Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
20200127_141051.jpg

Was saving to break these in LA for birthday but Looks like I'm doing that this weekend..Man it still feels unreal to speak of Kobe in past tense.... Mamba Forever

passed on carpe diem at retail for weeks because I was convinced they would drop, and I had a GC. Im sick. I also sold a few kobes over the past year or so, along with other stuff (Jordans, etc). been shrinking the collection as I just don't have the opportunity to wear kicks like i used to as i get older - especially very basketball looking shoes, that don't pair up well with work type clothing. Even sold my favorite kobe 2s maybe 2/3 months ago. as a bigger guy, those were my favorite ball shoes, the strap was great for extra support. Just don't make the time to ball like i used to, being older in age (38 now), with a daughter.

Obviously hindsight is 2020, and i was shrinking the collection for good reasons (more space, saving for house, bankrolling my kids activities like swim), but it still hurts like crazy. This hit me hard, especially having a daughter, i'm sure my girl dads can relate. The shoes (and some shirts, hoodies, and jerseys) were a connection to Kobe. Lucky to still have 4 pairs, including the ones i'm wearing today. I will be wearing them all over the course of the week. Its been cool to spot Kobe's on feet here in NYC this week, feeling a small bit of connection to others going through it as well. Had a few conversations that helped, a few head nods of respect in passing. Still processing it all, glad to have some outlets like this one, to do some reminiscing. Long live the Mamba.
IMG_8798.jpg

I sold a ton of Kobes within the past couple months. No regrets, I have so many Kobes (forget sneakers in general) to choose from still. I'd like to think the people that bought them are enjoying them, though. I don't think I sold a single one for a "profit." I'm getting older, running out of space, and getting tired of the growing number of weekly releases.

I just hope Nike lays low, lets the emotions level out, and returns to selling Kobes. They're great sneakers. I'm still very much planning on bankrupting myself on Protro 6s.

Wish I could have one pair of Kobe’s. Had to get rid of the Green IV’s a month ago because I needed a half size smaller. Now I’m SOL

Retiring all my Kobe’s. Anyone know how to detail/fix the Undefeated on the heel? Someone stepped on it a while back while hooping
B164AE9A-1EAB-459E-8E67-2FAF1C9B7D3C.jpeg

*Born and raised in Los Angeles, so don't come at me with any sort of nonsense. I'm not here for that. My city is mourning. And I might cross-post this in other Kobe threads.*

I'm an OG sneaker head, and do small scale resell on the side, but after what happened, I am keeping all DS pairs of Kobe's I have
IMG_1816.JPG

Sad thing is the appearance of Nike “pulling” the shoes but they really just sold out.

If anything Nike capitalizes from this. Hopefully they just flood the market so everyone gets a shot while doing something to benefit something that mattered to Kobe and not just Nike’s bottom line. But we’ll probably see a limited run of something only to build the hype machine so they can sell the other stuff.

Sad thing is the appearance of Nike “pulling” the shoes but they really just sold out.

If anything Nike capitalizes from this. Hopefully they just flood the market so everyone gets a shot while doing something to benefit something that mattered to Kobe and not just Nike’s bottom line. But we’ll probably see a limited run of something only to build the hype machine so they can sell the other stuff.

I wouldn't even say that was Nike. It was people getting that impression on Twitter not even knowing Nikes website wasnt even heavily stocked prior to Sundays news. I think its just todays lazy journalism that runs with a narrative that has zero credibility, and not seeking truth.

Also at the end of the day what is Nike to do? Regardless they'll profit, they're a business at the end of the day. They damned regardless by the masses imo. Now flooding the market with product would've been distasteful and obvious capitalizing. They're not. Eventually they will have to sell Kobe related items and I'm sure it will be in a good light commemorating his life.

We shall see.

I was waiting for Wizenards to drop

I should’ve just got them

I’m thankful for what kobes I do have tho

Will be keeping all of them to wear
I was waiting too. What's weird is I was just at Foot Locker last week with a friend and I had them in my hands. I couldn't wait to pick them up when the price dropped. If I only knew then what I know now. :emoji_cry:

Back
Top Bottom