Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
I think the media spends a lot fo time discrediting Kobe. They purposely leave him out in greatest player discussions. His peers revere him tho. Look at all the players wearing his shoes. They all have him as a top 10 player all time.

Also, I still think if these 4s had full length zoom for $140> they would be sold out everywhere.

Jordan's advantages for his marketing branding

- NBA rules banning his shoe jump started the marketing campaign the shoes. Nike was paying his fines for wearing shoes that were banned and people loved it.

- NBA first huge push for globalization

- lack of competition in branding
* Adidas actually passed on Jordan because they though being a guard wasnt marketable. People loved the fact that he wasnt a big and people could relate.
* Magic and bird were retiring when Jordan came in and he was the inheritor of the face of the league.

Jordan's success on the court ultimately was the main factor

Kobe disadvantaged

- too smiliar to Jordan right after Jordan

- competition in the sneaker market
*Jordan
*Ai
*Tmac
*Lebron
*KD

- self inflicted rape case

I could go on more but I dont feel it's worth it ultimately it isnt a defend Kobe and discredit jordan.

I'm simply pointing out factors that helped him out. Jordan has the bigger brand and its deserved. His on court accomplishment and his business savvy mindset has taken him to the top.

Great post.
The difference is that Jordan said and did nothing to make White people uncomfortable. He married a Black woman not a white woman, and White people admire Jordan's opinion on the homeless, especially white corporate america, the very entity that Jordan connected himself with in order to become successful.
On the other hand Kobe Bryant never said anything about being Black either, did what he could to make white people feel comfortable, but it backfired after Colorado. Jordan used his teammates to shelter him, as he was never seen in public with the BLACK stars of his day. You did not see him with Tupac, Biggie or Diddy. On the other hand, you never heard of Kobe even hanging with his own teammates, so that shelter was not there for him. He chose to be a selfish, insecure prick to everyone. So now his brand isn't as popular as it should be, because of it.
Not everything is a one step process my friend. Mike is in the generation of so called black athletes to ingratiate themselves with corporate America and the average so called Caucasian. Because of that, athletes that came after can damn near say and do what they want because they are making so much guaranteed money, which wouldn’t be possible if corporate America wasn’t comfortable with them.

Not everything is a one step process my friend. Mike is in the generation of so called black athletes to ingratiate themselves with corporate America and the average so called Caucasian. Because of that, athletes that came after can damn near say and do what they want because they are making so much guaranteed money, which wouldn’t be possible if corporate America wasn’t comfortable with them.
...and if it weren't for Joe Louis, Jesse Owens, Bill Russell, Jim Brown and Muhammad Ali, Micheal Jordan would not have had a leg to stand upon, nor a Black athlete to compare himself to.

...and if it weren't for Joe Louis, Jesse Owens, Bill Russell, Jim Brown and Muhammad Ali, Micheal Jordan would not have had a leg to stand upon, nor a Black athlete to compare himself to.
So we’re in agreement then.

So we’re in agreement then.
Jordan felt that he had to do it that way, and now LeBron is demolishing that model of success. This is something that I greatly admire, as do many others who understand that you no longer need to make white people feel comfortable, in order to be successful in this world.

came in here to see Kobe 4s and see y’all taking about MJ....

MJ was/is such a horrible person. Nike/NBA PR team was working around the clock to tell him what to do and say. Skip Bayless had to send post game interviews to 3 different people before they approved it could be published. Stories are slipping up here and there about horrible things MJ did or said but a lot will never see the light of day. I hate to see MJ’s personality compared to athletes today because the MJ we know is heavily scripted.

came in here to see Kobe 4s and see y’all taking about MJ....

MJ was/is such a horrible person. Nike/NBA PR team was working around the clock to tell him what to do and say. Skip Bayless had to send post game interviews to 3 different people before they approved it could be published. Stories are slipping up here and there about horrible things MJ did or said but a lot will never see the light of day. I hate to see MJ’s personality compared to athletes today because the MJ we know is heavily scripted.

What politician isn't.....

- NBA rules banning his shoe jump started the marketing campaign the shoes. Nike was paying his fines for wearing shoes that were banned and people loved it.

* Adidas actually passed on Jordan because they though being a guard wasnt marketable. People loved the fact that he wasnt a big and people could relate.
* Magic and bird were retiring when Jordan came in and he was the inheritor of the face of the league.

Kobe disadvantaged

*Jordan
*Ai
*Tmac
*Lebron
*KD

I could go on more but I dont feel it's worth it ultimately it isnt a defend Kobe and discredit jordan.

I'm simply pointing out factors that helped him out. Jordan has the bigger brand and its deserved. His on court accomplishment and his business savvy mindset has taken him to the top.
Jordan came in 84' and bird and magic didn't retire until 91'/92' ijs

The streets and the hip hop community is what helped the Jordan line take off

In addition to Jordan's just looking better than kobes. What's lost is the brilliance, simplicity and casual appeal of the Jordan line 1-11 specifically.

Early Michael Jordan what the embodiment of what every inner city streetball kid wanted to be, In addition to the neighborhood dealers being flashy and showcasing them on their feet.

To compare the sneaker climate in the early/mid 80s to too early 2000s to present isn't really a fair comparison.

Can't wait for both CDs to go on sale.

Jordan came in 84' and bird and magic didn't retire until 91'/92' ijs

The streets and the hip hop community is what helped the Jordan line take off

In addition to Jordan's just looking better than kobes. What's lost is the brilliance, simplicity and casual appeal of the Jordan line 1-11 specifically.

Early Michael Jordan what the embodiment of what every inner city streetball kid wanted to be, In addition to the neighborhood dealers being flashy and showcasing them on their feet.

To compare the sneaker climate in the early/mid 80s to too early 2000s to present isn't really a fair comparison.

Can't wait for both CDs to go on sale.

casual appeal went from 1-14 it wasn't til the 15 that people started feeling akward about the designs

You are right.

But 1-11 love was pretty much across the board. 12-14 some people loved them, others were iffy. And I love the 12.

idk anyone that was iffy on the 12 when they first came out but that was sophmore year so anyone that had those were the instant cool kids of the school, i remember being jealous of those people and now i have almost every released colorway in my size, the 14s i remember being slightly less loved but i think that was the CWs more than anything and then the 15s hit and the downward spiral of the AJ line

Kobes have been consistent though. The post-retirement models are a little iffy but 1-11 were all solid with the exception of the 7 (IMO). 360 and "Exodus" were good models.

Jordan lost me after the 18.

Kobes have been consistent though. The post-retirement models are a little iffy but 1-11 were all solid with the exception of the 7 (IMO). 360 and "Exodus" were good models.

Completely agree on the Kobe line! I feel like they were trying to do too much with the 7, I copped a couple of pairs but just ended playing in the 6s which is one of my top 3 favorite of the line.

Jordan missed me with the 15, then like Jordan I stop seeing them as basketball shoes and more for casual dress use so every now and again he hits me with something like the 16, 19se, 23. I did buy the 30s on clearance to hoop in and still having hoped in them

Kobe disadvantaged

*Jordan
*Ai
*Tmac
*Lebron
*KD

ALSO.. what really helped Jordan's Brand is that we the public got to purchase and wear the EXACT same pair and colorway of Jordans (99% of the time) that he wore in a specific game or memory and through-out the season. Nowadays with all the P.E's we don't get the opportunity to have that memory of a shoe. Kobe started wearing a lot more P.E's later in his career that we never had the chance of purchasing.. "Amnesty" 8's for example (My Fav) Sucks nowadays. :frown:

ALSO.. what really helped Jordan's Brand is that we the public got to purchase and wear the EXACT same pair and colorway of Jordans (99% of the time) that he wore in a specific game or memory and through-out the season. Nowadays with all the P.E's we don't get the opportunity to have that memory of a shoe. Kobe started wearing a lot more P.E's later in his career that we never had the chance of purchasing.. "Amnesty" 8's for example (My Fav) Sucks nowadays. :frown:

this is prob the biggest reason why JB>others, "banned" "free throws" "the shot" "banned pt2" "flu games" "last shot" add that into the crazy innovative coloways and insane design and materials like bred, elephant, patent leather. Thats not to say that the others haven't had some awesome innovations kobe 6 scales shoe design for instance, kobe brining lowtops to the maintop (the pun sounded better in my head) but yeah CWs we are getting screwed the first that comes to mind is Kobe 1 Houston ASG, his were blue and what we got were black :frown:

bballkid11 bballkid11 kid the truth.
But not to take your shine.
I have a size 13 exodus DS I’m trying to let go:nerd:
For the low.
upload_2019-6-25_13-25-22.jpeg

Holla!

Back
Top Bottom