Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Nobody’s really gonna remember or care what shoes AD was wearing in the 2nd game of a conference final

clutch shot though
Kobe shoes are not popular to the general public. So something like this on the biggest stage matters. Yelling Kobe on a GW shot in some Kobe’s is gonna move the needle even more on these shoes bro.

1600657840649.png

1600657857342.png

:emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded:
Why Nike can't just make these in massive quantities????

Kobe shoes are not popular to the general public. So something like this on the biggest stage matters. Yelling Kobe on a GW shot in some Kobe’s is gonna move the needle even more on these shoes bro.

So let me get this straight. The general public doesn't care for Kobe shoes, but suddenly the general public will start to care for the Bruce Lees because a player that the general public probably doesn't even know (Does AD even have his own sig shoe) hit a game winner in a non-decisive conference final game. RIGHT. Gotcha

FYI I'd hardly consider the conference finals "the biggest stage." Especially against a team the Lakers are heavily favored to beat

So let me get this straight. The general public doesn't care for Kobe shoes, but suddenly the general public will start to care for the Bruce Lees because a player that the general public probably doesn't even know (Does AD even have his own sig shoe) hit a game winner in a non-decisive conference final game. RIGHT. Gotcha

FYI I'd hardly consider the conference finals "the biggest stage." Especially against a team the Lakers are heavily favored to beat
The lakers ain’t been at the top of the basketball world in almost 10 years. This is by far the biggest audience we had. Mixed with Kobe death. AD hitting shots like this in a pair of Kobe’s with that jersey. Yes it’s gonna help increase hype. It’s to the point I’m seeing fake Kobe’s in Detroit when I would rarely see real ones while he was alive.

If none OG colourway and
None laker colourways are selling out the shelves..
You bet the og colourway just like the Bruce lee will fly off the shelves in a second

They can mass produce low /no hype shoes but not high demand shoes bEcAuSe oF CoRoNaViRuS
I know people laugh at that, but supply chain disruptions have resulted in some weird stuff happening. To my knowledge the reverse has been true, for example, in the grocery realm. So Frito-Lay had some plants shut down because of coronavirus, so for a while there Doritos were gone. Then when they came back, they were, and are, just the basic flavors. Nacho. Cool Ranch. Some of the flavors they'd be doing since before COVID that were reliably on shelves, aren't. But that's the opposite of what you're making fun of. Seems Frito-Lay stopped producing low/ no hype flavor variations, and went to only producing 'high demand' flavor (read: typical or standard or expected) Doritos.

But who knows what impacts Nike has felt. I've never taken the time to look into shoe market reports or supply chain updates but I could easily see a scenario where it could match up to the Frito Lay example. If the true basis for why a certain slice of "weird" Dorito flavors aren't being manufactured in perhaps unproven markets in my area, perhaps its because the process for getting those sent to stores was more speculative, whereas the market for the regular "Cool Ranch" type flavors is so predictable, the company can feel safe sending those out.

So if that translates to Nike, where you have the cheaper/no hype shoes being reliably bought by your Footsites/Kohls/Pennys/Macys/Nordstroms/NDC, those sales can be counted on. But if you produce a bunch of other shoes where you may have an instant sellout or you may just be seeding the reseller market, those products might take longer to analyze demand and manage the launch of, and thus get the green light back to the factory for production. With the lower-end stuff, they just ship it out like they've done forever. I'm guessing the business agreements for that stuff are bare bones (relatively) and sign-off doesn't take much.

With these SNKRS type releases, they have to actually manage the release, or guess what, you start getting articles written about how you handled it. So it may indeed be that they can't reliably handle these high-demand shoe releases with the same ease as no hype ones.

And I'd also guess that capitalism comes into play here. Nike is still a mega corporation. If they can get instant sell-out on, say, the upcoming Bruce Lees, or the already released EYBLs or Big Stages or 5xChamps, then to me it's an acknowledgement of a trade-off situation.

Because capitalism and supply and demand says that if Nike knows that the Bruce Lees are gonna sell out instantly at the $190 price or whatever, that means that they should raise the price. At what price would the shoe still sell out on the day of release? And how many more units can you add?

I think it's pretty clear the Bruce Lee's price could be $300 and they would still be gone day 1, at least in sizes 9-13, even if they increased the amount of inventory by 50%.

So do you want it the way it is now? Hard to get but a price that doesn't crush the wallet?
Or do you want Nike to do what capitalism does for products that aren't basic necessities, and make these release prices $300-$400?

(this is obviously just a partial analysis and doesn't go into detail about the other effects of people buying a $350 shoe and how that would affect saw-it-on-foot sales, and the many other considerations that go along with this)

I hate not being able to buy the shoes I want. Believe me I get it. But given the choice between those two options, I'd probably leave it this way. You win some, you lose some. Rather than "you always win, but your pockets are hurting after paying $1000 for 3 pairs of shoes".

Kobe debuted Bruce Lee against the Nuggets. Ffs, there's no better time to release them then now.

Man, what's everyone thinking BL will end up at on the resell market? I don't feel confident in getting a pair at retail and those are must haves. I know 5x champs were 420 ish and have no dropped to 360 in a size 9. Maybe because it's not an OG cw or something. And last I checked Chaos pairs are above 400 on goat.

Man, what's everyone thinking BL will end up at on the resell market? I don't feel confident in getting a pair at retail and those are must haves. I know 5x champs were 420 ish and have no dropped to 360 in a size 9. Maybe because it's not an OG cw or something. And last I checked Chaos pairs are above 400 on goat.
It looks like most sizes of Chaos are closer to 500 delivered.... I bet BLs will be similar to that

$500

No way you will get the brucee lee for retail. If you know someone/reseller doing pre order. That might be cheaper than paying for resell. Especially for this particular CW. I doubt the resell price will go under $800

SMH

Will try to score Bruce Lee’s at retail in order to trade/deal somehow for 5x Champs

those elude me and i refuse to pay the current prices

Back
Top Bottom