Nike x Sacai Collaboration Thread -SACAI X NIKE MAGMASCAPE PACK

Right. Right after they dropped, Blazers were in the low 300s and Waffles were in the 500s I believe. These new ones would normally be in between those, HOWEVER prices across the board are nuts right now so instead of 400s I think these will be 500s. We’ll see.

The green gustos waffles was about $380~ and the varsity blues was about $420~ for size 9.5 a week after it dropped. Prices have been unpredictable during this quarantine for just about every release, people have those free unemployment money. It might settle down tho since the extra funds is ending this month, unless they come up with another stimulus plan.

I sold all my Sacai Blazers, super meh. White pair was the only one worth half a cent.
tenor.gif

you're super meh

The green gustos waffles was about $380~ and the varsity blues was about $420~ for size 9.5 a week after it dropped. Prices have been unpredictable during this quarantine for just about every release, people have those free unemployment money. It might settle down tho since the extra funds is ending this month, unless they come up with another stimulus plan.

its hard to compare to the first release colorways because it was a new model (you know what I mean) and people had mixed feelings about the shoe and colorways. Even I wasn't too fond of the window sill midsole lol. When I was picking up my pair at NikeLab, tons of people were saying they won't go past $400 and got cashed out for $300 immediately right there. I kept mine because I saw potential in them, but didn't expect them to ever hit more than $500 after RD.

After people saw how the sacai waffles can do on the resale, people have been raising the bar higher for resale. I'm surprised the Nylon waffles didn't do as well as the predecessors

its hard to compare to the first release colorways because it was a new model (you know what I mean) and people had mixed feelings about the shoe and colorways. Even I wasn't too fond of the window sill midsole lol. When I was picking up my pair at NikeLab, tons of people were saying they won't go past $400 and got cashed out for $300 immediately right there. I kept mine because I saw potential in them, but didn't expect them to ever hit more than $500 after RD.

After people saw how the sacai waffles can do on the resale, people have been raising the bar higher for resale. I'm surprised the Nylon waffles didn't do as well as the predecessors
Hype is a hell of a drug. :smile: And yes you’re right it was a new model so it was unpredictable but I feel a lot of people started liking them is because of hype and the resale value.

To me, the nylon version is just too plain comparing to the mesh version. At least the mesh version of the grey and black pair still have that two tone colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those new colorways are awful imo. Only one I like even a little bit is the bottom left.

And the black/white V1 has more than 2 colors. There’s like 3 different greys; the lining, suede, and mesh plus black and white and that orange pop on the tongue.

Last edited:
I don't think the colorways are awful, its just that the waffle 2.0 doesn't look as good as the 1.0

I like the colors on the pairs supposedly releasing in the fall (Gump, black, Oregon colorways) far more than I like the 4 for next spring.
This new model to me is a perfectly good collab. They’re cool and all; I’m excited to own a pair or two maybe. The original Sacai Waffle is like one of my favorite sneakers ever.

This remains my favorite colorway and the only one I own, but I'm inclined towards the v2 because I perceive it to be more durable than the v1 mesh. Am I wrong here?
L9970598.JPG
These are probably the best color no doubt. Green gusto is tied or at least second. I got the Summit Whites and always am scared that the materials and especially the mesh will not last long even though I take good care of my kicks. The V2's may be more structurally better but not as unique when compared to original waffles.

I find the V2 more aggressive and it reminds me of the balenciaga track which has been my favorite sneaker in my rotation.

Back
Top Bottom