Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

IDC, yes I was a fox boy buying the FTB 11s at a high price for $900 after he scored 60. Even before that game I wanted them when Nike first announced the whole FTB pack and I just bit the bullet. I wanted to get them signed too but after spending that much (which I'll never do again for any shoe) I just realized, screw it and wear them on Mamba Day last year.

No regrets #MambaForever

91A0379A-9A69-4026-91C9-E97080A6F8B2.jpeg

Just wanted to share these, my favorite colorway

Sad thing is the appearance of Nike “pulling” the shoes but they really just sold out.

If anything Nike capitalizes from this. Hopefully they just flood the market so everyone gets a shot while doing something to benefit something that mattered to Kobe and not just Nike’s bottom line. But we’ll probably see a limited run of something only to build the hype machine so they can sell the other stuff.

*Born and raised in Los Angeles, so don't come at me with any sort of nonsense. I'm not here for that. My city is mourning. I posted this in the Kobe 4 thread as well.*

I'm an OG sneaker head, and do small scale resell on the side, but after what happened, I am keeping all DS pairs of Kobe's I have
IMG_1816.JPG

How cool would it be if Nike, in an effort to combat resellers, flooded the market with Kobes?

I mean I could totally see them dropping a bunch of different models and making a bunch of them so whoever wants a pair can grab a pair at retail.

Do the right thing Nike!

I’m sure Nike will do something special with some type of IDs but they aren’t about to release all his shoes at one time lol

I just hope Nike handles this right & keeps on releasing his new line along w/ protros! How long was kobes contract with Nike for? Do they have to get permission from family now? Do they offer him/family a life long deal w/ Nike/Kobe line? This has never happened to a signature athlete before...

:lol: no way they drop all the Kobes at once.

An ID tribute would be nice and ideal, but how do they decide which Kobe to release to ID?

I’d be ok with that. Back in the day I did almost every PE he wore on ID. Wish i still had em.
im interested as to what Nike’s strategy will be. I feel like flood the market short term, as to eliminate reseller bs and/or open up ID for a limited time UNTIL they come up with a long term plan. One thing is for sure, the line is here to stay. Release a Mamba Mentality line for V and the family. I’ll support the ish out of it with hoodies and clothes.

All I want Nike to do is wait a little while..let the family and friends grieve and have their time 8+ months at least.

I don’t know what current contract Nike had with Kobe but I’d want them to somehow revise it so that the family is making more money off the selling of his merchandise. I’m sure Vanessa and those girls are good regardless but a portion of sales should go directly into an account for those kids.

Then Nike should pump out as many Kobe’s as they possibly can. I don’t even wear Kobe’s anymore I outgrew all the ones I had, but I would buy a few colorways just off principle alone.

what? You said you sold them for retail..

why mention that part? You sold them because you didn’t want them.

the way your post came off is as if you were upset you sold them for a low price

🤷🏻‍♂️
You don’t know my situation smh. You’re assuming like most people.

dukes23 dukes23 Im pretty sure the fact the you put you sold your shoes for retail is what makes the post look so egregious.
Because I indicated “retail” makes it egregious? I’m not here to make money on someone’s death. I was just indicating that I gave them away. You guys are taking it the wrong way apparently.

I think it’s a pipe dream how people think Nike will flood the market with Kobe’s etc. Us real fans are pretty much screwed for the foreseeable future. And yea those grinch’s I want are 15K now so unless I hit the lottery that will never happen. Sad sh*t

Back
Top Bottom