Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I had the BHM 8’s and the Del sol 5’s.

The 5’s were much softer than the 8’s.

Maybe I’m not understanding what you mean by “softer”

The 8’s were extremely flexible and had the soft Lunar insoles. The 6’s were stiff right out of the box, needed break in time and had the regular insoles. After you broke them in though they were awesome.

The problem with spending that much on a pair of Vs would have been, at least for me, $500 and two months or so down the road, the uppers start to split/crack. Don't regret it, you made the right decision, man. And Vs are my favorite Kobes.

Yeah, I barely wore my Dark Knight's and they already started to breakdown. I sold them fast.

Maybe I’m not understanding what you mean by “softer”

The 8’s were extremely flexible and had the soft Lunar insoles. The 6’s were stiff right out of the box, needed break in time and had the regular insoles. After you broke them in though they were awesome.

So I was comparing 5’s to 8’s now you’re talking about 6’s?

You taking about insoles and the time you spent breaking them in changes nothing. I said what I said.

At any rate, I’m extremely comfortable with you having your own opinion.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
The problem with spending that much on a pair of Vs would have been, at least for me, $500 and two months or so down the road, the uppers start to split/crack. Don't regret it, you made the right decision, man. And Vs are my favorite Kobes.
I even tried to ID the same color blocking on the Kobe 8, but of course nothing compares to the OG. For that much money, it prob would've been a display piece anyway. Haha. Hope they protro the BL's tho, I still got mine DS.

2 pairs please. Beat the **** out of my pair one of my pair back in the day.

Please retro all my old kobes please. I beat them all up pretty good so chaos I need at least 2 pairs that's all I want for Christmas this year please lol

383B9E1C-DBCD-4248-9482-0520CF401077.jpeg

Gettin some wears in while we wait.

I found the traction on DKs didn't have the same bite as solid colored rubber like Chaos. I love the DK color blocking but I wore Vs strictly for hooping back in the day and not casually. This time around, not sure if I'd get DKs again.

So I was comparing 5’s to 8’s now you’re talking about 6’s?

You taking about insoles and the time you spent breaking them in changes nothing. I said what I said.

At any rate, I’m extremely comfortable with you having your own opinion.

Have a good one!

I meant to type the 5’s...idk how I typed out 6’s.

There’s been a pair of DK’s on RIF LA that has been haunting me for two years now but don’t know if I want to pay the $250 :lol:

I still have my Lakers away don’t wear them they fit a bit too snug for me now.

Let’s hope these get full length zoom... I had the og del sol pair! Great hoop shoe

I regret sleeping on those all stars

remember some dude had a bunch of V in FSR including those for like $99

I remember NT eating, I was too cheap

:smh:

I just went in my basement a pulled out a box with my Kobe 5s: Del Sol, Dark Knight, Joker, Miles Davis, V-days...... Every pair sole is separating from the shoe:sick::smh::rolleyes

However my Kobe 2 and 3 still have soles attached and still wearable

Only pair of 5s I have left are the ASGs. I wore them a few weeks ago and while they LOOK nice, they're inferior to the 4s.

I'm definitely in for Chaos, Dark Knight, Bruce Lees (if they drop) though.

Only pair of 5s I have left are the ASGs. I wore them a few weeks ago and while they LOOK nice, they're inferior to the 4s.

I'm definitely in for Chaos, Dark Knight, Bruce Lees (if they drop) though.
Inferior in what way? I'm the opposite. After moving onto the Vs from the IVs, I could never go back to the IVs. They were heavier, clunkier and the lunar bottomed out quick. The only advantage the IVs had over the Vs was traction.

Back
Top Bottom