Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any word on a confirmed release date for the yellow FOG 1s?

Also as a side note from seeing recent mentions of the Union AJ1s: could someone kindly explain to me what the appeal for those shoes are? I've never actually held a pair in person, so I can't opine on quality, but they seem as if they are only coveted by virtue of being a collaboration and having limited numbers. Not a big fan of the color blocking; I'd venture to assume they wouldn't be selling for their current market rates if they weren't limited. Thoughts?
quality and colorways are fire. Even if they weren't as limited they would be sold out

Any word on a confirmed release date for the yellow FOG 1s?

Also as a side note from seeing recent mentions of the Union AJ1s: could someone kindly explain to me what the appeal for those shoes are? I've never actually held a pair in person, so I can't opine on quality, but they seem as if they are only coveted by virtue of being a collaboration and having limited numbers. Not a big fan of the color blocking; I'd venture to assume they wouldn't be selling for their current market rates if they weren't limited. Thoughts?
I own the Black Toe Unions, which is my favorite of the two, as the Storm Blue and white upper mixed w/ Blk/Red collar just is too much going on for me personally. They're cool though. But for me, I love my pair of Unions for a couple reason. 1, the use of the Neutral Grey collar is dope since that original pair has never ever retroed. 2, the Black Toe w/ Blk Tongue (the only Blk Toe I've ever wanted as I'm not a fan of the White tongue) was only ever a PE for MJ, so the fact that this pair used that unreleased upper is dope. 3, little details like the stitching, tag, aged trim of the leather and midsole, unfinished tongue, laces, and enlarged Wings logo, are unique/different but not too crazy IMO. 4, and lastly, the quality is pretty damn good. If they were as is, yet they made a million pairs, they'd still be a must for me personally. Hell, I'd prefer that, as it'd make doubling up or getting the blue pair at retail to complete the set a reality!

quality and colorways are fire. Even if they weren't as limited they would be sold out

I'll take your word on quality; but I respectfully disagree on the color blocking. Thanks for the input!

I own the Black Toe Unions, which is my favorite of the two, as the Storm Blue and white upper mixed w/ Blk/Red collar just is too much going on for me personally. They're cool though. But for me, I love my pair of Unions for a couple reason. 1, the use of the Neutral Grey collar is dope since that original pair has never ever retroed. 2, the Black Toe w/ Blk Tongue (the only Blk Toe I've ever wanted as I'm not a fan of the White tongue) was only ever a PE for MJ, so the fact that this pair used that unreleased upper is dope. 3, little details like the stitching, tag, aged trim of the leather and midsole, unfinished tongue, laces, and enlarged Wings logo, are unique/different but not too crazy IMO. 4, and lastly, the quality is pretty damn good. If they were as is, yet they made a million pairs, they'd still be a must for me personally. Hell, I'd prefer that, as it'd make doubling up or getting the blue pair at retail to complete the set a reality!

Appreciate the feedback; I can see how the small nods to the original and small detailing on the vintage effects/touches would be appealing. Those details are indeed atypical, but to me it just seems too fresh off the heels of this whole "deconstructed phenomenon" popularized by Off-white (which I'm also not a big fan of, quite frankly).

Definitely glad to hear that there are folks who legitimately enjoy the shoes for what they are though!

too bad the black toe unions aren't full black tongue

Appreciate the feedback; I can see how the small nods to the original and small detailing on the vintage effects/touches would be appealing. Those details are indeed atypical, but to me it just seems too fresh off the heels of this whole "deconstructed phenomenon" popularized by Off-white (which I'm also not a big fan of, quite frankly).

Definitely glad to hear that there are folks who legitimately enjoy the shoes for what they are though!
I feel it. I’m also not a fan of the OW 1s, as a lot of the deconstructed details aren’t my thing. The only such aesthetics on the Unions are (on my particular colorway pair) the blue stitching across the upper, yellow UN/LA tag, and unfinished tongue. These are pretty subtle/minimal IMO. Details like writing all over the side panels, midsole, and laces, zip ties hanging off the shoes, tongue tags stitched to the side of the tongue, the muslin overlay around the heel, materials, and oversized stitched on swoosh don’t look right to me personally. I’m a fan of the Unions “two older, yet completely finished pairs, stitched together” look, as opposed to the OWs “taken completely apart, reassembled almost inside out, and marked up with production info" look. To each his or her own, but that's why I gravitate towards the Unions.

too bad the black toe unions aren't full black tongue
On those, I think having the entire tongue black might look weird. Hopefully one day we'll get a true, Black Toe 1 in PE form like MJ rocked.

But what I also want is for Nike to drop a blacked out FOG 1.

Blue ones are whack, but the red..man.

My bot wore em the other day, havent really seen them in the wild, and booyyy are they nice.

I may be one of the few that genuinely loves the Storm Blues. The colors go together so perfectly. Especially with the yellow laces.

The Black Toes are dope but not nearly as nice as the Storm Blues. I had both the 2013 and 2016 Black Toe 1s and ended up selling them. Also, I hate that they used the Netrual Greys for the upper collar, theyre one of my least favorite of the OG 1 colorways. Having a black toe bottom and neutral grey collar looks jarring to me.

For those with the skylons, how do you clean the Felt material on the toeguard? Thanks.

This collaboration is definitely cooling down quite a bit. I still love the look of the 1 though, they really need to drop a new colorway.

How can a collaboration or shoe be fire and then garbage within 2-3 months? That's the attention span of the "culture" these days I guess. Virgil set the bar too high at 10 shoes releasing at once lol.

The 1 has the DNA to be something special. I’m not sure what has made the “hype” drop off....good for those who actually like the few colorways we have gotten. Unless you really like the F&F colorway best.

I doubt the price of the 1s will really go up. I think nike hasnt really handled this collab well at all especially from a marketing standpoint. Feels like it's an Adidas collab almost with the way they handle things

The 1 has the DNA to be something special. I’m not sure what has made the “hype” drop off....good for those who actually like the few colorways we have gotten. Unless you really like the F&F colorway best.
I don’t think hype has died off. I think it comes down to more frustration and knowing you have close to zero chance of getting them.

Back
Top Bottom