Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

0C5C9DC9-FC23-47CE-85EB-7B50AA2ADE8D.png

Wait, the ADs got the NIKEID treatment? I thought they got retail releases?

I definitely don’t see these hitting NIKEID. Not even with limited options, which is why PJ said they’d be coming to stores soon.

even if they did hit NIKEID, you’d have like 2 minutes to try and create something with the website bugging and not being able to see what you’ve created. It’s what happened with Nike Levi’s By You. Except these are Kobe’s and will have way more demand than some AF1s.

I’m not getting my hopes up.

These ADs hit NikeID

img01.jpg

I’d expect it to be like how they did the Kobe 8 if they did. Regular iD for everyone that wants to make them and PEs you can order too for certain guys like they did for J.R. Smith, Nick Young, etc.

iD would be fine but I’m okay with some of the colorways people have been wearing in the bubble. I’d pass on the pattern kicks we’ve seen. Give me either some of these new colorways or Kobe tribute colorways.

I check this thread a lot for news and I hope they come out on ID as well. If it does, I can think of two pairs I would make : the Inline and black del sol. I had the black del sol ones but they fell apart on me so a replacement replica pair would be nice since I doubt it would release... I was telling my coworker, with this whole pandemic, I'm sure Nike could use some money. I'd be more inclined to buy if the proceeds go to the families of the crash victims or charities Kobe/Vanessa have that need it the most. It would be a win for consumers since we can all honor Kobe in our own way.

There were a lot of PEs for the 4s including patterns and textures that were never in any of the retail pairs. I think players just have access to an ID service but that doesn’t mean the public is close to getting it.

also PJ saying retail release doesn’t mean mass produced. It could hit like one store in Houston or something.Producing like 3 pairs per size seems like the amount of effort I’d expect, which takes less resources than limited iD options

imo, I still think Nike should make all Kobe’s largely available. I still think they’ll sell out but anything other than mass GR makes Nike look like absolutely blood suckers. Making mass amounts so it’s just combats resell altogether and we all win/his family wins. I guess it’s still a business but it’ll look bad imo if all his shoes are somewhat limited. Especially since Kobe is no longer with us.

honestly still feels like a bad dream.

Back
Top Bottom