Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

That's not so easy in Toronto. There are basically two places that drop hyped Off-White shoes. Haven and Livestock. And if they do backdoor pairs, they've been taken for years with older connections. But I've heard they've really cracked down because a few retailers lost their hyped kick privileges for doing the same thing. No real FCFS anymore in-store either. All we have is two in-store/online raffles for Off-White. Hell, we have an Off-White store in the city and they don't even pick up their phones because they don't release anything outside of the horrible 2.0 Cons and they don't want to keep telling people they're not dropping Nikes.
Oh yea I get that it's not easy. Honestly I've never gone out looking for a plug. That just feels wrong. I've just made friends with people in the sneaker community locally and some of them happen to work at stores. They are friends that look out bc they know I will wear anything I get. That's all. I didnt just walk in one day asking for some help from a stranger. I just think too many people sit behind a cpu and complain they cant get pairs instead of going the old school route of making real life friends.

On the topic of making connections in stores, ya gotta be going there consistently and not just for the hype drops. Go cop a GR and have general conversations with these people. If they ****ing with you, they’ll eventually hold you down on a release. NYC dudes, it’s quiet regardless. :lol:
Exactly! It's more about being regular and making friends than hunting a plug.

Oh yea I get that it's not easy. Honestly I've never gone out looking for a plug. That just feels wrong. I've just made friends with people in the sneaker community locally and some of them happen to work at stores. They are friends that look out bc they know I will wear anything I get. That's all. I didnt just walk in one day asking for some help from a stranger. I just think too many people sit behind a cpu and complain they cant get pairs instead of going the old school route of making real life friends.

New idea - Tinder but for sneakerheads who want plugs. I'll call it, SolePlug. *Patent Pending*

I just don’t get how nice or social or even likeable of a person you have to be to get a dude who’s working at a shoe store for minimum to give you an easily 600+ worth shoe for retail.

Like do you guys hear yourselves... that **** ain’t happening. I have to even question if you ever been to any of the nyc spots. Kith/Mercer/extra butter/supreme all have the loud as hell loop guys outside them already greasing their hands. And you’re telling me buying them an extra beer would give you the “item”, that’s jokes to me

I’ll let you live your truth tho

I just don’t get how nice or social or even likeable of a person you have to be to get a dude who’s working at a shoe store for minimum to give you an easily 600+ worth shoe for retail.

Like do you guys hear yourselves... that **** ain’t happening. I have to even question if you ever been to any of the nyc spots. Kith/Mercer/extra butter/supreme all have the loud as hell loop guys outside them already greasing their hands. And you’re telling me buying them an extra beer would give you the “item”, that’s jokes to me

I've been plugged "600+" shoes at retail by Kith employees, Packer employees. Theres other members in here who have plugs at SNS, extra butter, etc.

Which is why at the end of my post I said it’s quiet for NYC heads regardless.

You really think that Kith manager isnt looking out for his friends? Not the skeeze that's obviously looking for a hookup to flip, but his real friends. The guys he watches the ballgame with. The guy he asks for help when his car breaks down. I'd never force a friendship bc they can plug me but I've made several good friends at stores bc we have similar interests. In fact I'm still friends with several even though they took new jobs outside the industry.

You really think that Kith manager isnt looking out for his friends? Not the skeeze that's obviously looking for a hookup to flip, but his real friends. The guys he watches the ballgame with. The guy he asks for help when his car breaks down. I'd never force a friendship bc they can plug me but I've made several good friends at stores bc we have similar interests. In fact I'm still friends with several even though they took new jobs outside the industry.

i'm friends with several folks that were in the shoe industry. it really was they could make more money hooking up resellers, but helped me when i needed because we were long time friends. not everyone motivated by money especially when they already have money or they have foundation of being boys.

If you’re not just showing up constantly with your hand out people will take care of you... My local shop will give me anything I ask for because I buy from them regularly and not just hyped stuff... I also try to look out for them however I can... Those types on connections don’t happen over night and might not be easy to make but they do exist...

i will say one thing... the paper raffle and camping sucked for those who weren't plugged

but...

the switch to all digital has really made it a case of secret groups apps monitors and bots. in a way the sneaker world is soulless even the younger generation doesn't see it as a passion but a lottery

with stock x and goat

this has become all just buy with bot... never open box swap labels and ship to stock x for money wash rinse repeat....

its crazy i used to say i'm the only person i see with rare kicks or walking around in them.... like do people wear their shoes.... nope mostly flip and you can tell if it isnt a quick money maker now in days it sits as people who want to wear slowly eat up the stock.

2018 sneakers is soulless bots, sell and keep it moving..

you can tell with Nike talk this site used to be so much about stories jokes and such....... now its just resell and being secretive about info and talking about bots and secret groups peoples are in.... though the age demographics have changed in hype threads.. air max and jordan 1 thread (barring hype release) and foam thread still have their OG followings.

Whatever happened to being personable to be personable regardless if you getting anything out of it or not. If it happens cool if not that's cool too. Too many people do things for the wrong reason. Whatever happened to just being a good person loo

the sneaker world is full of savages also as soon as your nice to people they think you want their clout.... or aka ride their coat tails cause they average 50 likes on ig lmao

There are definitely a handful of people in here who get taken care of from places like Kith, etc. I know who some of them are. They also keep their mouth shut about it and have been doing it for many years, can't hate on them for it.

RSVP Gallery here in Chi would love to backdoor me pairs of Off White's....at Stock X prices. They've thrown it at me numerous times. Otherwise they offer 1 "RAFFLE TICKET" for every $40 worth of merchandise i buy. (lol)

If you're newer to the sneaker world (before 2013-2014), it will be very very hard for you to get to that level of being in the right circles. Also, a lot of people in here are in smaller markets with maybe ONE store that could get some of the Off-White's. That leaves very little opportunity to create those "real life connections" you deem so important.

On a side note, people love to ***** in this thread about missing out on every sneaker but refuse to shell out $25-$50 a month for a monitor that will increase their chances HEAVILY. Sometimes the information alone is worth the cost of being in one of those groups.

IMO I rather do some one a favor and try to get a shoe they like then actually making few dollars cuhz in the long run you can make a friend gain trust and you never know they can help you more in the long run than thoses few dollars a few people decided to get but now every one is after thoses few dollars

There are definitely a handful of people in here who get taken care of from places like Kith, etc. I know who some of them are. They also keep their mouth shut about it and have been doing it for many years, can't hate on them for it.

RSVP Gallery here in Chi would love to backdoor me pairs of Off White's....at Stock X prices. They've thrown it at me numerous times. Otherwise they offer 1 "RAFFLE TICKET" for every $40 worth of merchandise i buy. (lol)

If you're newer to the sneaker world (before 2013-2014), it will be very very hard for you to get to that level of being in the right circles. Also, a lot of people in here are in smaller markets with maybe ONE store that could get some of the Off-White's. That leaves very little opportunity to create those "real life connections" you deem so important.

On a side note, people love to ***** in this thread about missing out on every sneaker but refuse to shell out $25-$50 a month for a monitor that will increase their chances HEAVILY. Sometimes the information alone is worth the cost of being in one of those groups.

nah i'm not paying 50 a month for chance to buy anything and information isnt' worth 50 a month......

that's a whole cable bill for the opportunity to give someone my money

a lot of the people who strike out probably don't have that kind of money.... lots of folks are younger and really dont have dedicated money to drop 50 a month for info on one shoe they really want.

i mean i as i get older i realized its a young mans game. i rather pay resell and keep it moving i have over 80 pairs i down size a couple and keep it moving with a resell pair..

when i was younger i thought resell guys were chumps. now i make more im like whelp i dont have time and i want it here yah go

before you say balk at 50 a month but pay resell. like i said i dont have time and i buy a lot less shoes... the subscription would probably be wasted

nah i'm not paying 50 a month for chance to buy anything and information isnt' worth 50 a month......

that's a whole cable bill for the opportunity to give someone my money

a lot of the people who strike out probably don't have that kind of money.... lots of folks are younger and really dont have dedicated money to drop 50 a month for info on one shoe they really want.

i mean i as i get older i realized its a young mans game. i rather pay resell and keep it moving i have over 80 pairs i down size a couple and keep it moving with a resell pair..

when i was younger i thought resell guys were chumps. now i make more im like whelp i dont have time and i want it here yah go

before you say balk at 50 a month but pay resell. like i said i dont have time and i buy a lot less shoes... the subscription would probably be wasted

Ehhh, what you don't realize is the opportunities when stuff restocks that you don't care about. Easy to flip to pay for your $50 a month fee plus whatever sneakers you want. It baffles me that if you have a lifestyle/job where you're infront of a computer all day why someone wouldn't do it.

To each their own.

So this is where all the people from the yeezy thread are at
383274483726680064.png

Back
Top Bottom