Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Nike Air Rubber Dunk Oct 1st $190

Joined Mar 24, 2017
My 13 year old nephew really hit on these on SNKRS.
Got a text from his mom the night before telling me he has a few questions about a shoe coming out the next day. I already knew exactly what shoes he was talking about.
He downloaded the SNKRS app the night before and actually hit on them on his first SNKRS try.
Talk about beginners luck.
He couldn’t get his size, but ended up getting my size. I told him I was going to buy them off of him, but damn...
these prices are way higher than I ever expected.

Joined Aug 1, 2017
The stock laces are perfect. They’re not sail, they’re more of a beautiful muslin color. They stand out in a not-obvious-until-you-notice-them way, whereas the white and black laces would stand out too much and look out of place. The lace color is one of my favorite detail of this shoe.

The mint laces are interesting but they don’t look great to me. I may put them on after wearing the stock laces for a year or so, just to switch it up.

I don’t enjoy lacing up shoes so I won’t be trying the white laces, sorry. I’ll see if I can snap a good pic that captures the actual shade of the stock laces. They’re NICE!

Joined Jun 21, 2015
My 13 year old nephew really hit on these on SNKRS.
Got a text from his mom the night before telling me he has a few questions about a shoe coming out the next day. I already knew exactly what shoes he was talking about.
He downloaded the SNKRS app the night before and actually hit on them on his first SNKRS try.
Talk about beginners luck.
He couldn’t get his size, but ended up getting my size. I told him I was going to buy them off of him, but damn...
these prices are way higher than I ever expected.
Happy for your nephew, but damn that is some beginners luck :lol:
How much extra you gonna toss his way? :lol:

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Man, negotiating a financial deal with family members can suck. I went through it with the obsidians, and I ended up just saying “forget it.” A friend I met through NT ended up helping me out instead. Good luck.

Joined Aug 1, 2017
I think this pic does a decent job showing the different shades on this sneaker. In some pics the whole sneaker may look monochrome, but in person the different shades do a great job accentuating the details of this beautiful silhouette (Jordan 4). The laces are one of the shades that stands out most. Perfect color choice imo. White might look great too but this shoe is a work of art as is, no need to mess with it.

AC055A6A-F5B6-4C81-B4C2-063C9BBCF078.jpeg

Joined Jul 2, 2019
The stock laces are perfect. They’re not sail, they’re more of a beautiful muslin color. They stand out in a not-obvious-until-you-notice-them way, whereas the white and black laces would stand out too much and look out of place. The lace color is one of my favorite detail of this shoe.

The mint laces are interesting but they don’t look great to me. I may put them on after wearing the stock laces for a year or so, just to switch it up.

I don’t enjoy lacing up shoes so I won’t be trying the white laces, sorry. I’ll see if I can snap a good pic that captures the actual shade of the stock laces. They’re NICE!
I agree with all of this except for the part where I don't actually own the shoes

Joined Mar 24, 2017
Happy for your nephew, but damn that is some beginners luck :lol:
How much extra you gonna toss his way? :lol:
I’m not even gonna lie... I was tight as hell when he sent me a “what happens after I get an order confirmation” text. :lol: I was like wtf this little MF actually got them.
I told him I would pay him whatever he would make after cash out on StockX.
I’m not trying to haggle with him Lmao. I’ll let him enjoy his First W, Cause there’s a lot of SNKRS Ls to look forward to.
I save some money and have peace of mind my pair is coming from nike and is 100% legit.

Joined Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't able to get the shoes but got a hoodie. If those Breds (Prefer this colorway over the womans, I already have hender scheme IVs) really drop, I may get matchy matchy and wear the hoodie with them. Does anyone know the sizing on the hoodie? Really hoping the hoodie is oversized. Discount was nice also.
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.40.15 PM.png

Joined Mar 9, 2013
I don't know why they released the OW 5's apparel collection with the sail 4's lol. I was tempted but if I wasn't going to win on SNKRS for a pair of OW 4's, I didn't plan on giving SNKRS any of my money that day. I was mad lol

Joined Dec 18, 2005
Wasn't able to get the shoes but got a hoodie. If those Breds (Prefer this colorway over the womans, I already have hender scheme IVs) really drop, I may get matchy matchy and wear the hoodie with them. Does anyone know the sizing on the hoodie? Really hoping the hoodie is oversized. Discount was nice also.
You have a gift card/discount code applied to your order? From $300 down to $240 before tax is definitely a come up.

Joined May 11, 2011
$ 300 retail for a hoodie made in China??? LOL!!! What is going on in this world!

Joined Feb 9, 2015
kinda thinking of just buying two (or more) pairs of the sails and holding onto the pair i don't wear until it appreciates enough to (hopefully substantially) offset the cost of the pair i do wear

e.g. buy two pairs at $1000 each/$2000 total > hold onto one until they start selling for $1500 > sell it, effectively reducing the cost of the pair i keep to $500

-

any of you guys do this kind of thing at all?

and do you see them going up by that much within a year or so?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now