Nike x Cactus Plant Flea Market | 2023 Nike Air Flea 2

CynthiaLuCPFMFRNDYLMRN.jpg

The fast rising label was founded by mysterious designer Cynthia Lu, who was a former intern for Complex and then later worked as Pharrell Williams’ assistant. As you can see, she took a page right off The Jeffersons and swiftly moved on up “to a deluxe apartment in the sky,” which, in her case, is inhabited by other streetwear giants.
Lu has done no interviews. As a matter of fact, fans had to get their Sherlock Holmes on just to figure out that she was the mastermind behind the booming brand. They started piecing the puzzle together after Pharrell gave her a shout out during his awe-inspiring acceptance speech for the CFDA Fashion Icon award in 2015. “So you see, I’m not a style icon. I’m just inspired—I am Other, and I’m ok with that. Someone’s gotta do it,” says a humble P. “And to my genius assistant Cactus, listen to your instincts and the people who see the qualities in your differences, because you too might just make a difference.

Last edited:
Cactus-Plant-Flea-Market-Nike-Blazer-By-You-Sponge-2.jpg

Cactus Plant Flea Market’s Nike Blazer By You Is Launching On August 27th

Easily the most adventurous and personalized Nike’s customization platform has been thus far, it’s fitting that it be helmed by the ever-eclectic Cactus Plant Flea Market, providing an extension to the many DIY stories they’ve told with each and every one of their Swoosh collaborations crafted prior. Dubbed playfully as “Sponge By You,” the set is one of wholehearted homage to skate culture framed within the constructions of the iconic Blazer silhouette. Deconstructed and unrefined intentionally, the pair boasts exposed padding at its ankle as if cut off forcefully by the skaters themselves. Options between loose knits, quilted fabrications, hairy fleece, and synthetics suedes can be outfitted atop the pair in mismatched order, with accents like eye stays, swooshes, and laces left in your hands to color independently. Wholly connected to their fun-loving ethos, the pair is a patchwork blanket or crocheted masterwork in sneaker form, creating a surprising asymmetry within a system that rarely allows for it. Grab a few looks at the pair and its options right below and expect the builder to go live on August 27th.

looks like these will be fully customizable online.. so does that mean everyone eats?

Last edited:
BE FAST, as someone who just got in on the heron Preston’s I suggest ordering ASAP and messing with colorways ASAP to find what you want. I’m ordering 2 or 3 pairs because of nikeid flaw rates as well hahaha

Did they release anything as far as pricing? Shouldn’t be too crazy with it being a Blazer. Def in on a pair for the fall.

I figured it would be around the $150 range. I’ll def scoop up a pair first day. I won’t go to crazy with the eye stay colors but I’ll def play with the materials and swooshes.

The Nike ID site be tripping... tried to ID the Levi yesterday and it kept getting stuck at the loading screen after I clicked “finished”

It’s prob gonna be even worse with this drop smh

BE FAST, as someone who just got in on the heron Preston’s I suggest ordering ASAP and messing with colorways ASAP to find what you want. I’m ordering 2 or 3 pairs because of nikeid flaw rates as well hahaha
I mean you should have at least an hour window of customizing and ordering I’d assume before the sell out — or no? :ohwell:

Hoping they drop at midnight , don’t want to be at work during the day trying to hurry and make them on my cell smh

Also how long did the herons/ Levi’s AF1 stay up?

Do I have a few hours , a day or what?

i think ill definitely be trying for these. Im already trying to think of the combos i wanna use. i might just throw some random colors on it to just be fast about it haha

Hoping they drop at midnight , don’t want to be at work during the day trying to hurry and make them on my cell smh

Also how long did the herons/ Levi’s AF1 stay up?

Do I have a few hours , a day or what?

That's what i'm thinking... I would say it's best to probably be on it as soon as possible. From the looks of the Levi x Nike ID madness they capped orders and folks started seeing 'sold out' within 3-4 hours in. Take into consideration that there were a few different models, but the first was marked sold out within that window. The Nigel Sylvester AF1s were said to be taken down during the first day after a few hours, and then brought back up the next day.

The only variable here is that both shoes are able to be customized -- so maybe they have increased possible materials for this run? We have no real way of knowing.

Super pumped for these. Don’t know if can do 2 completely different shoes though like all the ones that have been shown lol.

Probably use the same 3 colors but flip the swoosh /eye /laces and use different materials on each shoe

Super pumped for these. Don’t know if can do 2 completely different shoes though like all the ones that have been shown lol.

Probably use the same 3 colors but flip the swoosh /eye /laces and use different materials on each shoe

I have the same idea but with the goal of doing two unique pairs.
Nike will let you order two IDs on one account right?

So from every image I've seen the base shoe is the same (the tan panels of corduroy, sherpa, etc)... is the entire sneaker customizable (ie. every aspect and panel) or is the customization limited to the laces, eye stays, and swooshes?

So from every image I've seen the base shoe is the same (the tan panels of corduroy, sherpa, etc)... is the entire sneaker customizable (ie. every aspect and panel) or is the customization limited to the laces, eye stays, and swooshes?

The left and right panels are customizable (both shoes)
The left and right eyelets (both shoes)
Toecaps/tongues (both shoes)

Outer and inner swooshes seem to be customizable depending on material choice (both shoes)

Laces

All pairs seem to be tan colored uppers and midsoles — this doesn’t seem customizable.

The left and right panels are customizable (both shoes)
The left and right eyelets (both shoes)
Toecaps/tongues (both shoes)

Outer and inner swooshes seem to be customizable depending on material choice (both shoes)

Laces

All pairs seem to be tan colored uppers and midsoles — this doesn’t seem customizable.

Ok I assumed the base color was gonna stay the same across the board but glad to hear you can change up the panels... thanks so much for the info!

Back
Top Bottom