Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I wish I could've gotten a pair of Chaos V's while I had the chance...

I wish I had picked it up too. I still have the old chaos pair somewhere beat and worn down. I thought I'd be able to pick up the chaos pair on discount but I did see it sold out on SNKRS on release date. Plus it was a hectic holiday shopping month for me so I thought I'd pass on it for now and come back to it. Ship has sailed unfortunately. Seeing Gigi and the whole Mamba academy rocking them made me wish I have a crisp pair.

I'm actually really surprised the undefeated 4 black mamba cw is going for so much higher than the lakers cw. I mean I get that it's his actual nickname associated with the cw, but damn, lakers cw is iconic.

I love the Kobe line all around, but man, I am probably only looking to add the black mamaba undefeated 4 (still a maybe) and definitely the ftb 11. Currently still working on restoring some of my older kobes

Kobe's been wearing the Undftd 4 black mamba cw more recently (might be the PE version of it but still essentially it).

I wanted the Chaos V as well...I did get the 2k pair but my cousin wanted them so I’m giving them to him when I see him once he’s on spring break from college. He was shocked I am still willing to let him get them for retail. If it was anyone else I wouldn’t trust them not to sell them, but I know he’s a die hard and will wear them into the ground.

I bought the chaos 5 Protro on StockX Saturday night right at midnight going into Sunday.. very concerned that the person will back out for various reasons even after I paid n confirmed. StockX told me if seller doesn’t send shoes they’ll be charged 15% n suspended. I just want my damn shoes i ordered ugh. Btw I had a sz in 11.5 but were to snug cuz I actually play in my Kobe’s (I don’t collect)...

I wish I had picked it up too. I still have the old chaos pair somewhere beat and worn down. I thought I'd be able to pick up the chaos pair on discount but I did see it sold out on SNKRS on release date. Plus it was a hectic holiday shopping month for me so I thought I'd pass on it for now and come back to it. Ship has sailed unfortunately. Seeing Gigi and the whole Mamba academy rocking them made me wish I have a crisp pair.

Kobe's been wearing the Undftd 4 black mamba cw more recently (might be the PE version of it but still essentially it).
That makes sense then. I know GiGi and the rest of the team were in chaos v's in that mamba cup tournament. Just looking at the photos of Kobe now, it was definitely a pe version. There was no undefeated branding on the tongue and it's an all black shoe, no white/milky outsole. Still, I do get that people would want it since it is a black mamba cw. Initially, I couldn't get down with it since it was so plain compared to the other undefeated cw's, but I can definitely appreciate it now.

I bought the chaos 5 Protro on StockX Saturday night right at midnight going into Sunday.. very concerned that the person will back out for various reasons even after I paid n confirmed. StockX told me if seller doesn’t send shoes they’ll be charged 15% n suspended. I just want my damn shoes i ordered ugh. Btw I had a sz in 11.5 but were to snug cuz I actually play in my Kobe’s (I don’t collect)...
stockX won't suspended and likely won't charge the 15%

hope you get your pair though

SO GUYS DO U THINK THE BIG STAGE PROTRO GOING DROP FEB 7TH?I SEEN WTK 8 FOR 20K.THIS IS INSANITY

It looks like they were taken off the release calendar from Footlocker.ca and .com. Understandable so. Maybe they'll wait until August 24th to just drop a whole bunch of shoes. I appreciate the fact that they're not trying to take advantage of his passing this soon. It would be really easy as a heartless corportation to just be like "to celebrate Kobe, we're releasing all these shoes right now". And they didn't release a tee. If they do it right, it can be an amazing tribute, and I hope they go the right direction.

So mad they just won't release the actual ones he wore in the NBA finals. Not getting these two face rendition, but I understand why some would want these.

Hoping his actual PE's release, like the Laker colorway. I'm all over those.

I always wanted the FTB 11's, but they were near impossible to find at a reasonable price. I remember always looking though and the lowest I ever saw it was 500-600 for a size 9. This was maybe within the last year and I wasn't sure how good the reps were since I remember these going for 1000 when they first dropped. Still want a pair for my collection, but man, gone are the days that I'll be able to buy for a reasonable price.

I was the same way, however i was going hard looking for these and i was lucky enough to purchased 2 pairs for under $300 each pair. it was always my intention to get these signed by kobe but never got the chance to now.

Attachments

• 1EF93165-1701-4E39-A466-F511BAF57B1B.jpeg
    1EF93165-1701-4E39-A466-F511BAF57B1B.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 258
I was the same way, however i was going hard looking for these and i was lucky enough to purchased 2 pairs for under $300 each pair. it was always my intention to get these signed by kobe but never got the chance to now.
Damn dude, I'm mad jealous. The fact that you have two is insane. I don't think I ever saw em as low as 300 before.

Damn dude, I'm mad jealous. The fact that you have two is insane. I don't think I ever saw em as low as 300 before.

I got 2 too, both at retail and one of them was from KB24. I always meant to get them signed thru that panini program or whatever but my wife talked me out of spending $500 to have it signed, she told me to get it signed if I ever met Kobe. Kobe was in Barnes and Noble NY for his booking signing I think last year or the year before and I couldn’t get the sold out tickets. I thought it’d be a chance to get one of my FTB XI signed but read that BN restricted signing to only the book. Either way, I couldn’t get the sold out tickets.

5AA1A88B-4AAB-4C75-B9A7-C7C3C3424370.jpeg

Glad I managed to secure a pair of Chaos. I don't even know if I want to ball in them anymore.

I wonder if strategy now is to fully focus on the Protro's and really go hard with releases. I really hope Nike comes up with some sort of Mamba line for the female ballers in memory of GiGi that would be dope.. who knows they might even release a father/daughter pack for Fathers Day.

Glad I managed to secure a pair of Chaos. I don't even know if I want to ball in them anymore.

I wonder if strategy now is to fully focus on the Protro's and really go hard with releases. I really hope Nike comes up with some sort of Mamba line for the female ballers in memory of GiGi that would be dope.. who knows they might even release a father/daughter pack for Fathers Day.
I would love to see some Kobe 8’s.

I got 2 too, both at retail and one of them was from KB24. I always meant to get them signed thru that panini program or whatever but my wife talked me out of spending $500 to have it signed, she told me to get it signed if I ever met Kobe. Kobe was in Barnes and Noble NY for his booking signing I think last year or the year before and I couldn’t get the sold out tickets. I thought it’d be a chance to get one of my FTB XI signed but read that BN restricted signing to only the book. Either way, I couldn’t get the sold out tickets.

5AA1A88B-4AAB-4C75-B9A7-C7C3C3424370.jpeg

Super jelly. You my size too, right?

Those were the only pair I went after out of the entire pack. Like you, the plan was to send it to Panini to have it signed. But unfortunately I couldn't hit. And resell was anywhere between $600 - $1000 so there was no way I was gonna do that and pay the autograph fee as well. Hindsight is 20/20, but should've done it as big of a Kobe fan as I am.

Back
Top Bottom