]Apparel maker accuses world's largest retailer of selling shoes too close to patented Nike Shox.[/h2]
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Nike Inc. has sued Wal-Mart Stores Inc., alleging the giant retailer is selling shoes that infringe on Nike's patented designs.

Nike (NKE, Fortune 500) says in its complaint, filed Monday, that the Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) shoes too closely resemble its Nike Shox footwear. Those shoes have a spring-like device in the heel.

Nike wants the world's largest retailer to stop selling the shoes and seeks damages, according to the complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

Wal-Mart said it does not comment on pending litigation.

Nike does not sell its own product in Wal-Mart and has long argued that its brand would be devalued if sold in discount chains.

Wonder when they'll sue adidas for the A3

Johan Petro's PE's are on sale at Wally-World?
laugh.gif

shox_art_257_20081016125914.jpg

I guess it's Nike's turn ... last year Adidas sued WalMart for the same thing.

Now they need to go after fake shoes just as hard...as a matter of fact they should be suing the Brand Jordan Team for making fake looking Jordans as well....

Corporate confusion...they need to go after the real reason people are confusing nikes & J's with cheap shoes sold at wal mart....their own businesspractices!!!!!

as much as i hate to say it.....
but even Nike wont be able to beat Wal-Mart....Wal-Mart has the court system on lockdown.

What's interesting is that I thought that the Wal-Mart athletic shoes were made by Starter...and wasn't Starter (the new, cheap Starter - not the coolOG Starter) bought by Nike?

They can sue them all they want, but if WalMart isn't using the same Technology, they can use the look all they want. How many shoes at Payless look likeother shoes?

Did they sue Reebok for all those G Unit Look alike Jordans?

You are right above when you stated they need to focus on the stuff thats actually affecting their business. The Variant Makers... not WalMart.. They do notshare the same Target Audience.

Sad.

The Big Bad Machine always going after the easy one's.

Whats next.. Salons.. Elementary Schools

good point above. and if memory serves i think they did sue adidas and win. thats why adidas changed the design of their a3 shoes

So...does that mean that the overseas makers of fake Jays will sue JB for making shoes that resemble their fakes...?

ive seen them.. the shox part is terrible and doesnt even "spring".. what is nike doing here? it may look the same but quality wise, as with mostwalmart stuff, is beyond terrible

payless and wallmart always have ripoff looking shoes in there store. adiddas with an extra stripe or something
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nike God

Wonder when they'll sue adidas for the A3

I thought they already tried? Like it was said already though, they're just keeping themselves busy whilst avoiding going after those who are copying shoesoutright.

Back
Top Bottom