Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Bro what cook group are you a part of? I’m honestly curious.

I’ve been in a few of them in the past, and the large majority of people in them are kids asking what they can resell and ignoring anything that doesn’t.

From my experience, cook groups are nothing but resellers and hypebeasts. At least NT actually has sneaker heads who wear shoes and collect non hyped stuff.

Don’t get me wrong they can provide some seriously helpful information. But most of the conversation in the main chats of these groups are cringeworthy.

There’s only one or two cook groups I’d want to join at this point, and they’re impossible to get into.
"doEs It hAVe ReSaLE¿"
mocking-spongebob-1556133078.jpg

:rofl: that shi*t irritates the hell out of me.

yeah I've never won EG either. Even for raffles that they ended up having pairs leftover and sitting on shelves

I'd say it's helped increase my odds of winning, but I haven't really benefited from those odds yet. What I like about my discord is there's no bickering like you see on NT. It's straight business and there are no dumb questions. Everyone is there to genuinely help everyone. I wish NT was the same.

Wow, your discord group must be a unicorn. Every one I've seen is full of teens talking about the dumbest crap, or trolling, it's unbearable. That's why I've never joined one.

As bad as NT is sometimes, discord groups are 1000x worse.

^^ yup same in my discord and slack group. Bunch of "these flip?" comments for anything that loads. Everyone asking that about the travis scott cereal drop yesterday. TBH I haven't had any use/success from these groups lately because shopify has gone completely doodoo. I do utilize all the raffle links they post tho and the check-in codes.

My favorite part of these cook groups is when they post their "success" on twitter and its from Draws, LEO, etc that clearly dont rely on early information or "secret" info lol but they cant wait to claim it for their group. On top of that, the monitors are only as good as your ATCs, bots, etc are. I was in one briefly as a free trial for one month and can confirm the cringe is strong. its like reddit concentrated.

this is also spot on. Dudes posting "Success" screenshots to things that you don't even need a discord/slack group for.

i just wanna know whos the first source for the secret info. how do people know this early ****.

Most groups use monitors. My group can tell when SNKRS passes/hunts are being loaded on the back end. Sometimes, we get a 2 minute window of when the pass is about to drop such as the Stranger Things Pass today. I knew about the MCA Pass minutes before it went live and even posted here in this thread about it. I would say the Discord groups usually have information several minutes/seconds ahead of SoleLinks based on my notifications. A few seconds could mean a W vs an L. A few people claim to have internal plugs which also gets rumors into the group. I'd say 50% of the rumors are true which means better preparation for the release.

A good example was the Travis Scott release yesterday. We were given a heads up 30 mins before it went live. And I didn't see a single Twitter post about it until I had already checked out.

Wow, your discord group must be a unicorn. Every one I've seen is full of teens talking about the dumbest crap, or trolling, it's unbearable. That's why I've never joined one.

As bad as NT is sometimes, discord groups are 1000x worse.

I never see any trolling. But if you've never joined one, I'm curious why you think mines a unicorn?

Spooky Summer
by Sean Go, on Flickr

IG: @sgo8

In love with these. I need to cop.

Last edited:
Most groups use monitors. My group can tell when SNKRS passes/hunts are being loaded on the back end. Sometimes, we get a 2 minute window of when the pass is about to drop such as the Stranger Things Pass today. I knew about the MCA Pass minutes before it went live and even posted here in this thread about it. I would say the Discord groups usually have information several minutes/seconds ahead of SoleLinks based on my notifications. A few seconds could mean a W vs an L. A few people claim to have internal plugs which also gets rumors into the group. I'd say 50% of the rumors are true which means better preparation for the release.

A good example was the Travis Scott release yesterday. We were given a heads up 30 mins before it went live. And I didn't see a single Twitter post about it until I had already checked out.

I never see any trolling. But if you've never joined one, I'm curious why you think mines a unicorn?

In love with these. I need to cop.
How do I get in your group and how much does it cost?

I know two people who are in pretty good (effective) groups, and I've seen it with my own eyes. It was unbearable. Admittedly, I have a very low tolerance for kids trolling, so it's just not worth it to me. Way too aggravating.

I also have followed a few different ones on twitter to try and get a feel for them, and I got the same impression. Good info, but the members are extremely immature. I'm not blaming the people running it. That's just how it is.

I wanna know too lol. tired of L's. I've been to Canarsie 3242343424 times.
I know two people who are in pretty good (effective) groups, and I've seen it with my own eyes. It was unbearable. I have a low tolerance for kids trolling, so I just can't do it.

I also have followed a few different ones on twitter, to try and get a feel for them, and it's unbearable. I'm not blaming the people running it, and the information is good/helpful, but the immature members ruin it for me.

I hear you man. Im nearing my mid 30's and couldn't bear that either. It's all business for me in the group lol

Any idea if the MCA's will shock drop?

IMAG5576.jpg

Had to go to some training thing at work today. They made everyone introduce themselves and say something special/interesting about themselves. I just said i collect sneakers and the female trainer there yelled from the back "yeah I saw those off whites when you came in!" Lol

May wear these one more time and get rid of em...like some others in here, these air bubbles worry me

Back
Top Bottom