Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Overblown, IMO.

I haven't had any such issues w/ my black pair.
I think the fact that there have been multiple instances where the zipper has malfunctioned is what he's referring to. At least with Nike, you could send back and complain about the zipper breaking off or getting stuck. Buy resell and have that problem, I doubt goat/stockx/stadium goods will be as accommodating. Even for the first dude that had the issue got DM'd by Jerry about the issue. I don't think jerry is trying to get in everyone's DMs now. He probably just did that to the first guy because it was the first known occurrence.

Was able to grab the FOG Essential Cargos for $30. Again, sz. M. I know some of ya'll we're grabbing stuff from the Pacsun sale, so this is what they look like. On another note, second day wearing Bones. Expect these things to get filty. If you like your kicks looking pristine, these are gonna be challenging.

photo 5.jpg

Not to start this convo up again, but one could say the same about you choosing to drop whatever on gym shoes. It's a slippery slope you playin on my g.
yea, but most kicks don't RETAIL for that much. yeah, resale. so when we getting into it, is there some special fabric or material used (i wasn't a part of the og convo/debate so i wasn't aware). usually, your shoe is the centerpiece of your fit, not so much just plain cargos. so again, i was trying to understand why they cost so much. again, nikes/jordan rarely retail at $3-400 so i don't really see where the slippery part of the slope is...

:nerd:

yea, but most kicks don't RETAIL for that much. yeah, resale. so when we getting into it, is there some special fabric or material used (i wasn't a part of the og convo/debate so i wasn't aware). usually, your shoe is the centerpiece of your fit, not so much just plain cargos. so again, i was trying to understand why they cost so much. again, nikes/jordan rarely retail at $3-400 so i don't really see where the slippery part of the slope is...

:nerd:

Slippery slope as in there's no real way to determine a cut off for when a reasonable price becomes ridiculous or unjustifiable for a clothing item. But to answer your question, John Elliott as a brand is known for making elevated high quality basics. And honestly looking at a lot of the stuff they make through online photos doesn't do it justice because like you already mentioned, most times the higher price point comes down to material, fit, quality of construction, where it was made, etc. For example, these cargo pants are japanese poplin, and constructed in Japan. Not a 1:1 comparison, but look at Visvim. A lot of their clothes are even more expensive, but it's mostly because the designer makes no compromises on his decisions to use a certain material or thread something a certain way, etc. You can really nerd out about stuff like that if you're into it OR you can say f it, whatever Zara or H&M makes is good enough

Was able to grab the FOG Essential Cargos for $30. Again, sz. M. I know some of ya'll we're grabbing stuff from the Pacsun sale, so this is what they look like. On another note, second day wearing Bones. Expect these things to get filty. If you like your kicks looking pristine, these are gonna be challenging.

photo 5.jpg
My order for those cargos got cancelled. Sucks cuz I dig the fit and $30 was definitely a steal.

As someone who works high end retail, there is absolutely nothing wrong with HM denim. Shirts, yes they funky, sweaters are funky but denim is fine. Those average mall brands have decent enough quality. Obviously high end brands have better quality but the difference isnt as much as you think.

You really are paying for the name more than anything. JE is so overrated, their stuff isnt as great quality as everyone makes it out nor are their fits and designs. Its like NT’s favorite minimalistic brand though so it gets a pass on everything. :lol:

I used to wear HM, Zara, etc before I could afford better so I'm not judging but now that I know better and have better I don't even bother stepping foot in those places. This whole convo is like trying to explain to somebody why Outback is not the same as going to Peter Luger's :lol:

doesnt wear H&m denim

but wears pac sun fog essentials on clearance

How many times I gotta keep saying that price has no bearings on how I make my decisions when it come to clothes and shoes my g? LOL...If something is $30 and I like it, I buy it...if it's $700 and I like it, I buy it. I continue to encourage everybody in here to do the same. And technically, I still didn't step foot in Pacsun :rofl:

There was another discussion like this in the Union thread & my sentiments are the same here. NT, for the most part, is NOT a forum where people will see value in paying any money for clothing. As long as they have some nice shoes, they will wear it with anything.

The allure for me with HE clothing is not the brand, but more so the fit/materials/quality/unique measurements that an item may provide. I think those characteristics are important to looking good, just like in the professional world a tailored suit is a must.

One can spend $700 on FOG1 & another on $400 cargos. The opposite will never understand the other, but they aren't supposed too, because at the end of the day we all value & enjoy things differently.

PO

Anyways, without you all in the thread, there is NO chance in hell I could tell the upper is suede on the BONE 1's instead of Leather.
I mean look at SG's picture. :rofl:

I was very surprised to see that post and that price on their platform. Congrats to all who purchased! :nthat:

But coming to that realization made me realize that the general maintenance required to keeping that pair look pristine is not something I want to be responsible for in comparison to the black color, so I don't have plans on acquiring both colors now.

If it was leather, i might have decided differently.... :ohwell:

PO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.32.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.32.41 PM.png
    241 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom