Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna gun for the grey FoG 1s and those tear away pants. If I can’t get the pants then the SA joints in black.

^^
Wasn’t he talking about having to ship stuff out from Italy to ensure he was able to achieve the shape he was aiming for? I hear Italy and it explains the higher than normal MSRP.

They "remind" me a bit a bit (mostly the shape, collar, one piece), acknowledging these aren't a completely original idea either.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F08%2Fjohn-geiger-002-sneaker-release-details-1.jpg

Geiger 002

"So my challenge to Nike was ‘hey, I think your design lines are beautiful and the innovation is the best in the world, but I want to propose changing the shape of the sneaker and the silhouette of the sneaker. If we were to do this, I’d want to build it around my shape.’ If you get a chance to hold the shoe in your hand you’ll see that the design is all in the last, the shape and the silhouette of the shoe. The design lines can change but it’s that toe box that’s different; it’s the line from the top of your foot to the toe. That’s where my proposition comes into play."

Probably end up picking up the bone Skylon pair or going for a pair of the shoot around version. I like the Air FOG Bone color the best out of the collection but so does everybody else lol so I’m sure they’ll be the hardest to get with the highest resell. The Skylon or SA will be a safer bet for me.

The comments Jerry spoke about shape was so spot on. That is what kills me about Brand Jordan. If they would be more respectful of the OG shape I would be more excited about their products again.
This is why I’m not excited about the Concords. OG shape is far superior.

6A474A43-507F-4AF5-9C1E-F78CF0DF4793.png

Honestly from this angle and seeing a few shots and knowing they have double stack zoom units in the heel. This shoe will be a instant hit.

I like the shoot around model cause this shoe imo needs that nike swoosh branding.

A very futuristic looking shoe that reminds me of the air mags and when i 1st saw the air mags in back to the future.

Last edited:
Only reason anyone is ballng or skating in these is to flex, nothing practical about using these for athletics.

Full Length Zoom and Stacked Zoom in the heel seems pretty practical for basketball to me :nerd:.
TBH, that's how all Nike Basketball sneakers should be, but Nike play too much.

But ain't no regular folks gonna drop $400 for some sneakers to ball in. 99% of the people buying these are for lifestyle wear.

I need that black pair and the yellow pair floating around is nice also

Saw some pic where Jerry said those Yellow ones are Lakers player exclusives. Maybe we'll see Josh Hart rock them since he already played in the Black par. I really like those Yellow ones too.

Considering other FOG high top kicks are damn near $1000...$395 is surprisingly low IMO

The problem is that people who would spend anywhere near $1000 retail on something, sure as hell aren't paying those kinds of retail prices on Nike products since Nike doesn't have the aspiration allure of those retail price-points. Obviously, there are Nike products that command those pricepoints (i.e. Air Yeezys, O-W collection, etc. etc.) on the resale market but those are primarily driven by resellers and the hype they create and had relatively low retail pricepoints so they were able to drive up demand by the sheer number of people who tried to attain them. When Nike/JB flirted with high retail pricepoints with the Pinnacle series, we saw a lot of those products command little/no resell and hype and get marked down to outlets since they failed to create any hype around them.

Ridiculous price will still mean ridiculous sell out times. Limited or not.

But will probably be limited

They're going to limit this to build hype initially just like Adidas did with the $350 retail 750s in 2015. Likely, they will try and recoup the $500-$600k tooling costs by releasing a low top model that uses the same tooling but priced at a more accessible price-point and/or releasing more of these once hype is established.

They're going to limit this to build hype initially just like Adidas did with the $350 retail 750s in 2015. Likely, they will try and recoup the $500-$600k tooling costs by releasing a low top model that uses the same tooling but priced at a more accessible price-point and/or releasing more of these once hype is established.
Highly doubt that for this model considering it’s just a collab not a partnership like Kayne has with Adidas where it’s more long term. Imo this will be more like the R.T., Off-White (Mon Amour collection, not The Ten) , or Kim Jones collection for Nike-lab which will be more like a high fashion capsule collection. New collections may be added but not something that needs to keep re-releasing or making a more affordable low top version. Hype & Limited will be the purpose these serve.

FOH
I'd rather buy the fugazis than to spend that much
Reseller culture is ridiculously OD
Yeah that’s actually been up there for a few days now for the Bone color with no prices for the black pair yet if you look. People always have some ridiculous price on StockX before a shoe releases that no one pays any mind to lol example below
B4AD675F-6AEB-4F36-9C2A-9DE0A6E4ECAB.jpeg

Last edited:
This is why people shouldn’t take stockx serious. They aren’t a reference point for resale market since seller & stockx hyper inflates a shoe before release date.

If i cant get it i can’t get it. But no way im making the next man eat from my pockets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom