Nike zoom all out flyknit

Anyone else notice the sole looks completely different than what was first advertised on Nike Lab. And now Nike has changed the pics of the shoe. I thought the clear/smoke sole help tone down the volt zoom air. That's why I bought the NikeLab pair. Not sure if I want to keep them now

UPDATE: Friends pair was delivered this is what he received. Waiting till I get out of work to check my delivered pair

Yea I'm in the same boat, I wanted the volt to be toned down a bit like the pics but it definitely isn't. The messed up thing about it is the nikelabs clearly have the same sole as the other colorways, but the product pictures look way different. Very misleading.

Do you have a comparison picture?
What was sent
That doesn't even look like clear blue on the back like in the photos, prob some filter nonsense. My biggest concern is looking at the good amount of glue stains(Seems like a lot for Nikelab Quality and 2 bills) and the quality of the Swoosh, I get why they like to use the 3M branding but having something like an actual flyknit logo thats knitted into the upper looks amazing and doesn't get that wrinkled look when your walking in them. 

You could've gotten the women's version? It shows on ndc that the men's cw come in clear like the one below:

NIKELAB-AIR-ZOOM-ALL-OUT-FLYKNIT-5.jpg

And women's is showing as all volt.

Last edited:
For the non nikelab colors on eastbay use code EMEB4WC5 for $169.99 with free shipping.

I received my pair today. They look and feel nice. I took my pair for a quick run on the treadmill and don't think these shoes are for me.

I'm a forefoot runner and landing on the forefoot felt awkward in this shoe. I think it has to do with where I land and where the zoom air ends in the forefoot. I wanted to like these as they feel pretty springy but they don't feel smooth compared to the Pegasus 33 or the Lunarepic. I would hold on to these if they weren't so expensive but I'll send them back and wait for the Lunarepic lows.

Just tried mines on realy quick
And yes defently keeping them.
Hope other CW go sale....
Sorry for no pic I was on a hurry...

Also a little disappointed with the way the colors look on the Nikelab pair. The sole has a blue tint, but it's barely visible underneath the bright volt Zoom. Pretty different than the pic... Still have yet to actually try them on cause I'm debating about sending them back

NDC accepts returns on shoes in any condition within 30 days so you can even try running in them for the next few weeks and then return them if it doesn't suit you.

Well, it's Saturday! To rfx45 rfx45 and many others, IT'S PERFORMANCE REVIEW TIME! I'll provide a quick one-sentence consensus for those who don't want to read and an in-depth one for those who want details.

View media item 2072867
One-sentence consensus (like Rotten Tomatoes): Loaded with a super-responsive Zoom Air [or Zoom Max] cushioning system and a true-to-size minimalistic upper approach inspired by a track spike, the shoe is definitely worthy of a consideration if you're looking to run while focusing on speed, especially on the tracks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In-depth part of those willing to read!

Okay, let's get the pricing questioning out the way. Is it worth its price tag? That's totally up to you and what you believe. As mentioned once before about the Nike Tech Knit Windrunner I reviewed, it's not worth it if you spend time hesitating on buying it.

My workout this morning consisted of a 2-lap warmup on the upper skirt of the stadium, and then 2 x 800m (2 laps each), 4 x 400m (1 lap each), 8 x 200m (1/2 a lap each) and 1 x 100m sprint just for the **** of it. You might wonder why this matters and you'll see why later on.

The shoe does indeed run true to size and in comparison to the LunarEpic Flyknit where I had to go 1/2 size up to accommodate the 6mm insole. Plenty of room for comfort in these.

If there's one thing that's definitely great about the shoe, it's obviously the cushioning. The 3/4-length Zoom Air bag is really damn responsive for what I was looking for, but when you initially start running in them [or even start walking in them for that matter], the one thing you'll notice immediately is the lack of outer-foot stability. You're gonna get all kinds of good cushioning, but it's not your common running shoe, meaning there's no outer support around the foot as if there was a Phylon or Cushlon midsole supported with a crash rail. There IS a crash rail, but between your foot and crash rail is just a bag of air inbetween, no extra Zoom Air tensile fibers [or fiber tensile, whichever it is] between that. So when I did my warm up, I was a bit skeptical thinking, "oh God, I'm gonna roll my ankle" or some ****. However, it just takes a bit of time to get used to, but this is part 1 of why I brought up my workout. It's a shoe that is inspired by track performance, which probably answers the question to why this shoe hasn't been heavily marketed compared to the all-around LunarEpic Flyknit. I'm not saying it's 100% made for track performance only, but if you were to wonder why it feels like that compared to common running shoes like the Nike Zoom Pegasus, Zoom Vomero, Asics Gel-Kayano, Asics Gel-Nimbus, Adidas Ultra Boost and many others, that's why. Anyway, long-story short, cushioning feels odd, but you get used to it. It's very similar to the Nike KD 6 Elite [basketball shoe] if anyone has owned and worn a pair before.

Did a few warmup routines prior to the beginning of the run, and the first thing I noticed when doing A-skips and B-skips [warm-up similar to high knees where you're on your toes] is the gap between the Zoom Air bag and the Cushlon [not Phylon] midsole. It's not quite comfortable unfortunately, but I realized my shoes were not tied up tight enough to lock the foot in, so it was likely my feet sliding around. That's a note to take down: TIE SHOES REAL TIGHT BEFORE RUNNING IN IT, haha. After that, it was fine, and the transitions were good and acceptable!

Throughout the intervals, the responsiveness from the Zoom Air kicks in REALLY well, especially in the heels. If you're a midfoot or heel striker like I am, you'll like it A LOT. The turns I was making felt completely fine, and I say that since I brought up about the lack of outer stability earlier. Again, you just gotta get used to it after you do a warm-up run or something and it'll disappear off your mind. Despite clear soles having its reputation of fading faster than rubber outsoles, these work really well on the track. In comparison to the LunarEpic Flyknits, the outsoles pattern is similar to most common runners and because of that, multi-directional patterns are NOT welcomed. These are made to go forward and back; that's it.

The Flyknit upper is great! Breathable, and with Flywire support, the shoes' upper keeps you distraction-free and this includes the very questionable ankle collar that I'm sure a lot of people have had issues with. For those with the Achilles' issue from the LunarEpics, I cannot really say much since I never had that Achilles-rubbing/blistering experience that others have had, but for me, the collar on this one worked fine. It helps that the collar is lower than the LunarEpics, too. Flexibility wasn't an issue for me, but maybe that's based on how I run. Regardless, I felt totally fine with it and it didn't feel so restrictive enough to the point where I couldn't handle it. It is obviously tougher than most other running shoes, but there's a reason they made the bag 3/4-length and not all the way. The room for the Cushlon midsole helps for flexibility and soft cushioning for the toes and forefoot. If you're not familiar with the Cushlon midsole, this midsole is ONLY on the Zoom Pegasus, so give those a try [especially the Pegasus 31s] and you'll see how good those feel in comparison to the commonly-used Phylon midsole on Roshes, Flyknit Racers, etc. At the end of the run, I've had no feet fatigue. That's a big plus! I could've walked my way home after the track session, but my house was 3 miles away, so screw that.

Jesus Christ, this s a long review. Let me try to finish this up.

OH, the heel counter! Shout-out to Nightwing2303 from WearTesters for bringing this up in his video. The heel counter has a LOT LESS support to the point where you can push that heel counter down! That's probably why the heel/Achilles area does not get bothered at all, which is a VERY GOOD thing. It is a very good adjustment to making the shoe have that "sock-like" and track-spike feel for running.

Few additional questions I'd like to clear up with some answers, and hopefully these will help.

#1) Did I go faster in this shoe? I did, yes! Was it because of the shoes? I can't really answer that. I usually do these track runs in the Nike Zoom Vomero 11s (Zoom in heel and forefoot supported with a Lunarlon outsole, geared for distance) and I was able to improve session after session, so maybe it's a combo, but let's face it: it's just pure consistency and mental strength. After all, running IS about mental strength as well as it is physical, of course.

#2) Zoom All Out vs. the Adidas Ultra Boost? let me just tell you guys this. Look at both shoes in the categorical perspective, AND NOT WHO INFLUENCED THE SHOE'S POPULARITY. The Adidas Ultra Boost has some good *** cushioning, and it is SOFT and responsive. The Zoom All Out Flyknits has some good *** cushioning, and it is comparably FIRM and responsive. Whichever you like is up to you. Just to throw it in there, the LunarEpic Flyknits is just soft and not really as responsive at all compared to those two monsters. Remember, this is just personal preference and how my body reacts to these shoes.

#3) Why just the track for this shoe? I had an opportunity to run in these on Wednesday with my local NRC session and as much as I was tempted to, I passed on it. The feel and fit of the shoe, for some reason to me, completely gave me a gut feeling that these were made for the track. Plus, the track is completely flat and it's consistent compared to some [but not all] road surfaces. Think back about my stability/support thoughts and look back at what I'm mentioning about surfaces now. It wasn't 'til the next day after when I saw NikeRunning's IG post that it was inspired by track spikes. That, and if there were ever shoes made with a ******* 3/4-length of a Zoom Air bag, we know for damn sure it's not meant to run for the distance although since I did mention that I had no foot fatigue, I may be wrong about this!

#4) Would I consider anything else other than the track for these? Treadmill is a no. I just don't like treadmills; you don't get the full running experience out of it. Plus, the bouncing feeling on the treadmill + all that Zoom Air = extra unnecessary work and effort. It will just not work out well. Trails? HELL NO. Road? Again, only if some of those surfaces are even enough.

Yes, I'll definitely keep these in the rotation as they have impressed me well. Plus, they look nice, too!

OKAY, that's my review! Sorry it was so long, but feel free to PM me or just quote me with some questions/comments/thoughts. Just remember that this is all from my personal experience and preference, and everything I mentioned here may not be the same as to how your body reacts when running.

Last edited:
Can you talk about stability?

Sure thing. It's a very neutral shoe and has possibly no stability (or very minimal at the most) support. If you're an overpronator, sorry for the news, but it won't be comfortable. If you're a supinator... I don't know. it may not work out. Again, if you look at the Zoom Air bubble, there's nothing but empty space on the outer skirt of the foot. So if you land on either sides of the shoe and not straight down, the feeling may feel a bit more eery to you than good. I am a neutral runner and a primary heel/midfoot, if anyone needs a reference.

Thank you for the very in-depth review, much-appreciated. Probably gonna wait for a different colorway at this point.

thinking about copping the volt colorway.... $200 is pretty steep though..

I highly recommend going 1/2 size down. I wear a 10 for Nike Lunar 3, Nike Free 3.0 but had to go with 9.5 for these. The upper is made with flyknit which is a bit stretchy and has some give. The Zoom All Out were made to have a "sock like" feel that conforms to your feet and if you have a bad fit, you're compromising performance.

I originally bought my 10's and tried it for 2 weeks and felt the toe box had too much room and felt my feet moving inside the shoe so returned it to go 1/2 size down. Also if you plan on trying these out in store, keep in mind the sock you'll be wearing - if you wear the thick elite socks the fit is going to be different than thin running socks.

On a side note, I think the KD9's are made very similar to this bc all my basketball sneakers are TTS 10 but went down 1/2 a size bc the upper on that is also flexible flyknit.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I highly recommend going 1/2 size down. I wear a 10 for Nike Lunar 3, Nike Free 3.0 but had to go with 9.5 for these. The upper is made with flyknit which is a bit stretchy and has some give. The Zoom All Out were made to have a "sock like" feel that conforms to your feet and if you have a bad fit, you're compromising performance.

I originally bought my 10's and tried it for 2 weeks and felt the toe box had too much room and felt my feet moving inside the shoe so returned it to go 1/2 size down. Also if you plan on trying these out in store, keep in mind the sock you'll be wearing - if you wear the thick elite socks the fit is going to be different than thin running socks.

On a side note, I think the KD9's are made very similar to this bc all my basketball sneakers are TTS 10 but went down 1/2 a size bc the upper on that is also flexible flyknit.

Hope this helps!

That's a good point on the socks, as I wear nothing but no show L/R specific dri fit socks. But my true size of 8.5 was extremely snug, and my toe was at the front of the shoe, so no space. I ended up going up 1/2 size to a 9. However, even with thin socks, I would not go down 1/2 size to a size 8 as that would be too tight.

Damn is the Nike Lab sold out in men's??

Edit: Nvm found them

Last edited:
us3less us3less you a runner? what was / is your event?

i was a former sprinter. looking for a good shoe to casually run in again

I guess I'm a runner, haha. Not training for any event nor was I participating in one... I just started running again in October of last year, because my old job decided to throw a curveball at me by accusing me of lying about my work. Took that to heart, made me hate them so much that "hating running" doesn't exist anymore, really. Just training to be better physically, mentally and emotionally.

Oh nice! Well, for casual runs, it all depends on your preference. For a Nike shoe, I'd say the Vomero is a good bet to go with along with any Lunarlon stuff. Lunarlon provides the softer cushioning while anything Zoom Air will provide responsiveness and energy return for the bounce-back.

Back
Top Bottom