Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Those Black AM97s are growing on me. Esp after seeing that pic from the other member that bought both from SX. Think I’m going to need them along with the Mentas....but will wait and see if there will be a wider release before pulling the trigger. Set needs to be completed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like vapormax and 97 both have similar aesthetics slim, smooth, detail on them both is fire, plus they have some subtle flex/pop to them

I’m still waiting for mine(black97s). Definitely getting those mentas but not at the price point it’s at right now

EDC03DBB-D63C-455A-9195-6E166A7E5467.jpeg

No way :lol:
Great photoshop job if fake

97s or vapormax - clear that the 97 has the upper hand on durability and longevity right?

I know the shoes are real from the event but the fact that FC would even accept them is whats crazy

The OG Vapormax looks better than any of the AM97s IMO... I think Virgil needs to start utilizing the textile colour blocking like the SW 97s. Or even the AM90s. It is all preference though. I personally love the stitched swoosh on the VMs (and Prestos, 90s, Zoomflys, ect). It just feels more like a deconstructed shoe whereas I feel the 97s are the most like their GR counter parts. But both are beautiful and you can't really go wrong either way. Except for the all white Vapormaxes.

The OG Vapormax looks better than any of the AM97s IMO... I think Virgil needs to start utilizing the textile colour blocking like the SW 97s. Or even the AM90s. It is all preference though. I personally love the stitched swoosh on the VMs (and Prestos, 90s, Zoomflys, ect). It just feels more like a deconstructed shoe whereas I feel the 97s are the most like their GR counter parts. But both are beautiful and you can't really go wrong either way. Except for the all white Vapormaxes.

don't forget tho ...the 2 original themes were "ghosting" & "revealing" ...so we're talking 2 totally different design concepts also ...the deconstructed look was never put on the 97's as it was part of the revealing pairs. would've been dope to see the pairs reversed the 2nd time around though ...all the revealing ones as ghosting & vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom