Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Just scooped up a pair of Carpe Diems for 120 off of offer up. Finally got a pair at a price point I was comfortable with as I know they'll be on sale down the line, but it might take quite a while.

I didn't even want any of the undefeated colorways even with the prices dipping to about retail. Rather get an og colorway with great colorblocking than some wack collab with some odd colors.

This is for me to hoop in of course. My first league game was last week and I tried to hoop in the 81 protros, but man even with the full length zoom, the shoe itself is too bulky with too much material.

The 6 had bad heel slippage. After I went 1 size down, the fit was great. The comfort on the 6 is better than the 4 and 5. Chaos V for this Christmas. Hopefully we get the grinches next Xmas.

KOBE IV PROTRO WIZENARD
CV3469-001

10/2019
Yes[/QUOTE]

B69B4911-75C1-4E6F-93DA-660E7F00709A.jpeg

C188AE6B-7A08-400B-9AFB-345CF24328C7.jpeg

YES!

the 6's were more wide foot friendly. the 5's were too narrow for my liking. the 6's needed more breakin time, but were super comfy after a week.

My first league game was last week and I tried to hoop in the 81 protros, but man even with the full length zoom, the shoe itself is too bulky with too much material.
did you break them in? bulky with the ankle height or the paneling/materials?

did you break them in? bulky with the ankle height or the paneling/materials?

I didn't break them in. They were fresh out the box, that could be it but it wasn't the fit or comfort that bothered me. They fit well, no pinching or discomfort and felt good with the full length zoom. It was the damn shape of the shoe and all of the excess design material. The ankle height was much higher than I usually play with and they just felt clunky and heavy. The traction pattern looks more like of an outdoor shoe and didn't bite the floor and was not squeaking the floor either like I'm used to. Hard to explain, but like the leather is super thick (not a bad thing quality wise) but I definitely felt more material and weight. Like the toebox did not crease. Literally after 4 quarters, the toe box i'm sure flexed, but when i took them off after the game there was not a single crease on the leather toebox area. The shoe feels kind of like a boot lol. wide and high.

I'm hoping the carpe diems perform better as it is a low cut shoe and is lighter with less material than the 1s. I never had issues playing with the real og del sols or the olympic pair when they first came out so I'm assuming it should perform the same as it did back then which was pretty good.

For reference my go to hoop pairs are: kobe 9 elite low and kobe 11 EM low. Best traction kobe 9 hands down. Best fit and upper is the kobe 11 EM low. I don't have any of those pairs anymore as I sold them. Technically I should of just stuck to one of those two pairs, but the carpe diems look so good and they are an og colorway.

EDIT: It's crazy how the carpe diems if they were limited, would probably be the most coveted pair of the 4s. Like literally prior to the retro, the ogs were selling for stupid bucks and people who held on to them had their stock plummeted. I'm sure a lot of people, including myself would kill for a fresh pair of carpe diems at retail, but for some reason we are all on the sidelines waiting for it to drop to like $100 range which is wild to me. Definitely a good thing, but waiting it out is the hardest part.

Last edited:
Was debating between Court Purple AJ1 or Kobe 4 Undefeated protro Laker as my next shoe since I don't have a purple cw. Decided to go with the undefeated 4 yesterday with the 50% off sale. About 80 over retail wasn't too bad considering where prices were right after drop. Just glad to have some color to my shoe rotation

the 6's were good, but it was not better than the 5's IMO. the heel was lower and the lockdown was better for me on the 5's than the 6's. I'd still ball in the 6's tho. I remember grabbing a few pairs at well below retail to ball in.
Cushioning in the 6 was more comfortable than the 5.

Back
Top Bottom