NIKE ZOOM HYPERDUNK ELITE ($200 Priced! Summer 2012)

Nike Zoom Hyperdunk Elite: http://counterkicks.com/2011/09/03/nike-zoom-hyperdunk-elite/

nike-zoom-hyperdunk-elite.jpg

Official 2012 Olympics USA Basketball shoe? Wonder how big the market is for new $200+ performance models...

200 bucks for full-length zoom?.... are they going to look alot better than the 2011s?

There's no reason for Nike to charge 175+ on sneakers unless it has Foamposite or is a high end Jordan release

So no mention of the material just flawier next gen cabling and such. I GOTTA see this. Could be interesting if it's a new silouette. Not $200 bones interesting but interesting none the less lol

laugh.gif
Reading that description makes this !$%% sound like the Foamposite of Hyperdunks.

$200.. they've lost their mind

that means retail will be almost $300 here in Canada.

i bet they are releasing the version that players get. if any of you have seen the hyperdunks, the shank plate doesnt wrap up under the heel and outside of the midfoot like it does in sample pictures. they also made the heel counter out of carbon fiber on these, added full-length zoom, a nike sphere lining, and i'm willing to bet they used actual flywire on them...like the kind they hyped up made out of vectran instead of the braided nylon that the public gets now.

the shoe will look the same but probably be a much better performing shoe. with that said, theres no way in hell i would spend 200 bucks on a pair of shoes i'm gonna play ball in. especially not nike shoes, which tend to have a shelf life of 6-8 weeks for me.

nike tries to do this every few years because soccer players are stupid enough to pay absurd prices for performance shoes. the problem is as soon as you raise the price ceiling, the shoes not labeled "elite" get worse and worse with each new model. with soccer, the vapor cleats are a perfect example. 200 bucks used to get you a performance monster, but as soon as they dropped that vapor "elite" (which is essentially the exact same shoe, but lighter) and saw people were willing to pay 400 for the same damn shoe they completely stripped all of the carbon fiber out of the shoe, started using cheap insoles, and made the shoe bulkier to create value for the "elite" model. now from nike soccer what you get for $400 is what you used to get for $200, what you get for $200 is what you get for $100, and so on down the line.

you guys better hope these shoes don't sell well, because if they do, the days of getting performance shoes for $100 dollars are long gone.

U guyz pay it for foams....if the silouette is sick & the corlorways are crazy many of us will copp period!

Originally Posted by mt3130

i bet they are releasing the version that players get. if any of you have seen the hyperdunks, the shank plate doesnt wrap up under the heel and outside of the midfoot like it does in sample pictures. they also made the heel counter out of carbon fiber on these, added full-length zoom, a nike sphere lining, and i'm willing to bet they used actual flywire on them...like the kind they hyped up made out of vectran instead of the braided nylon that the public gets now.

the shoe will look the same but probably be a much better performing shoe. with that said, theres no way in hell i would spend 200 bucks on a pair of shoes i'm gonna play ball in. especially not nike shoes, which tend to have a shelf life of 6-8 weeks for me.

nike tries to do this every few years because soccer players are stupid enough to pay absurd prices for performance shoes. the problem is as soon as you raise the price ceiling, the shoes not labeled "elite" get worse and worse with each new model. with soccer, the vapor cleats are a perfect example. 200 bucks used to get you a performance monster, but as soon as they dropped that vapor "elite" (which is essentially the exact same shoe, but lighter) and saw people were willing to pay 400 for the same damn shoe they completely stripped all of the carbon fiber out of the shoe, started using cheap insoles, and made the shoe bulkier to create value for the "elite" model. now from nike soccer what you get for $400 is what you used to get for $200, what you get for $200 is what you get for $100, and so on down the line.

you guys better hope these shoes don't sell well, because if they do, the days of getting performance shoes for $100 dollars are long gone.
Interesting info. Thank you for sharing.

I'll definitely wait to see what these are before I start saying what I will/won't spend $200 on.

That would be disappointing, Nike has used the Olympics to come up with new technologies and innovative products, I remenber in 2000 when the Shox were showcased that what got me in the shoe game; I dont remenber what they did in 04 but in Beijing they came up with lunarfoam and flywire and now the innovative product for 2012 would be a hypderdunk elite? 
indifferent.gif

I'm I the only one that noticed the visible zoom air?... not for 2 bills but I'd be interested because of that alone ...

Visible zoom air or not, 200 bucks is crazy for a full length zoom non foam shoe. Jordans with full length zoom double stacked in the heel haven't cost this much. Aj 2011 with interchangeable midsoles didn't cost this much. No way they are worth it. Makes me think the bb1.5 won't have full length zoom, or they will up the price considerable for them.

Nike will probably make them limited so let the hype begin.

The ONLY reason nike can get away with prices like these is because of INTERNET HYPE

hyperdunks at 2 bills? wow....i really liked that hds and hyperfuses were are a more reasonably cost alternative to some of the technically advanced shoes....

will be very interested to see what these shoes look like and how they perform...

Back
Top Bottom