Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Not sure if any of you are following the air Max2 light retros, but Nike at one point was dropping an underwhelming/bad cw almost weekly.... I’m pretty sure there is 20+ cws of that model.

Why can’t the Kobe line get more cws? The IV had arguably the most great cws of the whole white line during the original run.

Maybe Nike isn’t impressed with the sales on the model? Most of us know they’ll go on sale, or coupon codes will be available sooner or later, so we wait... all Nike has to do is, drop msrp but$20 or so, and most will grab pairs at retail.

Sales is probably the big thing but Nike did that to themselves...With the whole full length zoom ~ price hike thing...I think most people would’ve been good on a price hike if the full length zoom was actually there as they said it was...Just left a bad taste in buyers mouth...

Still fantastic performance shoes...They just didn’t give it a chance this go around...

I forget who it was earlier in the thread that said these should be on Nike ID...Can’t possibly rep that enough...I’d argue that Kobe’s Protro models would be better served with ID releases...

Last edited:
100% agree on the ID route... drop a few OG, and previous PE cws, and leave em on ID for a couple months. Even add the option to add full length zoom. They’d make a killing.

I think Nike figured this go around, a lot of people would buy for casual, so they’d sell better...this era(4-6) are some of Nike’s best performance shoes for some, so I’d imagine majority of people buying are for use on the court, so a lot are waiting on discount for a pair they’re going to beat to **** anyway.

The price of the Kobe IV retro should be around $150.

This $180 is price gouging.

These days everything with Nike is either mass produced or extremely limited.

Collectors arent going to pay $ 180 for a Kobe IV unless there’s a possibility of resell.

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with factories as far as that goes. It takes time, which costs them money to change to different shoes, so they have a run of a certain shoe/model, then move to the next. This is why some retros are re-tooled to use different midsoles than the original, this mainly happens with air max or Nike basketball retros.
For sure. I understand why Nike does it. It just can suck as a consumer at times.

Shoulda swapped the colors on the toe cap and midsole, woulda been MUCH better imo.

It looks like players, or at least some, can ID their IVs.

The speckle sole and swoosh seems to tell that story for me. Now the question is whether us regular consumers will ever see the ID option...

Paul Milsap
Screenshot_20191018_002239.jpg

now these PEs are just pissing me off

For real. They keep giving us these patent leather Protro 4s :smh: If it wasn't for the dope Laker colorway that UNDFTD released, I wouldn't own any Protro 4 because of my dislike of the patent leather used on the toebox and ankle collar.
No offense to the people who like the OG Kobe 4s - I just dislike the patent leather toebox.

Protro IVs have been super underwhelming. Nice to see CDs... few PEs have been pretty nice. Undftds are ok, I feel they coulda been better (still haven’t seen em in hand, I guess they could be better in person?). Most PEs have been meh with exception of a handful. Most of these PEs that yall are drooling over, y’all wouldn’t buy if they released... its that “I want what I can’t have” thing going on...

the original run was great, so many great cws, IDs, PEs and HOH releases were amazing, with little to no hype.

just my 0.02. Coming from someone that ranks the Kobe IV as probably top 5 shoe of all time...

Last edited:
Ok so now I am ****** off right now.

One of my buddy's works for the Nets, it is pretty much confirmed that players/team equipment managers can ID these and they come in within a week or 2. This is why we are seeing these colorways.

WHY NOT JUST GIVE THE CONSUMER THE NIKE ID???? WHY???? Nike could make a killing man.

Back
Top Bottom