Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And here we go....Nike coming HARD in 2018!

More info soon I hope!

slack-imgs.jpg

Rumored release info - @Pyrates - 1/16/18
DTrrs9uXcAA1_nB.jpg

Last edited:
I’m in I’m curious to see what Jerry can offer with Nike I liked his vans collabs and I wonder if he can top it with Nike

I'm all for it if it's a lightning rod for hype and people keep their hands off other releases.

My prediction for the designs is - overbranding, zippers and added straps.

This whole Adidas is better than Nike and vice versa stuff is tiring as hell since both companies are basically the same thing, objectively speaking - a huge sportswear company.
Also some third party coming in and collaborating with a brand has not a lot to do with the brand itself or am I mistaken?

Lol, I think most of the stuff looks ridiculous but I'm a boring guy in a fashion sense.
Why does the brand have so much buzz in the first place? Is the owner another one of Kanyes friends?

Lol, I think most of the stuff looks ridiculous but I'm a boring guy in a fashion sense.
Why does the brand have so much buzz in the first place? Is the owner another one of Kanyes friends?

Bingo. Jerry Lorenzo is indeed a friend of Kanye. He had the whole Kardashian klan and other socialites rocking it early on.

The brand had a spark when it started but now its just GARBAGE, imo. Jerry will never be able to top what he did with the 4th collection. The 5th (current) collection is 90% trash and there's a reason why most of it is rotting on shelves compared to the instant sellouts of previous collections

Lol, being friends or associated with Kanye is how you start a succesful business in streetwear today.

I just looked up the clothes you talked about and a lot of it looks how Grunge bands dressed in the 90s but with weirder fits, lol. Not my thing but I could see why people like the clothes. Most of the shoes from the collaborations however were just overbranded and loaded with unnecessary details. Why does a slip-on need a strap?

You can easily differentiate clothing & sneakers. I can’t wear any off white clothing as I’m short and most of it is too baggy, same with FOG and the Yeezy line. Just doesn’t work for me or my style.

I stick to the sneakers, because those usually do. Wasn’t a fan of any of Jerry’s Vans, can’t wait to see leaks of what he can do on a Nike silhouette.

i wear mostly rick owens so i am biased but i am just burnt on nike, they are on par with apple as far as arrogance - "give the people what we want". they throw about a bunch of crap color ways and lousy money-grab collabs now without much regard for taste or style

Nike and Adidas aren't all that different in the way they promote their stuff. Arguing a whole brand being better is kind of stupid since there are a lot of Adidas shoes better than Nike shoes and a lot of Nike shoes better than Adidas shoes in some regards.

i'm referring more to trajectory and direction of the companies. nike's clothing is objectively better in fit, function, etc. but adidas is inproving all the time. nike has had 80+ % share since 1989 a slip was inevitable

Bingo. Jerry Lorenzo is indeed a friend of Kanye. He had the whole Kardashian klan and other socialites rocking it early on.

The brand had a spark when it started but now its just GARBAGE, imo. Jerry will never be able to top what he did with the 4th collection. The 5th (current) collection is 90% trash and there's a reason why most of it is rotting on shelves compared to the instant sellouts of previous collections

Trash no, the design itself at first glance isnt worth the price it commands. Track pants for $995 when many companies do the same for under $100. The fit and quality of Fear is unmatched though, it just feels like a more solid piece. Once you examine the piece you can see the proportions which make the piece different than your average grey hoodie or whatever. Im a fan of how they fit, but as with most luxury brands its not for everyone.

Was never a HUGE fan of the Vans collab, curious what he can do with Nike but im keeping my expectations low. I dont think it will be on the same level of “wow” as Virgil’s work with Nike.

Trash no, the design itself at first glance isnt worth the price it commands. Track pants for $995 when many companies do the same for under $100. The fit and quality of Fear is unmatched though, it just feels like a more solid piece. Once you examine the piece you can see the proportions which make the piece different than your average grey hoodie or whatever. Im a fan of how they fit, but as with most luxury brands its not for everyone.

Was never a HUGE fan of the Vans collab, curious what he can do with Nike but im keeping my expectations low. I dont think it will be on the same level of “wow” as Virgil’s work with Nike.

I'm saying majority of the 5th Collection is trash. The b-ball sneakers, the $300 fitteds, the mesh shirts, the jackets with the big old 'Fear of God' logos plastered on them. FoG used to have minimalist appeal with little to no use of logos. The track pants are whatever to me. I know they're the bestselling item out of the collection but them things look skin tight which ain't my steez

Dunno, hoping to be pleasantly surprised but not expecting it. The person that posted on page one about the fear of God's designs being stuff already executed by Rick Owens is spot on IMO.

I'm expecting straps and lots of branding too but hoping it's something better.

Back
Top Bottom