Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

I think you all are reading too much into the name of the shoe. It's just another half cent mash-up of all his shoes. They named it the Zoom Rookie. Were yall complaining about the name of the half cents because they weren't fractionally correct since they were made of more than 2 shoes?

Originally Posted by mildsauce

I think you all are reading too much into the name of the shoe. It's just another half cent mash-up of all his shoes. They named it the Zoom Rookie. Were yall complaining about the name of the half cents because they weren't fractionally correct since they were made of more than 2 shoes?

This is what Penny had to say about em himself:

Penny Hardaway

@Iam1Cent

The 'ROOKIE'!! Coming soon! The Rookie is a combination of the shoes that I wore my rookie year. Coming in august. All colors!

June 23, 2011 8:37a, from Echofon

Originally Posted by PTone

Penny Hardaway

@Iam1Cent

All colors!
sick.gif

"All Colors"... I Dont Like The Sound Of That... Jus Keep It Simple With Maybe 1 Or 2 Colors Out The Gate... Not The Whole Rainbow...

as always, da orlando color will sell out, a all black color will move slow but steady, and a eggplant colorway is da dark horse...

They gotta stop playin and retro these penny sneakers.. Penny 4's in OG colorways, black/royal foams, flight one, air up (with the 1 on the back), air go lwp white/royal, jordan ix p.e. home&Away ........

how i wish penny wasn't robbed of the prime of his career,we could've been enjoying the retro of penny V's or VI's instead of settling for hybrids and mash-ups.  

for 200, i may have to pass :/ i like how nike's going back to penny for it's latest releases this year lol

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

how i wish penny wasn't robbed of the prime of his career,we could've been enjoying the retro of penny V's or VI's instead of settling for hybrids and mash-ups.  

same but i think doing the IV right this time and the non-numbered pennys would do well for both us and Nike

Originally Posted by ninjahood

as always, da orlando color will sell out, a all black color will move slow but steady, and a eggplant colorway is da dark horse...

said best,
theres a pic of these in yellow that looks pretty good imo.
might be a bball only shoe for me

Yo I don't have a twitter, but do you guys think if you ask Penny on there to ask or have Nike release the other 2 OG colorways of the Air Max Penny 1 he would relay the message?

Despite an injury-shortened NBA career, Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway is one of the most beloved basketball players to ever lace him up. The admiration for Penny as a player is only rivaled by admiration for him as a Nike signature athlete

lol yea right. he can thank nike for the admiration. if it wasnt for the ad campaigns and the shoes nobody would remember him.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Despite an injury-shortened NBA career, Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway is one of the most beloved basketball players to ever lace him up. The admiration for Penny as a player is only rivaled by admiration for him as a Nike signature athlete
lol yea right. he can thank nike for the admiration. if it wasnt for the ad campaigns and the shoes nobody would remember him.

!#@$ with that crap. There are tons of people in their mid-twenties and older that remember what a beast a healthy Penny Hardaway was. Everytime there is a discussion about 1990s basketball Penny is brought up. Making the #*%*# sound like Mitch Richmond or something. Just search youtube for Penny highlights and you will see what I mean 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by NobleKane

!#@$ with that crap. There are tons of people in their mid-twenties and older that remember what a beast a healthy Penny Hardaway was. Everytime there is a discussion about 1990s basketball Penny is brought up. Making the #*%*# sound like Mitch Richmond or something. Just search youtube for Penny highlights and you will see what I mean 
Yeah bro.. Penny was that dude.. Penny had a decent career in Phoenix as well.. Thats my all time favorite player. Dude was a Smart basketball player.. something that is very rare in todays game.

penny in orlando with shaq, dennis scoot, nick anderson and the great horace grant.
Thats MY fave starting line up of ALL TIME.

back to the shoes,hope these end up half/cent status and flood the outlets.wouldn't mind getting them at $69 or so.

Back
Top Bottom