Nike to become official outfitter of the MLB

They need to put that Swingman logo on all Mariners stuff a la Jordan Brand with the Bobcats. I thought this would be a good move for UA, but Swoosh with that swoop :smokin

This is why no one will ever unseat Nike. Collect a royalty check but cut your manufacturing costs by outsourcing to Fanatics. Nike and Fanatics are going to take over the fan apparel world (if they haven't already.)

UA is in trouble. Big trouble. If they don't evolve soon they are going to be the next Reebok.

Hey man, Reebok was pretty big at one point and outfitting leagues

if UA is as big as they think and pretend to be, why would they have let that deal that coulda helped them grow and shown they could compete with the big dogs and finally dethrone majestic and outfit the mlb.

Down the line could’ve been good for them but not looking good for UA to literally leave the deal before starting it. Knew something was up when they pushed back actually starting the deal

Not to derail this initial thread topic but...

Reebok had great success early on and you can see the correlation between UA and Reebok. Both have (had) a premier player in basketball and a good following in football, baseball, etc. but like Reebok they never evolved especially in today's ever changing apparel market.

When UA signed this deal in 2016 they weren't in the financial problems they are in now. By the end of the 2016 was when UA first started to get in trouble. They are cutting this deal to reduce overhead and save them 50 million.

Poor Stance, this is the second time Nike has taken over a league and booted them out of the picture... first the NBA now the MLB lol

I wonder what that means when Fanatics is selling the retail versions. Does that mean Nike won't sell authentic MLB jerseys like how they sell the NFL & NBA jerseys to consumers?

I like Nike a lot but I still prefer traditional apparel companies making the authentic jerseys. Shoe companies always come with some so-called innovative crap which is realistically an aesthetic or stylistic gimmick.

I always thought MLB had the best jerseys in terms of looks and designs out of all the sports. And I'm a bigger NFL & NBA fan over MLB.

2AB3FDEC-2000-4A2F-81CF-54E96E11964E.png
I wonder what that means when Fanatics is selling the retail versions. Does that mean Nike won't sell authentic MLB jerseys like how they sell the NFL & NBA jerseys to consumers?

I like Nike a lot but I still prefer traditional apparel companies making the authentic jerseys. Shoe companies always come with some so-called innovative crap which is realistically an aesthetic or stylistic gimmick.

I always thought MLB had the best jerseys in terms of looks and designs out of all the sports. And I'm a bigger NFL & NBA fan over MLB.

It just means they can produce their own versions of jerseys, they’re usually cheaper than the official outfitters jerseys but share the same designs. Fantatics also does this with NBA jerseys.

Attachments

• 48024FDA-2808-4C70-831F-F53A293052E1.png
    48024FDA-2808-4C70-831F-F53A293052E1.png
    897.8 KB · Views: 5
Yeah stance NBA on court socks are wayyyyyy better than Nikes Elite/Power grip socks.

I’ve washed my stance socks dozens and dozens of times and they still hold their shape. Still look new actually. Not just that but fit and cushion is way better too.

Cleared out my Marshall’s when Nike took over and Stance NBA on courts can be had for $3 a pair

Sucks stance getting pushed out the MLB now too :lol:

And the padded NBA socks For Bare Feet finally put out a year or 2 before they lost the contract were even better than stance or Nike.

I kinda wish Thorlo made them just to see what they'd come up with.

I really hope Nike makes the lower tier replica jerseys and not just the authentics. I've had enough of this Fanatics monopoly crap, bad quality house brand products and charging 26.5% in fees to act as a customs broker. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom