Nike x Eddie Cruz - Dunk High, LA Dodgers & USC Trojans

http://sneakernews.com/2009/04/26/nike-x-eddie-cruz-dunk-high-la-dodgers-usc-trojans/

Nike looks to be working with UNDFTD's Eddie Cruz again on a coupe of upcoming Dunk High's from an upcoming collection by Nike Sportswear. EddieCruz used a reptile material for both pair's of the Dunk's with one pair coming in a Blue, White, and Red colorway inspired by the Los Angeles Dodgersand the other in a Maroon Gold and White colorway inspired by the University of Southern California Trojans. Both pairs should be released in the upcomingmonths. Stay tuned for more information regarding this pack. via EddieCruz

nike-dunk-high-eddie-cruz-1-570x321.jpg
nike-dunk-high-eddie-cruz-2-570x321.jpg

wow...those both SUCK!!! but i'm not surprised after seeing the last couple of undftd collabs (ie some of the NB's and the reebok question).

is a c/w like this played out??? why not back to the basics with collabs? they always are so over the top in materials and colors. just because you CAN getcertain prints or colors doesnt mean you SHOULD.

simply too basic?
throwback-thursday-pe-kentucky-dunks-3.jpg

small hint of red off of a basic LE dunk colorway?
02b3541c40786f29ce76c708b597b8ef0771bed.jpg

from what i understand, nike doesn't just give people free rein when they do collabos..

sometimes there's a limited color palette to choose from (think nike id), and sometimes there's a featured material/pattern..

but yeah, i wouldn't have minded just the old school blocking above, maybe throw the patterned material on the swoosh if it absolutely needed to be used.

I would like the USC Dunk if it came with normal leather instead of a strawberry print like they have it...

Back
Top Bottom