Nike zoom Kobe 4 review from undsed

Wow, I could have sworn I posted a reply, but nothing is showing up.

Anyway, between your review and what Duke said about these, I keep flip flopping on attempting to get them.

If it wasn't for that questionable lunar foam...

The lunarfoam is still makin me hesitate on these. Nike could've sold so many more pairs with full length zoom

Originally Posted by MattyG13

The lunarfoam is still makin me hesitate on these. Nike could've sold so many more pairs with full length zoom
The Lunarfoam is what makes the shoe light. Zoom is heavier it would defeat the purpose of these shoes. I think the jury is still out if the KobeIVs bottom out like the Hyperdunk.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

The Lunarfoam is what makes the shoe light. Zoom is heavier it would defeat the purpose of these shoes. I think the jury is still out if the Kobe IVs bottom out like the Hyperdunk.
i'll take a little more weight with zoom than have lunar foam which won't last half as long.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

The Lunarfoam is what makes the shoe light. Zoom is heavier it would defeat the purpose of these shoes. I think the jury is still out if the Kobe IVs bottom out like the Hyperdunk.
i'll take a little more weight with zoom than have lunar foam which won't last half as long.

Do you have the Kobe IVs?

I want to do a poll by people who have them if their Kobes have bottomed out.

no, i don't because it has lunar foam in them. if the lunar foam in hyperdunks bottomed out on many ppl, what makes you think it won't happen againwith a different shoe? there has been many accounts by ppl saying that the lunar foam has bottomed out in their hyperdunks and just because we don't see asmany reviews of the zk4s than HDs doesn't mean the lunar foam in the zk4s has never bottomed out before. it's still questionable cushioning whereaszoom air is tried and true. also, though durability is a big part of why i'd chose zoom over lunar, it is a matter of how zoom feels compared to lunar.zoom air has that bounce to it while lunar just feels like a pillow.

what average consumer actually thinks about anything beyond the logo, colorway, and endorser?

i'm 205 lbs and still haven't felt any sort of bottoming out..

but, if the popular NT opinion on lunar is true, then wouldn't it theoretically sell MORE pairs rather than less? think about it.

Zoom Air is definitely much better than lunarlite. I wish they would put full-length Zoom Air in every shoe. They are just as responsive, and also betterlasting. They don't really give out unless it was Caged Zoom, in which it probably has deflated.

For running, Lunar foam has seemed to work for the light people, but I still prefer Zoom Air. Why? Because it applies for any sort of weight. While lunar foamlasts about 300+ miles for lighter people, it is about half of that for heavier people, who opt out for the other shoe, the Vomero 3s or 4s with Zoom Air, orother shoes of motion control or brand. I know this is about a basketball shoe, but what makes me mad is how Nike is too cheap to make full-length zoompossible any more for running shoes. I don't mean Zoom in both parts of the shoe, I'm talking about an ENTIRE full-length Zoom Air unit. I used to runin the Zoom Elite 3 which had full-length and the Zoom Vomero 2 which also had full-length, and let me tell you, they were wonderful. I haven't tried outthe new Vomeros, which I want to buy next, but Nike decided to scratch full-length zoom for the Ipod kit.

That being said... Full-length zoom is what Nike needs to make everyone happy. Look at the Huarache 2k4, BB1's and BB2's, and see how many greatresponses they got for having full-length zoom. While people do like the Hyperdunks and the ZK4, the lunar foam is what is hurting it from becoming the"GOAT" balling shoe. People will remember it as the shoe that bottomed out, for some.

That's right on 255, unfortunate, but true.

Nike and Jordan are pulling wool over people's eyes like there's no tomorrow.

But if people are actually happy with Lunar, more power to them. I doubt I would mind much either, since I enjoy playing in shoes that don't utilize anyspecial cushioning sometimes. The problem for me is the price point. I'd only get them with a generous discount.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

what average consumer actually thinks about anything beyond the logo, colorway, and endorser?

i'm 205 lbs and still haven't felt any sort of bottoming out..

but, if the popular NT opinion on lunar is true, then wouldn't it theoretically sell MORE pairs rather than less? think about it.
this man speak the truth.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Zoom Air is definitely much better than lunarlite. I wish they would put full-length Zoom Air in every shoe. They are just as responsive, and also better lasting. They don't really give out unless it was Caged Zoom, in which it probably has deflated.

For running, Lunar foam has seemed to work for the light people, but I still prefer Zoom Air. Why? Because it applies for any sort of weight. While lunar foam lasts about 300+ miles for lighter people, it is about half of that for heavier people, who opt out for the other shoe, the Vomero 3s or 4s with Zoom Air, or other shoes of motion control or brand. I know this is about a basketball shoe, but what makes me mad is how Nike is too cheap to make full-length zoom possible any more for running shoes. I don't mean Zoom in both parts of the shoe, I'm talking about an ENTIRE full-length Zoom Air unit. I used to run in the Zoom Elite 3 which had full-length and the Zoom Vomero 2 which also had full-length, and let me tell you, they were wonderful. I haven't tried out the new Vomeros, which I want to buy next, but Nike decided to scratch full-length zoom for the Ipod kit.

That being said... Full-length zoom is what Nike needs to make everyone happy. Look at the Huarache 2k4, BB1's and BB2's, and see how many great responses they got for having full-length zoom. While people do like the Hyperdunks and the ZK4, the lunar foam is what is hurting it from becoming the "GOAT" balling shoe. People will remember it as the shoe that bottomed out, for some.
The Huarache 2k4 aren't full length zoom air. They have heel and forefoot zoom air.

I love my Kobe IV, so far, but I guess in time the lunar foam will bottom out and then we will see how I feel about them.

I bought the first colorway the same week they came out, and since then i wore em about twice a week and now my cushioning is all gone =/

Back
Top Bottom