Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Why's there outrage? At least he's donating. What does it matter how much it is?
He’s donating $50 when he charging $300 for a wallet on his site.

I don’t even know why he’s still harping on this street wear debate since his clothing is purely high fashion. All of these high fashion executives are, at worst extremely prejudice, so Virgil acting out like this is the least surprising story of the year.

^^^Right.

These useless hyper-emotional reacts to Virgil mean absolutely nothing.

But have at it if it gives you a tingly feeling... :stoneface:

#JergensDailyMoisture

Everybody who is upset that Virgil didn't donate more and won't support him anymore should sell their OW sneakers and donate the proceeds to show Virgil how it should be done.

I mean this isn’t a controversial take. Is it supposed to be? With pleasure, my friend.
^^^Right.

These useless hyper-emotional reacts to Virgil mean absolutely nothing.

But have at it if it gives you a tingly feeling... :stoneface:

#JergensDailyMoisture
I know bait when I see it.

I mean this isn’t a controversial take. Is it supposed to be? With pleasure, my friend.

Not at all, but if that's how you interpret it that's on you.

In my line of work we receive donations from wealthy folks as well to help build programs for our community. Some of these people make small contributions but we don't bash them or view them any differently for it just because they are in a position to donate more.

It is a complete assumption that he has not donated more based on one screenshot he decided to post.

C'mon guys... I know we have brighter eyes than this.

Not at all, but if that's how you interpret it that's on you.

In my line of work we receive donations from wealthy folks as well to help build programs for our community. Some of these people make small contributions but we don't bash them or view them any differently for it just because they are in a position to donate more.

Virgil has always been talking about the culture and the struggle. He speaks frequently about how amazing it is to be a person of color in a luxury fashion house and how he wants to inspire other people of color.

This isn’t a random rich person donating to one of 1,000 causes. Rich people do donate varying amounts to causes they may or may not be passionate about.

This is someone using his platform to directly comment on current events affecting black culture. Using that megaphone to highlight a $50 dollar donation simply isn’t a good look.

It is a complete assumption that he has not donated more based on one screenshot he decided to post.

C'mon guys... I know we have brighter eyes than this.

Honestly then it would be better to not show anything on social media. The backlash speaks for itself. No one cared what Virgil did or didn’t donate until he put a megaphone on that $50.

Virgil has always been talking about the culture and the struggle. He speaks frequently about how amazing it is to be a person of color in a luxury fashion house and how he wants to inspire other people of color.

This isn’t a random rich person donating to one of 1,000 causes. Rich people do donate varying amounts to causes they may or may not be passionate about.

This is someone using his platform to directly comment on current events affecting black culture. Using that megaphone to highlight a $50 dollar donation simply isn’t a good look.

Honestly then it would be better to not show anything on social media. The backlash speaks for itself. No one cared what Virgil did or didn’t donate until he put a megaphone on that $50.

Let me ask you this then, if the outrage is, in your words, "due to the small amount" that he donated, then at what amount does it have to be for it to be considered a worthy donation?

Let me ask you this then, if the outrage is, in your words, "due to the small amount" that he donated, then at what amount does it have to be for it to be considered a worthy donation?

something with actual thought put behind it. Whether it’s a monetary donation with a comma in it, or access to his resources or his time. Not a paltry 50 dollars so he can post it and tell people ‘see I did my part’.

I’m not Virgil’s accountant so I cannot answer that question. You’re missing the point.

The point isn’t how much his comfort level for a donation was or EVEN what donation the masses would actually deem acceptable.

The point is how little he actually contributed. He drives a Bentley, has multiple homes, is head of men’s fashion at LV and owns Off White.

Many black people looked up to him. He gladly positioned himself as “cracking the ceiling” into the high fashion houses. Donating the $50 and then SHARING it on social media wasn’t a good look. This DREW ATTENTION to the donation.

As I said before, no one would be talking about how much he donated otherwise. It’s kind of moot point to ask “oh what would have been an acceptable amount.”

I’f you’re walking on the street and see a homeless man and you throw him a penny...would you post that for everyone to see?

something with actual thought put behind it. Whether it’s a monetary donation with a comma in it, or access to his resources or his time. Not a paltry 50 dollars so he can post it and tell people ‘see I did my part’.
His “see I did my part” comes off as a passive aggressive slight for the backlash he received for his comments prior to the donation. Like “here’s what I’d pay for my lunch, now shut the **** up.” Dude is a straight clown.

I’f you’re walking on the street and see a homeless man and you throw him a penny...would you post that for everyone to see?

That’s the post.

You could give $10,000 to homeless issues every month and that’s fine, but then why the heck are you sharing the penny you gave to 5 million people on your Instagram.

Yaw cats raging but dont see yaw in any of the threads raging against da cops that brutalize black people.

IF you are there then I see you papis

Then the outrage should be directed at the fact that he posted that he contributed - not the amount.

I’m not Virgil’s accountant so I cannot answer that question. You’re missing the point.

The point isn’t how much his comfort level for a donation was or EVEN what donation the masses would actually deem acceptable.

The point is how little he actually contributed. He drives a Bentley, has multiple homes, is head of men’s fashion at LV and owns Off White.

Many black people looked up to him. He gladly positioned himself as “cracking the ceiling” into the high fashion houses. Donating the $50 and then SHARING it on social media wasn’t a good look. This DREW ATTENTION to the donation.

As I said before, no one would be talking about how much he donated otherwise. It’s kind of moot point to ask “oh what would have been an acceptable amount.”

Do you not see the contradiction in saying "The point isn’t how much his comfort level for a donation was or EVEN what donation the masses would actually deem acceptable", and then the very next sentence say "The point is how little he actually contributed. He drives a Bentley, has multiple homes, is head of men’s fashion at LV and owns Off White."

Second, I agree, NOBODY here is his accountant so nobody should be upset at the amount he donated. That's exactly why I asked YOU specifically what YOU would deem as a worthy contribution since YOU say it was a "little" contribution. If you believe it's such a "little" contribution then there has to be some sort of benchmark for you to compare it to to call it "little". Otherwise you shouldn't talk about the amount at all. He could've donated $50,000 and there would still be people who call it "little" because "he drives a Bentley, has multiple homes, is head of men’s fashion at LV and owns Off White." You get what I'm trying to say?

Seems the outrage is directed at the wrong thing. The outrage should be that he felt the need to showoff to his platform that he contributed instead of the amount that he contributed. Kind of like those YouTubers who record themselves giving back to homeless people.

Yaw cats raging but dont see yaw in any of the threads raging against da cops that brutalize black people.

IF you are there then I see you papis

Yes, because NT’s off topic section is the only place to air these grievances. I don’t need my “rage” qualified based on what you can see me post on a forum about sneakers. If anything it’s more natural to post about Virgil here.

This black man says to take a hike.

Back
Top Bottom