Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

why do yall go for other sizes other than your own? Not directed towards anybody specifically. I mean I can see getting another size when you're out of options for your size. But I don't get it when you can choose the size you want to win/purchase and still pick another and then asking to sell/swap it for your size.

think for most they do go for their size then it’s OOS and they go back for whatever they can in hopes of the sell/swap for their own size

why do yall go for other sizes other than your own? Not directed towards anybody specifically. I mean I can see getting another size when you're out of options for your size. But I don't get it when you can choose the size you want to win/purchase and still pick another and then asking to sell/swap it for your size.
I feel yah I got screwed snkrs since i guess they stopped making men’s 13 and up for womans pairs, and went for the biggest size I wear a 14 men’s. I have some size 13 4’s and Jordan 1’s. My chi 1’s I have sz 13 and 14 I wear my 13 it’s not to bad. I even have a 12.5 in some air maxes.

i know any high quality jordan are very true to size. So know way I cannot finess a men’s 12.5 soles removed and everything and get away with it.

I'm surprised these are going for $1500. UNC AJ1 was going for $800-1000 release day and I felt those were harder for most people to cop. Even the presto from the first OW drop, currently selling for $2k+ were hovering in the $1k range For awhile before they started climbing. I expected the same for these.

different times, people now seeing what OW jordans can do in the long run and the crazy price people are willing to pay. Not to mention, a Womens only release usually yields a much higher price in the bigger sizes because we know JB/Nike produces much less of the bigger sizes for womens sneakers than the same size in mens for mens sneakers.

That and people being home, the first stimulus, the second anticipated stimulus and these new fees from StockX for example have all driven the market up.

It’s crazy most of the recent releases are so limited too that it is making the resell prices ridiculous too ... chunky dunkys, ts dunks, these ow 4 all starting well over 1k I don’t think it’s ever been this bad... like you said most hyped releases the worst they typically got around launch was $6-$700 the last Couple years...

now you can’t touch **** with $700 lol..... I gotta retire I’ve spent so much money during quarantine consolidating and copping grails before they are completely out of my price range and I’ve spent money I never dreamed of spending on one pair smh but that’s on me

It used to be 1 or 2 shoes a year that would fetch above $1k now it’s every other release. They don’t even make that many good obtainable pairs anymore to make up for all the hyped releases, it’s just back to back limited drops.

Admittedly I haven’t researched it much, but the designs on high end sneakers are unappealing. The one I like is those Diors that look like Chucks, but that’s about it. I’m open minded so if you want to share any of your favorites I’d love to check them out.

So while I understand that the quality of them blows Jordan’s away, the designs on Jordan’s AND their history (MJ’s on-court accomplishment wearing them) makes them more appealing to me.

Admittedly I haven’t researched it much, but the designs on high end sneakers are unappealing. The one I like is those Diors that look like Chucks, but that’s about it. I’m open minded so if you want to share any of your favorites I’d love to check them out.

So while I understand that the quality of them blows Jordan’s away, the designs on Jordan’s AND their history (MJ’s on-court accomplishment wearing them) makes them more appealing to me.

LV trainers that are designed after the 3s don’t look bad in my opinion

It used to be 1 or 2 shoes a year that would fetch above $1k now it’s every other release. They don’t even make that many good obtainable pairs anymore to make up for all the hyped releases, it’s just back to back limited drops.

It’s like diamonds. One seller controls all the market hence price adjusting. Compare that to shoes being botted. plus the fact most shops are still closed or not doing much in person stuff. Means bots are taking more pairs. Which means the control most of the market.

prices go up cause the whole oh undercutting will come doesn’t happen as much. fam most of the pairs are coming from people who can sell one pair at 1-1.2 k then pay for the rest of their botted pairs and the market stays high. Others follow suit.

It’s to the point the lower ballers already delt their hands. Some more will mid to late next week and then the bulk sellers will control the market. I don’t think they will go the satin route.

If resell for Jordan's creeps into the thousands I'm going to continue to take my money to LV and Dior. At least I know when I walk into the store they'll have inventory and the champagne is complimentary.

If that’s ur car in ur avi resell doesn’t matter to you.

5CEC7D08-47B5-4D18-937E-8CFC97BFCD65.jpeg

Best OW Nike, on par with the Chi 1’s.

It is.. And it does.. For me it's the principle. The prices are being artificially driven up and it annoys me to no end.

I feel yah nice whip btw. I get it you could buy it but it’s the idea lol. I only pay resell using money I made off other shoes or just by how much I really want them. If I miss on a regular Jordan I just move on Chances are I probably have that color in my closet. I was mad I missed on the sail ispa’s my order got cancelled. Went and just paid resell. It wasn’t much over retail tho.

also SVD is becoming trash now.

I feel yah nice whip btw. I get it you could buy it but it’s the idea lol. I only pay resell using money I made off other shoes or just by how much I really want them. If I miss on a regular Jordan I just move on Chances are I probably have that color in my closet. I was mad I missed on the sail ispa’s my order got cancelled. Went and just paid resell. It wasn’t much over retail tho.

also SVD is becoming trash now.

And this is my point. If you want to buy some sneakers and have the money to buy sneakers you should be able to buy them. One shouldn't have to go through so many steps to buy a sneaker. This practice isn't limited to the sneaker market either. It's just annoying.

Below are some of my favorites at the moment. Got the photos off of stockx.

Attachments

• img01-4.jpg
    img01-4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 20
  • img01-3.jpg
    img01-3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 15
  • img01-2.jpg
    img01-2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • Louis-Vuitton-Trainer-High-Top-Grey.jpg
    Louis-Vuitton-Trainer-High-Top-Grey.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
  • img01.jpg
    img01.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Dior-B23-Low-Top-Daniel-Asham-Newspaper.jpg
    Dior-B23-Low-Top-Daniel-Asham-Newspaper.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 289
Kith dont raffle anymore. Wonder if their stock goes straight to SX. :lol:

Called them out on it in the IG post. They stopped doing raffles after the Syracuse and Kentucky Dunk Low. Retail has been open in NYC for over a month now. They put a couple online, if that, under the cloak of legitimacy and seed the rest to their VIP clientele and employees.

They do it to sell. 7-9 are the money sizes right now due to the demand in Asia, but with a women's release like this, the big feet (ie. me) are at the mercy of resellers because they don't produce many in that size.

So those with pairs in hand, can we see how they look with the mint and sail laces that they come with? :emoji_eyes:

Back
Top Bottom