Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still don’t get why Nike is making them (FoG 1) so hard to obtain. I get exclusivity brings hype but it is not working for FoG. Nike FoG hype is nothing when you compare it to Travis Scott, Ye, or Off White.

Last edited:
I still don’t get why Nike is making them (FoG 1) so hard to obtain. I get exclusivity brings hype but it is lent working for FoG. Nike FoG hype is nothing when you compare it to Travis Scott, Ye, or Off White.
FOG brings a different demographic of sneaker and fashion enthusiasts

FOG brings a different demographic of sneaker and fashion enthusiasts
Does it though? Would honestly like to know how you think they differ from the Off-White collab per say.

but seriously...we have been saying this. They put raids out in ok numbers and they still sold out. Nike sunk a lot into this shoe.It is it’s own model. Not a collab or rework. It’sa brand new silhouette. They paid for a new mold and everything. Let the people have at least a shot at these please.

Does it though? Would honestly like to know how you think they differ from the Off-White collab per say.

but seriously...we have been saying this. They put raids out in ok numbers and they still sold out. Nike sunk a lot into this shoe.It is it’s own model. Not a collab or rework. It’sa brand new silhouette. They paid for a new mold and everything. Let the people have at least a shot at these please.

Maybe they'll go the Yeezy way. I mean, I'm not into them but IIRC V2's firstly were very hard to get, now almost everyone gets their pair and second hand prices are low.

TBH, I feel like if another color of the Raids came out they would sit now. I think the first Raid release was riding on the FoG1 hype where many people think it would have a similar resale as the FoG1.

Making a shoe as expensive as the FOG 1 too wide of a release is risky because it could sit and that's bad for the "optics" of hyped stuff. I think Nike's strategy is probably to have the different silhouettes at lower price points be more accessible and keep some hype/prestige associated with the FOG 1.

Great points. I think there is something to be said about the shoe itself too, being that its so high cut and isn't being seen as an every day type shoe. It seems yeezy 350 V2 had the game plan to eventually make it a staple shoe. But obviously all of my complaints come from not being able to cop a pair at retail. For me there are only a handful of shoes that have released in the last few years that have really wowed me and this is up there (with acronym presto's, sacai waffles, Travis 1s, 700 waves). But I think if nike dropped these...they would sell out
nike-fear-of-god-raid-release-date.jpg

Nike’s execution is poor because they released FoG shoes in very small numbers trying to create hype; problem being 80% (if not more) of people don’t even know FoG let alone Jerry Lorenzo. That hype plus exclusivity really only works long term when you have a person who is a household name.

This conversation always happens with limited shoes. When people miss out its frustrating.... :ohwell:

I can attest to that, but at the same time, this is apart of Nike's strategy. They and many other brands know, if something is not as accessible to the consumer, it is more coveted.

No way a $300 + shoe does well commercially without some type of incentive. (Ex: Limited, Resale Value, Quality Etc)

I personally think the lack of "hype" some of you are referring too correlates with the wearability of the shoe. I don't think the average person finds this shoe easy to wear, has the appropriate wardrobe to complement it well or feel they are versatile enough for them to wear all the time & spend $ on it. Because of that, less after market purchases are made, which results in resellers not wanting to deal with this shoe either.

I also thought 7 colors of the FOG 1 in one calendar year & the spin-offs was too much for this line, but I do understand why they did it.

I think if it mimicked Travis/Kanye release scheduling, it could have assisted with the "hype" yall care about.

EX: Yeezy 1 2009, Yeezy 2 2012.
Travis 4 - June 2018, Travis 1 - May 2019, Travis 1 Low - July 2019, Travis 6- Oct 2019 (All different models/colors)

Imagine if they dropped 7 colors of the AJ4 from June 2018 to June 2019. :rofl:
The allure would definitely be diluted for that shoe as well.

PO

Last edited:
I know its basically conjecture but it seems like way more people hit on travis 1's, 4s, 6s then FOG 1s. Even Sacai's seemed to have a lot of hits for some NTers. This model has seemed so scarcely produced its laughable honestly.
But a lot of good reasons/rationale in here. I low key love these conversations to see what nike may be thinking or what their model really is when it comes to hype creation and sneaker culture. They obviously have some smart people at the helm who demand control of supply...hence jerry saying he has no say in when and how many release. And prob same for nike cutting ties with kanye when he demanded control of everything in the yeezy line

I think there is a such thing as too limited like where people feel like the shoes aren’t even attainable so why waste energy thinking about it?

Totally agree tho that it’s not for everyone anyway tho like a Jordan is.

man do i make the drive up
Make the drive only if you plan on staying over night and even after that unless your in the top 5 you have a slim chance. Because come opening all the hood goons start showing up and try cutting. I’m a big dude and don’t mind scraping but most people in line arent so they end up being azzed out.

I was at the black FoG 1 release where they were reported to have upwards of 80 pairs and they ended up only selling less than 20 if that.

What is atmosphere cus all I’m finding are restaurants.

Dude above is right tho. Goons always show up at hype releases...even for bone raids people tried to cut. There was a dude in line tho ready to body people tho so the goons backed off.

What is atmosphere cus all I’m finding are restaurants.

Dude above is right tho. Goons always show up at hype releases...even for bone raids people tried to cut. There was a dude in line tho ready to body people tho so the goons backed off.

atmosphere is a temporary FOG space/store

Back
Top Bottom